Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
it would be a weird typo but this game does have a lot of typos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I feel like they have partner digimon speaking for their humans once in a while by accident too.

My favorite error is from one of Kaito's evolution scenes.

Takuma's name and portrait are not shown for this line.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Alright, finished the NG+ only route. I really recommend doing the at least one other route before it. The levels are quite a bit higher in it, especially by the end, so having a deeper team of higher level Digimon might be helpful. I was still able to win fights, but it took me a number of tries on some of them.

Shuuji becomes a much better character when he isn’t abusing Lopmon. Ryo does too! Really, everyone having their poo poo mostly together after a route of them very much not was nice. That said, I imagine the catharsis of that is better when you’ve seen the other non-NG+ runs for yourself.

I really like the Sovereigns and especially Fanglongmon showing up. They’re underused, especially compared the Royal Knights.

It was neat to see Digimon tropes without any of the digital aspects, especially after how Cyber Sleuth leaned into it.

I still want to see the two other routes, so sorry Ryo, you’re going to have to die

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thetoughestbean posted:

I just looked at her character profile and yeah it says she’s twelve.

This doesn’t track with how she looks and how she’s written at all, and given that everyone else from the camp is between 14 and 16, I have to believe it to be a mistake

It’s not, early on it’s mentioned she’s in an earlier grade than the rest of the cast.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Honestly it really feels like the entire cast should be like 2 years older from what I've seen, Shuuji is worrying about university entrance on his first year? Saki being 14 would feel better too.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RatHat posted:

It’s not, early on it’s mentioned she’s in an earlier grade than the rest of the cast.

Huh! Well I guess that Saki and Aoi have more of a sisterly bond then. You can call it out for affinity points with Saki in the NG+ route

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Honestly it really feels like the entire cast should be like 2 years older from what I've seen, Shuuji is worrying about university entrance on his first year? Saki being 14 would feel better too.

Shuuji worrying about his university entrance exams at 16 is extremely in character for an uptight kid in Japan

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Got 2 b honest i think those kids look like kids and its a bit worrying yall think theyre university age lol

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

mandatory lesbian posted:

Got 2 b honest i think those kids look like kids and its a bit worrying yall think theyre university age lol

i work at a college. freshmen are babies

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I could have sworn part of the dialogue said Saki was a year older than Aoi.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

They look like teenagers for me, which they are. It's just between Shuuji acting more like 17-18 and Saki looking like the others that made me think they were meant to be older.

But after a second look Saki does look younger than the rest, specially her profile picture. Anime really ruined my ability to tell ages of characters.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To be fair Shuuji acting older makes sense for his character

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Survive: If you have the option to go to the Deep Woods, do. Not sure if it lets you miss it but you won't want to.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Late game spoilers godammit, ryo and shuuji were expected so i didnt train them at all but miu was one of the units i put a lot of resources into, she was one of my fav characters ;_;

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Late game spoilers godammit, ryo and shuuji were expected so i didnt train them at all but miu was one of the units i put a lot of resources into, she was one of my fav characters ;_;

Yeah the Harmony route is pretty brutal

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Quicm Survive question, I've noticed you can find equiment and items when using the camera on areas, do those refresh between chapters or are a one time deal? To know if to recheck old areas after plot developments for more stuff/fights.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

As far as I know they'll replenish in different spots during those black screen phase changes when you've used a certain amount of points in Free Action.

Haven't bothered to check if Free Battles do similar.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This just happened to me, and same. I looked it up and (further Harmony spoilers, seriously don't click if you don't want the route spoiled) you should stop putting resources into Kaito and Dracmon, too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Quicm Survive question, I've noticed you can find equiment and items when using the camera on areas, do those refresh between chapters or are a one time deal? To know if to recheck old areas after plot developments for more stuff/fights.

They refresh multiple times per chapter even

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RatHat posted:

They refresh multiple times per chapter even

Fyck now I'm gonna obsessively explore every node every time to get enough equipment :(

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

The new game plus extra route is substantial and I recommend playing it.

Just set the difficulty down if you don't want to grind through the level bloat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

miniscule12 posted:

The new game plus extra route is substantial and I recommend playing it.

