Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HOLY poo poo, SO THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL VA IN THIS VIDEO!

https://twitter.com/ABaldy64/status/1559203642170908672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Story line is awful, villain is awful, people are unhappy. How do we salvage this? Friezea shows up. Uh huh. He has a new form! BLACK! So cool. He one-shots Gas and then takes down Goku and Vegeta like they're nothing. Let's go with it. People are going to go nuts.
-100% happened

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 18, 2022

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Do we know his other color yet? Or is he black and white? Black and purple would be pretty rad.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
gohan blanco... prepare yourself

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Last Call posted:

Story line is awful, villain is awful, people are unhappy. How do we salvage this? Friezea shows up. Uh huh. He has a new form! BLACK! So cool. He one-shots Gas and then takes down Goku and Vegeta like they're nothing. Let's go with it. People are going to go nuts.
-100% happened

Yeah pretty much. Finally something cool is happening and might not get ignored immediately.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Last Celebration posted:

The best part of these leaks, thinking about it, is (Super Hero spoilers too)if we assume this is post-Super Hero then Granolah just wished himself stronger than Vegeta, which man, I don’t even know what the gently caress.

It's pre Super Hero.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/OmegaCannons/status/1559775467472822272

This meme knocked me on my loving rear end.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

At this point, just fast track him to Gohan Negro

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

I don't get it?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

I don't get it?

Frieza Racisto

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Virgin "Don't shoot, he's not black!" vs Chad "Freezer Negro"

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
frieza used to be excited to show off his new form but everyone just boos at him for doing blackface

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Lamebot posted:

frieza used to be excited to show off his new form but everyone just boos at him for doing blackface

Next guest on the Hercule Satan Experience podcast

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Slowpoking in to say that I just saw Super Hero (I was the only person in the cinema :emo:), it was at its best when it was focusing on the non-action stuff and it was great to see Piccolo have such a big role doing things like sneak around the base, get Pan to play along and finally get a new powerup (I don't care that he wished for it to be honest).

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

hello i am back from a showing where people were hype af for the movie and it was great

i really like modern dragon ball poo poo that doesn't take itself seriously at all

also we always knew piccolo was the best dad, this just confirms it

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

KittyEmpress posted:

I liked in Battle of the Gods (maybe only the Super version?) when Yamcha is like "I haven't fought in years, but I'll try my best to distract him for an instant before dying." when they're all planning to gang up on Beerus for a last second attempt to prevent earths destruction.

It wasn't much, but him being willing to die to save people at least gave him some brownie points.

I think the epic Kamehameha struggle between Cell and Gohan is deeply enriched by all of the other fighters actively helping during it, Yamcha included. I don't care if it was anime-only, it ruled.

Also, I just saw the movie in a somewhat crowded theater. Overall, I thought it was just okay, but I loved how Piccolo-centric it was. Things I remember getting audience cheers:

- The picture of the FighterZ lady appearing in the family tree
- Broly appearing
- Reference to the driver's license filler episode
- Bulma's dumptruck rear end
- Bulma's dumptruck rear end (again) after magical enhancement
- Krillin flying out to help
- Gohan's red-line snap appearing
- Piccolo growing
- Gohan's special beam cannon

You know, GT wasn't very good, but I do think Trunks and Goten were infinitely better in that than they've been in Super.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Dragon Ball Super: MaJunior Returns

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

surf rock posted:

You know, GT wasn't very good, but I do think Trunks and Goten were infinitely better in that than they've been in Super.

they're best as young kids, idk that toriyama really knows how to make the best use of them outside of that :( i love them both too so it sucks to see

note: i have not seen any of super outside of the movies

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I could see Goten being better in GT, but GT Trunks was such a non-character that it's hard to really do worse. They didn't really get any focus in this latest movie, but I still prefer this Trunks over the one in GT.

