Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

CoolCab posted:

it feels like she's trying to throw, but she's probably just insanely confident for good reasons.

No this is just a flat copy of Reagan's '80 campaign, some of it is almost word for word identical

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1557802696396181505

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol how is free trade with Israel the antidote to antisemitism? Surely they’re not implying British Jews have dual loyalty? 😇

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
not liking Israel became officially antisemitism during Corbyn times

as did 'leftism' in general. TBF British leftists should have done something to pushback, anything really. Now you're either neoliberal or a big racist.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Corbyn really should be suing people now. They tried to with Faiza Shaheen recently and she said she had lawyers ready to go if people kept it up

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jose posted:

Corbyn really should be suing people now. They tried to with Faiza Shaheen recently and she said she had lawyers ready to go if people kept it up

that was the problem with corbyn ultimately , he wasn’t a street fighter

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jel Shaker posted:

that was the problem with corbyn ultimately , he wasn’t a street fighter

or anyone else in Labour and Momentum

or anyone leftist with any semblance of power, authority and influence. Corbyn getting shitcanned shouldn't have killed the very concept of leftism in the UK but it did.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/MirrorPolitics/status/1558156558898532352

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

or anyone else in Labour and Momentum

or anyone leftist with any semblance of power, authority and influence. Corbyn getting shitcanned shouldn't have killed the very concept of leftism in the UK but it did.

luke akehurst called jon lansman a comrade and posted a photo of them together like a week ago lol

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

So they’re just going to shovel more money to energy companies.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
no, shovel is overstating it. they are going to give energy companies like 40 quid a head, so it's really more like teaspooning it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Kier starmer and his colleague Jeremy corbyn

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This antisemitism thing is wild and I have no idea what to make of it taking on a life of its own.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Imagine brutally murdering a dude to get into a gang then not only do they not let you in they all say you love him and want to kiss him all the time

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

This antisemitism thing is wild and I have no idea what to make of it taking on a life of its own.

It was an incredibly obvious outcome that everybody saw coming a million miles away

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

It was an incredibly obvious outcome that everybody saw coming a million miles away

I’m just a simpleton from the colonies, we don’t have sophisticated political manoeuvres like this and our media didn’t all go to boarding school together.

Did they anticipate this and see getting rid of Corbyn as worth it anyways?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
riding a tiger is fun and cool and you can use it to get rid of your enemies

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Frosted Flake posted:

Did they anticipate this and see getting rid of Corbyn as worth it anyways?

yes, although some of them will pretend otherwise

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it's impossible to overstate just how much literally every person in politics or media came together to destroy corbyn after he came way too close to winning in 2017

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
although that's kind of tautological because anybody who wasn't onboard simply wasn't allowed on tv or in the papers until it was over. guardian fired several writers over it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

gonadic io posted:

riding a tiger is fun and cool and you can use it to get rid of your enemies

many people are saying this

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1558117479628607489

lol

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Jim Mullen used to be my line manager 20 odd years ago, he was good at fighting our corner but did blame a lack of pay rise on 9/11 so the signs were there

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pryor on Fire posted:

No this is just a flat copy of Reagan's '80 campaign, some of it is almost word for word identical

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1557802696396181505

Has this ever happened to anybody?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Puntification posted:

I've seen solar panels on the roofs of houses but fields of them? Not so much.

I dunno, you hear the same poo poo from Tories about windfarms & how ugly they are but whether they are far off white sticks on the horizon or you're driving 50 metres away from them I've always quite enjoyed how they look.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Puntification posted:

I can definitely imagine some gammon getting absolutely apoplectic about it yes

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

forkboy84 posted:

I've seen solar panels on the roofs of houses but fields of them? Not so much.

I dunno, you hear the same poo poo from Tories about windfarms & how ugly they are but whether they are far off white sticks on the horizon or you're driving 50 metres away from them I've always quite enjoyed how they look.

It's nothing to do with how they look. It's just that they are new and couldn't have been there in their sepia toned vision of what things were like in the imaginary year of nineteen-enoch-powell when everything was proper and paups and colonials knew their place.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/lisa_haseldine/status/1558095007428517890?t=IuDgpAdLvoenyVl7zApwSg&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/1558384760979947520?t=a776hq6HN9pAXbbA6bwczw&s=19
https://twitter.com/MichaelLCrick/status/1558385581729714177?t=-e7Cd1qhXoRK-jbqObeDDg&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
KEIR STARMER WHY WILL YOU NOT CONDEMN SALMAN RUSHDIES KILLERS?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Corbyn has put them in a real dilemma. Agreeing with him is antisemitism, but so is not being anti-Muslim.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Puntification posted:

Oh there are some absolute knob heads out there who think this.
My home area of Northern Ireland, County Tyrone, has one of the highest amounts of wind turbines in the UK, and you need planning permission to install them.
And the local newspapers used to be full of whining fuckwits complaining about seeing 5 seconds of them while driving past or whatever.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Turbines are fine, electricity pylons are a much bigger blight on the landscape.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

complaining about wind turbines/solar panels should get your power cut off for a week

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wicker man but you get tied up on one of the blades

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

Turbines are fine, electricity pylons are a much bigger blight on the landscape.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lots of people are extremely, almost violently against wind turbines here in norway because of the huge environmental impact! The birds will have to adjust their flight paths! And a turbine might be visible from a distance from my luxury mountain "cabin"!!! It's an outrage won't anyone think of the environment!?!? Yes I own shares in oil and gas what does that have to do with anything

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

MikeCrotch posted:

I can definitely imagine some gammon getting absolutely apoplectic about it yes

Oh absolutely but I meant that I've never seen solar panels that weren't on a roof.

Jel Shaker posted:

wicker man but you get tied up on one of the blades

This but unironically.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

You can graze sheep under raised panels, and they like it because they get some shade on very hot days, which are becoming more common for some reason...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Trying for the Tory leadership turned him full gammon

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1557995272919293954?t=y_J1gGtp9l_eArUZCQvkZw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/marrtoffee/status/1558149767124975616?s=21&t=YtMxLkb2QQM07z7xK48NKQ

us yanks cleaning up your messes as per the usual