Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
post the source you jeeeeeeeerk

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It's the latest chapter of Marriagetoxin

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Honestly a 10/10 fakeout.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

post the source you jeeeeeeeerk

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013875

Marriagetoxin has been really good, I recommend it. Cool and ridiculous action with some good emotional beats.

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 10, 2022

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Shiori Experience
Being turned into an anime: It could happen to YOU!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Shiori Experience is a visual smorgasbord.

An incredibly solid series that both conveys sound very well despite the medium, but is also worth reading with some background music.

Suleman posted:

Being turned into an anime: It could happen to YOU!
I had a faint bit of hope with the Konming series that got an anime recently, but Shiori Experience relies on too much licensed music for even Japan's copyright laws to avoid I think.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
same reason why I'd be sad but completely unsurprised if wandance never got an anime (well, along with it not being particularly popular) unless someone could conjure up some knockoff beats

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 10, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
No budget could ever be big enough to capture the movement needed for an anime like that.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Full Jojos treatment.

Micky Jockson - Indestructible

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I can't imagine Shiori Experience or Wondance in any format except manga. Wondance's art is specifically designed to suggest motion in static form. Actually taking those images and making them move would be both overwhelming and underwhelming. It'd look like an A-Ha video.

And licensing issues aside, it's impossible to write a real "JACK in!" as good as we imagine it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah it would be tough. Kind of impressed that Beck kinda sorta pulled it off at all in retrospect. It s didn't quite live up to those arcs of the manga but it got closer than I would have expected it to.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/zurachinaruka1/status/1545693734645690369

a whole bunch of panels that I like, in a sequence

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That sounds like an Austin Powers movie plot.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

That sounds like an Austin Powers movie plot.

As a massive Austin Powers fan, it definitely feels like a live adaptation of an ecchi/action/comedy manga given the gags and way it's edited and written. drat, now I'm wondering if there's any doujinshi for it out there :thunk:

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

came here to post this

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

While I appreciate the absolute poo poo of this tiny manga, I wonder if it might've been better posted in the romance thread?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

While I appreciate the absolute poo poo of this tiny manga, I wonder if it might've been better posted in the romance thread?

it could have been posted in both, but it's more funny than romancy.

up to the poster.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

threads are a conversation, not a pile of posts related to a topic.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

EVIL Gibson posted:

it could have been posted in both, but it's more funny than romancy.

up to the poster.
Yeah, that's fair - that's why I postfixed my comment with a questionmark; to indicate that it wasn't meant to be some sort of dictate, and more of an opinion.

Larry Parrish posted:

threads are a conversation, not a pile of posts related to a topic.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah, that's fair - that's why I postfixed my comment with a questionmark; to indicate that it wasn't meant to be some sort of dictate, and more of an opinion.

To let you know, sometimes posting the same thing to multiple threads is a good sort of cross-pollination. Like the Dall-E/AI thread and the PYF Procedurally Generated Art thread build off of each other quite well now. Same thing with the romance thread and this thread. A romance moment could also be a good panel that a more general audience could appreciate.

As an aside about the postfix, I've been posting for so long that I take the "?" after a suggestion like Lumberg telling Milton in Office Space a loaded question. "Do you think you can move your desk?" sort of thing. It's a mind bug of mine.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://mangadex.org/title/8572da1b-3b5d-44aa-a40c-8a92b512c336/dungeon-no-osananajimi

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Aug 24, 2011

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Children of the Sea

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Oh, I see someone has been playing the Pathfinder games.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grease has been a mainstay since at least 3rd edition

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I always just took it because it made for funny mental images

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the most powerful crowd control spell because for some reason nothing ever saves against it. Unlike that loving high level chromatic orb that causes instant death.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

also you can cast a fireball at your grease causing your party to wipe and make everyone get mad both at the grease user and the dm

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

there is no shame in being a luberimancer

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

i preferred the anime adaptation