Just set the difficulty down if you don't want to grind through the level bloat.

Yeah it goes quite high, it got quite tough on Hard. Though I didn’t find the final boss that tough, it was a few regular battles and one particular boss that only allows you to use 1 partner that were the hardest for me.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I fought Piedmon in Part 8. I had to grind and actually think through the battle for the first time on Normal difficulty.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Do we have a Digimon gaming thread, and if not, any of y'all got any tips for Next Order?

I just got Taomon to come to the city and I feel like I'm barely scraping by here.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
This is the digimon gaming thread

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vandar posted:

Do we have a Digimon gaming thread, and if not, any of y'all got any tips for Next Order?

I just got Taomon to come to the city and I feel like I'm barely scraping by here.

What sort of tips are you looking for? The best I can recommend is to try to recruit as many people to the city as you can and to start working on getting upgrades to your facilities.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know the game is grindy and I’m okay with that but both my ‘mons died while training up to face Machinedramon and am I really going to have to sit here grinding from egg to Mega in the training facility to be able to face him again or is there a faster or easier way I’m missing?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vandar posted:

I know the game is grindy and I’m okay with that but both my ‘mons died while training up to face Machinedramon and am I really going to have to sit here grinding from egg to Mega in the training facility to be able to face him again or is there a faster or easier way I’m missing?

Don’t be afraid to bump the difficulty down to Easy. It’s the original difficulty in Japanese and really all it does is make your stats go up more when you train in the gym.

Another way to get stats quickly is to eat good good, especially from the restaurant, and to do fights with Digimon in the wild area. I can’t remember the good grinding spots but you can get twenty six points per stat per fight against certain wild Digimon, which is more efficient if done a bunch of times in a row than the gym

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vandar posted:

If the bonds between your Digimon are strong enough, you get an I Win button in Extra Cross Evolution. You can only use it once per day but you can essentially win any fight because of how broken ExE is.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

finished Harmony, started NG+. I dialed the final boss down to Very Easy so I didn't have to spend my whole night grinding.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So, in Digimon Survive, your mega evolution is determined by which route you’re on, not which value is highest. I discovered this by having higher wrath and getting the WarGreymon evolution instead.

I have to say, Gabumon and Seasarmon are loving impossible to find. I’m in Chapter 10, where Seasarmon is supposed to show up and can’t see one at all

Apparently they show up in free battles in chapter 7? So I’m going to need to finish this run to even see them

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 11, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

thetoughestbean posted:

So, in Digimon Survive, your mega evolution is determined by which route you’re on, not which value is highest. I discovered this by having higher wrath and getting the WarGreymon evolution instead.

I have to say, Gabumon and Seasarmon are loving impossible to find. I’m in Chapter 10, where Seasarmon is supposed to show up and can’t see one at all

Apparently they show up in free battles in chapter 7? So I’m going to need to finish this run to even see them

Note that your mega is only determined by the route in the normal routes. In the Truthful/NG+ route it’s tied to your Moral/Wrath/Harmony score like your Champ and Ult forms

As for Gabumon/Seasarmon they’re in Shadow battles only. Thankfully you can reroll them by starting the encounter and then giving up. Seasarmon was the last one for me too, I got mine in Ch7(the part where you’re exploring the factory).

This spreadsheet lists where every recruitable Digimon can spawn, what their correct answers are, and what items they give you. There's also a link to another spreadsheet for the list of shadow battles per chapter because there can be multiple periods each chapter with different shadow battles. I'm not sure how the devs expected anyone to find a specific mon they were missing without a guide.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 11, 2022

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Vandar posted:

IIRC fighting a mon that's higher level than yours raise all their stats by the same amount the gym training raises 1 or 2 of them, it also doesn't consume 1 hour of ingame time and raises the battle count for your Digimon that's usually a requirement for stronger digivolutions so that's the more efficient way of training. The problem is finding a Digimon opponent that is alone (so it's easier and quicker to fight) and just the appropiate level so it raises all your stats without being a difficult fight, I remember using one of the Piddomon in the volcano for this for example, other thing to keep in mind is that it's harder to remove tiredness (you got your camping tent already?) and finding a WC while you're in the wild, of course.