I just got out of the movie a little while ago. I enjoyed it, but it kind of felt like the movie version of an anime arc that got cut down into an hour and a half. There was an oddly high amount of exposition and the fights felt abridged, other than the last one. It felt like it should have been a movie about Piccolo and Gohan but instead it was basically a movie about Piccolo with some Gohan stuff near the end. Gohan doesn't even have a scene with Pan until the very end of the movie.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

surf rock posted:

I'll give you Goten, in that he doesn't really exist in either Super or GT but at least in GT he has an unique design and somewhat of a personality, but Trunks? Trunks in GT sucks so badly that Xenoverse 2 takes a moment to have Xeno Trunks, who himself is one of the most useless versions of Trunks, go on a rant about how his GT version is NOT him and should not be compared to him because he's that disappointing. He doesn't even make sense as a grown up Kid Trunks, because the people behind GT genuinely didn't realize both Trunks were not the same person (well...they are, but you get the point) and he's an insanely unimportant character for being sold as one of the three protagonists of the first part of the show.

At least Kid Trunks in Super gets genuinely good moments with his future counterpart that serve as character development, making him realize how he took for granted the peaceful times he was born in, not realizing just how much sacrifice it took to get there and how much worse it could've been.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

my cat is norris posted:

they're best as young kids, idk that toriyama really knows how to make the best use of them outside of that :( i love them both too so it sucks to see

note: i have not seen any of super outside of the movies

They were relegated to minor cameos in Super anyway, Trunks had a moment when his cooler older self time travelled back though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

surf rock posted:

I think the epic Kamehameha struggle between Cell and Gohan is deeply enriched by all of the other fighters actively helping during it, Yamcha included. I don't care if it was anime-only, it ruled.

It's definitely a lot better, but I agree with MistareFusion that both ways are kind of weird.

- Manga: Everyone stands around and whines about how they're useless. Vegeta fires a weak ki blast at Cell's face that catches him off guard and breaks his concentration, allowing him to be killed.
- Anime: Everyone fires at Cell, which does nothing because Power Levels™. Vegeta then fires a blast at Cell that stuns him for... some reason.

Like, the anime misses the point that it's a surprise attack that does no real damage, but breaks Cell's focus at a key moment, while the manga just has the cast sit around and do nothing when it's genuinely THAT EASY to get an opening on Cell at this moment.

All in all, the anime definitely does it better, though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cell, just standing there immobilised with his full attention on Gohan... you can't tell me that isn't the perfect setup for the sickest, most fully overcharged special beam cannon ever

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

It's definitely a lot better, but I agree with MistareFusion that both ways are kind of weird.

- Manga: Everyone stands around and whines about how they're useless. Vegeta fires a weak ki blast at Cell's face that catches him off guard and breaks his concentration, allowing him to be killed.
- Anime: Everyone fires at Cell, which does nothing because Power Levels™. Vegeta then fires a blast at Cell that stuns him for... some reason.

Like, the anime misses the point that it's a surprise attack that does no real damage, but breaks Cell's focus at a key moment, while the manga just has the cast sit around and do nothing when it's genuinely THAT EASY to get an opening on Cell at this moment.

Yet another place where a Solar Flare would have saved everyone's rear end.
Or Master Roshi's Thundershock ability.
Anything that would cause involuntary spasms or reactions.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

At least in the anime dub, I think Vegeta hits him with a final flash that isn't fully charged. Given the time and setup for the move, it vaporized Perfect Cell. I could believe if he's just throwing one out there it would at least stun Cell in that situation.

All of this is predicated on the dub not just making poo poo up at that moment, though. No clue if he actually uses final flash or just an orb.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Vegeta's still a Super Saiyan, while the rest were humans and Namekians. Even if he couldn't stand up to Cell at all, he was still an order of magnitude stronger than the rest of the spectators

Perfect Cell easily chumped him every time they fought, but Cell still had to try at least a little to beat Vegeta. Not very hard, mind you, but compared to how effortlessly he shrugged off Krillin's strongest attacks?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Vegeta had enough juice to blow a hole in Perfect Cell so it makes sense that his attack at the end during the Gohan showdown would be way stronger than the Lesser characters attacks

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why didn't Cell ever use the Wolf Fang Fist? Did he even have Yamcha DNA?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbh trying to make a Yamcha Signature Technique (tm) something formidable just seems like energy that’s better spent on poo poo like Tien’s Shadow Clone Jutsu thing. The spinny energy ball doesn’t count, it’s just a worse version of Kienzan.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

At least in the anime dub, I think Vegeta hits him with a final flash that isn't fully charged. Given the time and setup for the move, it vaporized Perfect Cell. I could believe if he's just throwing one out there it would at least stun Cell in that situation.

