Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Time posted:

r u gonna live

Not if the Ravens have anything to say about it!

If the team doesn't shut Linderbaum down and force him to get this taken care of they are complete idiots. He apparently played through this in college. That's what he'll probably do again if we leave it up to him. But we should be much smarter than that. This isn't a situation where it should be left up to the player. He might have gotten away with it at the college level but the NFL is totally different. You tell him you get this taken care of or you're done until you do. Your choice!

I watched the little report though and it sounds like the team is "Optimistic" it'll just resolve itself after 1-2 weeks. News flash you absolute idiots: He couldn't even make it through training camp without the loving injury reaggravating. What makes you think he's going to make it through 17+ actual games at the NFL level?

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Time posted:

r u gonna live

The Ravens are trying their damnedest to make sure the answer is “no”.

e: lol, lmao

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kawalimus is right, I'm not sure how an undersized center with a foot injury is going to anchor against Cam Heyward/DJ Reader/Whatever dipshit is on the Browns

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He can't keep getting away with this!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Good thing snapping the ball isn't a challenge at all for the Ravens backup center

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have a sharp pain in my heel that gets much worse when I put weight on it or flex my ankle. AFCN posters are an endangered species.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I have a sharp pain in my heel that gets much worse when I put weight on it or flex my ankle. AFCN posters are an endangered species.

drat. Hope you're ok!

When I was a kid I had this weird issue in my foot where my achilles tendon would tighten and I couldn't put my foot all the way down for like 1-2 days. Then it'd resolve itself. I told my parents and teachers about it but nobody would do anything to help me so I just had to limp around walking on my toe on my right(left?) foot for a couple days. I probably could have gotten a serious injury if it had been forced down. I even asked doctors and they're like "oh that sounds like tendonitis". I mean maybe? I guess? I don't know.

I had it happen once as an adult like 15 years ago. But it didn't even last a day just like an hour. Weird.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Harbaugh says it's not Lisfranc, just random foot injury. Hope that's true. But he better not be lying.

If Linderbaum gets lisfranc rupture this year fire Harbaugh on the spot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

random? yeah right.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Remember when Breshad Perriman was going to be out for like two weeks

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
No

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one time they kept saying the bengals player would return from injury soon and never did for the whole season. at least 5 games went by. don't know why they did that

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Imagine not knowing this. What a world.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Reading that the Ravens passing game looks abysmal. Right now I think one more year of Brown might have been better than Linderbaum's full career if his feet can't endure the NFL level.

Why didn't we sign any veteran receiver? Even someone like Julio Jones who probably can't play the whole year? Is the team trying to sabotage Lamar so he's not worth as much? 8 Games with Jones would be better than 17 games without him.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 9, 2022

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

everything that zrebiec has written so far makes it sound like jackson looks good, andrews looks insane and proche and bateman both look good. otherwise everything sounds typical training camp stuff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Reading that the Ravens passing game looks abysmal.

I'm shocked

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

everything that zrebiec has written so far makes it sound like jackson looks good, andrews looks insane and proche and bateman both look good. otherwise everything sounds typical training camp stuff

Zreibec says it looks good, I see other reports posted on reddit saying Jackson looks like he's struggling. Ah well. I guess it's pointless to complain about before actual games happen anyway. I think I'm just still worked up about the Linderbaum stuff and hope we didn't make a mistake with him.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

hensley did say that yesterday was a pretty inaccurate day, and i think i remember zrebiec saying the offense had a tough practice a week or two ago but i think that's been it. most of the disappointment on offense has come from duverney, kolar and lindenbaum being sidelined, none of the UDFA WRs stepping up and then occasionally some oline stuff (which is to be expected with stanley and lindenbaum both out atm)

likely has been a pretty positive note though, seems like hes constantly having some good practices.

its all training camp stuff though - they had that open practice at the stadium that fans attended. hamilton had a pretty bad practice during that and the next day fans on twitter/reddit/the dregs of the internet were in full on meltdown mode. meanwhile, according to reports, he's bounced back from that practice since then. so, like you said tough to really know until they start playing for real