I don't think you need Mega level Digimon for that Machinedramon, even if the battle seems pretty hard. Make sure you unlock the skill to defend with your Digimon and the one that nulls all damage while defending and make good use of it with the Digimon Machinedramon focuses on while the other one builds up damage.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 11, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Finished the Morality route of Survive. I’d definitely recommend that one as the first route you do, because, well, the other routes I’ve done are more interesting. Plus they kind of assume that you’ll have a powerful Vaccine on hand. I still feel like you should do the Truth (NG+) Route last, otherwise things are just way too easy on the cleanup routes.

Having to bring Gabumon into a fight to evolve to Omegamon is a good counterbalance to that route giving you a Super Ultimate/Ultra (please Bandai… just stick with one). It doesn’t make that particular route leaving you too OP compared to the other non-Truth ones.

Anyways I think we saved the Digital World(?) by starting a cult

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

thetoughestbean posted:

Plus they kind of assume that you’ll have a powerful Vaccine on hand.

lmao makes sense, my powerful Data got housed in those endgame fights

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah Data mons are kinda bad considering most of the bosses are Virus type...

EDIT: Is it just me or did the Wrathful route feel...unfinished? (Massive ending spoilers)You do the same Plutomon fight 3 times and there's a fused Plutomon boss that isn't acknowledged by the story(and in fact shouldn't be there at all). Did they run out of time and just put in what assets they had? Feels weird that they couldn't pull together one more piece of artwork to use to make it make more sense or something.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 11, 2022

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Yeah Data mons are kinda bad considering most of the bosses are Virus type...

EDIT: Is it just me or did the Wrathful route feel...unfinished? (Massive ending spoilers)You do the same Plutomon fight 3 times and there's a fused Plutomon boss that isn't acknowledged by the story(and in fact shouldn't be there at all). Did they run out of time and just put in what assets they had? Feels weird that they couldn't pull together one more piece of artwork to use to make it make more sense or something.

A little bit, honestly.

Doing wrathful after harmony made me think the game had glitched and skipped an entire boss phase. Plutomon is absorbed -> "we gotta fight the master!" -> and then bam Plutomon bursting outta his skull xenomorph style. I was like, wait what? Personally, I wondered if they made a last minute change to make the ending sequence less similar to harmony's. I like both endings, mind, but I wish they were little less mad-lib-y in their execution.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Built a really basic Sakuyamon deck.
I wiped a Jesmon board in two cards. Holy crap.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Kortel posted:

Built a really basic Sakuyamon deck.
I wiped a Jesmon board in two cards. Holy crap.

Well, you can’t just end the story like that, you’ve got me curious. Plus, I’m interested in your deck build as someone who really wanted to try out a Sakuyamon deck too.

That is, if you don’t mind me asking. :allears:

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

EX2 Sakuyamon is pretty funny when it goes off but it's unfortunately super bricky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Petiso posted:

IIRC fighting a mon that's higher level than yours raise all their stats by the same amount the gym training raises 1 or 2 of them, it also doesn't consume 1 hour of ingame time and raises the battle count for your Digimon that's usually a requirement for stronger digivolutions so that's the more efficient way of training. The problem is finding a Digimon opponent that is alone (so it's easier and quicker to fight) and just the appropiate level so it raises all your stats without being a difficult fight, I remember using one of the Piddomon in the volcano for this for example, other thing to keep in mind is that it's harder to remove tiredness (you got your camping tent already?) and finding a WC while you're in the wild, of course.

I don't think you need Mega level Digimon for that Machinedramon, even if the battle seems pretty hard. Make sure you unlock the skill to defend with your Digimon and the one that nulls all damage while defending and make good use of it with the Digimon Machinedramon focuses on while the other one builds up damage.

I didn't need Mega after all. Turns out with enough Strength and HP, Machinedramon becomes an absolute joke. :v:

Trying to spend some time farming bits and stuff to upgrade the city with now before these two die off (Doumon and MetalGreymon Blue).