Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Megabound posted:

My friend took a great Scoops photo.

We have to do this for him, if we have guests over you gotta put a chair out for him to sit in so he can feel included in the group, otherwise he'll be a little terror and work to get everyone's attention.

I'd include Scoops for sure. :3:

Fetch time:
https://i.imgur.com/t1TyQd1.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
With a heavy heart, I’m here to share that Weasel passed away in her sleep yesterday. She had her breakfast and went to lay in her favorite bed like normal to take her after breakfast nap. I checked her an hour later, and she looked asleep. She was gone. There was no pain or struggle. We knew it would be soon and planned euthanasia at home when it was time, probably in the next couple weeks, as she has been declining the past week.

Just last month we celebrated her birthday a little early because we weren’t sure she would be here with us in August.

Weasel was a fighter: she battled cancer since March 2020 to her death. She had radiation treatment for her nasal cancer in fall 2020, and we recently found out the cancer had returned to also spread to her lungs. I am forever thankful to her oncologist and vet care team for being so kind and treating us with compassion during the hardest two and a half years of my life.

I love her so much, and so many people will miss her everyday forever. 19 years old - I’ve had her half of my entire life on this planet. Keep dreaming and being a kitten, girl. You were the sweetest girl.

Aug 8, 2003 - Aug 11, 2022

From her birthday party last month:

From Tuesday this week, with her best friend Jack, who has been her brother for this entire 19 years:

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Megabound posted:

My friend took a great Scoops photo.

We have to do this for him, if we have guests over you gotta put a chair out for him to sit in so he can feel included in the group, otherwise he'll be a little terror and work to get everyone's attention.

Cats are so magical

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Rest in power Weasel. We can all only wish for such a peaceful passing and such a life full of love.

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Pragmatica posted:

From Tuesday this week, with her best friend Jack, who has been her brother for this entire 19 years:

all cats go to heaven

what a pro cat sad to see them leave

edit: just looked at your post history you are good people and i am super glad she stayed with you despite cancer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

wow, rest in power, weasel. 19 is an incredible run! you're good cat butlers

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trig Discipline posted:

oh no frank is the squid humper while ralph has a big purple fleece that he humps and then licks his wiener

it's all a bit much

i stand corrected, thank you

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

19 years is an amazing run for a cat. Bless.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

fishbacon posted:

all cats go to heaven

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Oh no, Weasel. :(

I'm very sorry, Prag.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rest easy, Weasel. you were infinitely loved

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

mean while:

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1558162137809203200?s=21&t=EmBo6ZqzM410kctN0JJFcw

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

wow, rest in power, weasel. 19 is an incredible run! you're good cat butlers

19 years is wild, RIP weasel.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

19 years is a great run for any cat, and two years of good life after an aggressive cancer diagnosis is a miracle and a testament to how loved and well cared for she was. Rest well, Weasel.

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

:kimchi:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

For the next few days I am living with Mia and it has been a pleasure to make her acquaintance.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hello Mia

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo got trapped upstairs

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston's got some whiskers

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
rip weasel, a good friend

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shifty Pony posted:

he sure do!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

devmd01 posted:

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

devmd01 posted:

owned

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

RIP to the yoscats that passed recently

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

devmd01 posted:

my childhood cat would do this to my childhood dog like once a week. i never understood it but it always hilarious

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

im just a little black rain cloud :3:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Good/bad news: I hadn't gotten the results back for Lulu (or her bill) so I emailed the vet and apparently it was a snafu so they sent them again. The good news is that her insurance covered over $650 of the $850 bill. The bad news: Lulu tests higher than normal for indications that she has an enlarged heart (results 2 years ago were fine). I will have to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist to do some tests on her :(

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

We have befriended Mia with the traditional cat sport of running your hand under the blankets to pounce on.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

George is imprisoned

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Good/bad news: I hadn't gotten the results back for Lulu (or her bill) so I emailed the vet and apparently it was a snafu so they sent them again. The good news is that her insurance covered over $650 of the $850 bill. The bad news: Lulu tests higher than normal for indications that she has an enlarged heart (results 2 years ago were fine). I will have to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist to do some tests on her :(

All the best Lulu! :ohdear:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

RIP, Weasel. You had a long life full of love.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Shifty Pony posted:

===^o.o^===

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Butters getting ready for a top rope dive directly into my lap because he thinks he is much lighter than he actually is

Shelley's still growing like a drat weed, almost bigger than my hand now. Kinda crazy when this was her 3 months ago:

InternetOfTwinks fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 13, 2022

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Flakey posted:

All the best Lulu! :ohdear:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

sorry for internet catte, but..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 13, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Butters getting ready for a top rope dive directly into my lap because he thinks he is much lighter than he actually is

sadie used to do this onto my legs in the morning with about a 7 foot fall. it was a lot of work to block her path up there but it was worth it

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

sadie used to do this onto my legs in the morning with about a 7 foot fall. it was a lot of work to block her path up there but it was worth it

Quill jumps over my head to wake me up, I dunno if it's something where she feels like if she doesn't *touch* me I can't get mad at her for waking me up. She'll jump up on the bed, go right beside me, put her face right against my face, see I'm asleep, then jump over my head and land on the other side.

Last week I was so out of it that I woke up mid-jump and grabbed her out of the air, ended up with her hugged to my chest and the look in her eyes was like "holy poo poo"

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I could have written this about Kiku-san

https://twitter.com/ned_potter/status/1557812709097357313

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

praise da sun