Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Wow! Awesome build, and also what are using to make renders?
Just Studio's built-in rendering, nothing fancy. I used Photoshop to blue the background of the last one, others are just raw from the program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yo Carbs that street scene rocks!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Love that new build, Carbs.

Do you have a title for it?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

Love that new build, Carbs.

Do you have a title for it?
Leaning toward The Main Drag, but open to ideas!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Getting the fleet assembled!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Chris Knight posted:

That's awesome

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wait wait, I'm obviously out of touch/missed a lot...what's the left one?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Looks like the Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! from the Lego Movie.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

tuo posted:

70816 Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! from The LEGO Movie.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

tuo posted:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So that's what I get for not watching the Lego Movies. Serves me right, I suppose...

e: heck from looking at it, I kinda like the Movie thing the most...need to do some research... (I still have the original GE here, and am not yet drawn into getting the new one ASAP)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

tuo posted:

So that's what I get for not watching the Lego Movies. Serves me right, I suppose...

e: heck from looking at it, I kinda like the Movie thing the most...need to do some research... (I still have the original GE here, and am not yet drawn into getting the new one ASAP)

First lego movie is very good.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Nah, it's for children.

(sorry)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

I remember at least watching the first one for some time, and it was actually cool and good, but I never really watched it to the end.

The second one though? Clicked it when it popped up in one of the streaming services and it was like some kind of slingshot effect where I can't even name a single scene that put me off but I think I stopped it faster than it started to buffer enough to stream.

I also never watched Toy Story 3.

RIP me.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The first movie was for young kids and their parents (or people their parents age).
The second for for just the kids of the first movie (aged in real time fromt he first movie) and not as good.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Lego Batman movie is also legit one of the better Batman movies out there.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Yeah I would say Lego 1 is maybe B+, Lego 2 is C+, Batman is A-, and Ninjago is C. None are downright terrible, but 2 and Ninjago are forgettable and only if you are a fan, have kids, or feel a need to have them all.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The greatest benefit of those movies is they all produced some fantastic sets.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They're all fun movies worth watching.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Douche4Sale posted:

Yeah I would say Lego 1 is maybe B+, Lego 2 is C+, Batman is A-, and Ninjago is C. None are downright terrible, but 2 and Ninjago are forgettable and only if you are a fan, have kids, or feel a need to have them all.

The LEGO Batman Movie has one of the funniest jokes I’ve ever heard in a kids film:
code:
Robin: My name’s Richard Grayson, but all my friends call me Dick.
Batman: Well, children can be cruel.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Chris Knight posted:

Illuminati is a good game. :hmmyes:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Bennys spaceship is one of the best sets made in the past ten years. It’s such a fun build with so much detail and cool stuff.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

Bennys spaceship is one of the best sets made in the past ten years. It’s such a fun build with so much detail and cool stuff.

I wasn't a fan of the spring loaded guns and mechanism to push the wings out, and modded it out eventually. But then I ran out of display space so it's disassembled in bags so you'll just have to trust me!

I hate spring loaded guns on lego sets. I'm sure kids love them so it's overall good they're there.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Xenomrph posted:

The Lego Batman movie is also legit one of the better Batman movies out there.

Except the final act is horrific and probably the worst single act in any Batman film.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Except the final act is horrific and probably the worst single act in any Batman film.

Not while Batman vs Superman exists.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

xzzy posted:

I hate spring loaded guns on lego sets.

I like them once or twice, depending on the set.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Waltzing Along posted:

How so? Maybe I’m mis-remembering it, I do need to rewatch the movie.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Xenomrph posted:

How so? Maybe I’m mis-remembering it, I do need to rewatch the movie.

Batman and Joker gently caress. It's been a while for me, too, so I don't remember all that bothered me about the ending. But the "let's all be friends" thing is fine for a kids movie but it is 100% wrong for a Batman film.