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

All is normal in Ravens land

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1557088905593323526

(Harbs has everyone in bubble wrap this year so there could be nothing at all wrong with any of these guys)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Forget the guardian caps, just have everyone strap into a Zorb at practice

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oberst has told me he'll send anyone who can secure him a picture of Tyler Linderbaum's bare feet $200 in cash.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

In a blow to the enemies of Ravens athletics, I appear to be cancer free as of today. Now if only we can figure out why Eifert's foot hurts and find a way to raise Cavaro.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

sharknado slashfic posted:

In a blow to the enemies of Ravens athletics, I appear to be cancer free as of today. Now if only we can figure out why Eifert's foot hurts and find a way to raise Cavaro.

Oh. That seems good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Congrats!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Excellent. We all must persist and survive!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Excellent. We all must persist and survive!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

hell yeah :cheers:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the foot thing was just the mid-30s thing where you hurt yourself somehow without even realizing it. It went away overnight.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm glad you survived

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

falcor paw patrol stadium from the bengals

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1557401803750260738

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

More health rambling: I had a really bad breakout yesterday afternoon. During the day. Weirdly concentrated where I had been sweating earlier. I popped an allegra and a benadryl and jumped in a cold shower to defeat the nasty rash in singles combat. All I had eaten was sushi for lunch, spicy tuna, spicy salmon, and yellowtail--with no avocado or anything just basic lunch sushi. And a wonton soup with the chow mein things. I don't know why they give you the duck sauce when no egg or spring roll is included with it. But I digress!

So, I no longer think this is latex-related. I think I have developed some sort of general histamine intolerance and need to put myself on a low histamine diet. I have a pcp visit for monday and from there I will get to an allergist, but in the meantime I need to do my best to guess and manage the situation myself. Hopefully it's nothing more serious than that. But we shall see.

With this Ravens preseason win streak on the line tonight, wouldn't it be so appropriate to lose it at home to the Titans? I don't really care as long as no one is injured.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

stay safe kawalimus 🥺🥺🥺

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

More health rambling: I had a really bad breakout yesterday afternoon. During the day. Weirdly concentrated where I had been sweating earlier. I popped an allegra and a benadryl and jumped in a cold shower to defeat the nasty rash in singles combat. All I had eaten was sushi for lunch, spicy tuna, spicy salmon, and yellowtail--with no avocado or anything just basic lunch sushi. And a wonton soup with the chow mein things. I don't know why they give you the duck sauce when no egg or spring roll is included with it. But I digress!

So, I no longer think this is latex-related. I think I have developed some sort of general histamine intolerance and need to put myself on a low histamine diet. I have a pcp visit for monday and from there I will get to an allergist, but in the meantime I need to do my best to guess and manage the situation myself. Hopefully it's nothing more serious than that. But we shall see.

With this Ravens preseason win streak on the line tonight, wouldn't it be so appropriate to lose it at home to the Titans? I don't really care as long as no one is injured.

One of the first things I noticed when the my body just hates me hives started was the really big breakouts liked to happen where my body was laying against something. But definitely try to get a referral to an allergist or at least a dermatologist if they try to jerk you around. It's been going on long enough that it's obviously not just a fluke.

Yeah just no injuries please. My friend is going to the game and was sorely disappointed when I told him it was highly unlikely that Lamar would even be in the stadium let alone the game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kawalimus please get better so you see the preseason streak get broken tonight

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

try a similar diet but with spicy pickles on the side and some of my famous spicecups (cup of spicey)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

try a similar diet but with spicy pickles on the side and some of my famous spicecups (cup of spicey)

No spicy anymore. I'm gonna be eating lots of oatmeal. Cottage cheese too.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 11, 2022

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

No spicy anymore. I'm gonna be eating lots of oatmeal. Cottage cheese too.

moetmeal williams

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

moetmeal williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gimme mo'oatmeal. Moetmeal.