All of this is predicated on the dub not just making poo poo up at that moment, though. No clue if he actually uses final flash or just an orb.

Wasn't a final Flash; his hand placement is wrong for it. For Final Flash, he spreads his arms and then puts his hands side by side together, similar to a Kamehameha - but directly side to side as opposed to that verticle angle.

For Cell he did a blast where he held his arm with one hand. Probably a big bang attack since that's his one handed one. I think he was just too gassed to do a full final flash.

I know there are feet Kamehamehas and stuff, but Toriyama was pretty careful about showing different attacks with different poses.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

No Dignity posted:

Cell, just standing there immobilised with his full attention on Gohan... you can't tell me that isn't the perfect setup for the sickest, most fully overcharged special beam cannon ever

The main issue is that it probably wouldn't accomplish anything. It'd definitely pierce Cell, but Cell could regen afterwards. That thing stopped being a one-shot kill the moment every villain became capable of regenerating from any sort of wound, sadly.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

The main issue is that it probably wouldn't accomplish anything. It'd definitely pierce Cell, but Cell could regen afterwards. That thing stopped being a one-shot kill the moment every villain became capable of regenerating from any sort of wound, sadly.

It would achive the same thing Vegeta's attack did, except it would be a much better character moment for Piccolo to make the assist instead

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Darko posted:

I know there are feet Kamehamehas and stuff, but Toriyama was pretty careful about showing different attacks with different poses.

Yet to see a pelvic thrust Kamehameha.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Anime leaker SPANKU seems to think the DBS anime return announcement is coming soon:

https://twitter.com/spanku_u/status/1560533839453233153?s=21&t=uX-zYxI7x7sgayl8HdTd1Q

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

No Dignity posted:

It would achive the same thing Vegeta's attack did, except it would be a much better character moment for Piccolo to make the assist instead

Vegeta just grew a heart literally five minutes before that and his crucial potshot at Cell was a manifestation of that.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only thing lessening my hype for the anime is we're back to "The anime is way behind and we know what's gonna happen". Gonna be interesting to see how the timeline of everything figures out because we have no idea where the movie and manga are to each other. (Haven't seen the movie yet) They said the anime and manga will take turns being ahead of the other so it won't be a long wait. Its not like the old day where we're waiting on chapters, they have the outline.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

RBX posted:

The only thing lessening my hype for the anime is we're back to "The anime is way behind and we know what's gonna happen". Gonna be interesting to see how the timeline of everything figures out because we have no idea where the movie and manga are to each other. (Haven't seen the movie yet) They said the anime and manga will take turns being ahead of the other so it won't be a long wait. Its not like the old day where we're waiting on chapters, they have the outline.

Not really, unless they decide to adapt some of the movies there’s only really been two post-ToP arcs in the manga so far (and I didn’t mind a lot of the anime exclusive stuff in Super anyway).

Legend of Dai is ending soon so I wouldn’t be surprised if DBS takes its timeslot assuming the rumors of the show returning wind up being true

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I could see us getting a Broly arc, to establish exactly when it happens and make it so the movie isn't required watching, just like super did with its first two movies.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

I could see us getting a Broly arc, to establish exactly when it happens and make it so the movie isn't required watching, just like super did with its first two movies.

Yeah that’d make sense at least (Super Hero probably isn’t necessary since if I recall correctly it’s set after the timeskip at the end of DBZ but we’ll see)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Larryb posted:

Yeah that’d make sense at least (Super Hero probably isn’t necessary since if I recall correctly it’s set after the timeskip at the end of DBZ but we’ll see)

IIRC it’s set before but much closer than any part of DBS thus far. Would be nice to see the manga make that jump after the hiatus.