E: I thought the movie was great until the beginning of the 3rd act. Then I thought it was horrible. My opinion, of course.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 15, 2022

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Ninjago Movie was not up to par with the others. I think that's where they over reached and damaged the lego movie brand.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Overall it wasn't the best showing, but it had a pretty fantastic Villain introduction scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44uywB09zEs

Also, "The Canyon of General Unhappiness" was an incredible joke when you finally catch it.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 15, 2022

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Waltzing Along posted:

Batman and Joker gently caress. It's been a while for me, too, so I don't remember all that bothered me about the ending. But the "let's all be friends" thing is fine for a kids movie but it is 100% wrong for a Batman film.

E: I thought the movie was great until the beginning of the 3rd act. Then I thought it was horrible. My opinion, of course.
I thought it worked really well as a subversion of the old 'batman can't ever defeat the joker they need each other' chestnut. The Joker having completely succeeded is convinced to undo the damage to the city because actually winning isn't what he really wants. Batman has grown enough to accept help from others instead of pushing them way, him convincing the joker to help is a big moment for his character arc.

Its a kids movie about toys so it leans onto the conflict ultimately being just a game with no serious consequences. 'Should batman kill the joker' doesn't make sense as a question in a world where peoples heads can be popped on and off imo, so i don't see the issue with batman letting the villains (who just saved gotham) get a headstart before the game begins again. Its 100% pure batman in my opinion, stripped of pretense and grit, celebrating the weird history of the franchise to tell a story that bridges the dour loner from recent movies to more well adjusted versions of the character who can coexist with the extended bat family.

Thats just my opinion though. Like i'll never accept BVS batman as anything but '100% wrong' but he's been a complete idiot edgelord in plenty of stuff before that so its' just my personal feelings afterall.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I checked out of the Lego Batman movie once it became a giant HEY LOOK AT ALL OUR IP jerk-off fest but I keep meaning to rewatch it. I loved it up until that point so maybe I'll be more forgiving in a post-Space Jam: A New Legacy world.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Personally i would have found that a turn off too but theres just something so wonderfully absurd about them putting the Eye of Sauron in as a random baddy.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Images of the new collectible mini figure series...
https://jaysbrickblog.com/reviews/lego-collectible-minifigures-cmf-series-23/

Meh.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

If anybody still needs Benny’s Spaceship x 3, I’ll be listing one in SA-Mart soon, depending on how long it takes me to sort some other sets, including a number of Lego Batman movie sets.

I’ve decided to cull the collection. Nothing but castle and Modular’s for me, I think.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Mr Phillby posted:

Personally i would have found that a turn off too but theres just something so wonderfully absurd about them putting the Eye of Sauron in as a random baddy.

*shrug* I thought it was a fun movie. Lots of well-known voices too, but my favorite are Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face (finally reprising that role) and Eddie Izzard as Voldemort, because the actor who actually played Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) was already the voice of Alfred.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Took ordering parts from halfway around the world to get decent prices, but hey it's finally done. Roughly similar but quite a bit different from the stud.io concept.. the real world required concessions.

A Tiny Little Moon Base by xzzy

Here it is in its permanent home, was the whole reason for the project.

Thinking about what to do in the other three quadrants. I'd like to do a castle theme but I only have 8 studs of height to work with so no super tall castles can be done.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

xzzy posted:

Thinking about what to do in the other three quadrants.

My brother have you heard the gospel of Lego Mario

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

xzzy posted:

Took ordering parts from halfway around the world to get decent prices, but hey it's finally done. Roughly similar but quite a bit different from the stud.io concept.. the real world required concessions.

A Tiny Little Moon Base by xzzy

Here it is in its permanent home, was the whole reason for the project.

Thinking about what to do in the other three quadrants. I'd like to do a castle theme but I only have 8 studs of height to work with so no super tall castles can be done.

Juicy.

Also, that Carbs build.

Just dang juicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
drat thays hot.

for the other quads:
a whole quadraant of succlents arranges by color to be a pride flag