Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm not sure if it was just cut or whatever, but a militant born again Christian preferring Apocalypto over Passion of the Christ for Gibson movies was very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Passion of the Christ just isn't a very good movie.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I saw Apocalypto at an acquaintance's house and for like a decade after that every time I saw him he said "Apocalypto" to me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah i mean, at least Apocalypto isn't boring

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I wish I had a friend who did that

I haven’t even seen apocalypto

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Apocalypto does actually rule, it's a massive shame Mel is so terrible.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

I do kinda worry what Angela says to them in private

Did the Jews kill Jesus? definitely seemed to be primed by someone, be it Angela because it's Angela or Nathan because it's bait.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDbiNEt2SE

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

If there were any doubts, Season 2 is now confirmed.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Oh baby. It must be doing pretty okay to so easily survive in the midst of the discovery warners massacre. As expected of lord nathan

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A half second shot of a flow chart that says [ZASLAV OFFERS TO CANCEL FOUR DOZEN OTHER SHOWS AND THREE MOVIES] -> [AGREE]

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Oh baby. It must be doing pretty okay to so easily survive in the midst of the discovery warners massacre. As expected of lord nathan

It's probably because it's a regular HBO production and not a Max one.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

theflyingexecutive posted:

A half second shot of a flow chart that says [ZASLAV OFFERS TO CANCEL FOUR DOZEN OTHER SHOWS AND THREE MOVIES] -> [AGREE]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finally some good TV news

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's probably because it's a regular HBO production and not a Max one.

Gentleman Jack and Time Traveler’s Wife were HBO regular and got canceled
Sesame Street was HBO regular and just got 215 episodes erased

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I think those just got regular canceled, and the classic Sesame episodes were on the HBO Max side

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mcbexx posted:

Oh sweet. I was totally under the impression it was just like a one-and-done miniseries or something.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Finally some good TV news

TTW was insanely expensive and got nothing above lukewarm reviews; it was dead in the water.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/ComicsSteve/status/1560601038629097472?t=_hkfKrfXIvdxcf7kUqegiA&s=19

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

goferchan posted:

Oh sweet. I was totally under the impression it was just like a one-and-done miniseries or something.

It felt that way to me, too. You can't really do the "whole season pivots to a different premise" thing twice. Given that the pilot was filmed pre-covid and everything else was during (was it 2020?), I wonder if the original vision for this show really was meant to be more self-contained episodes. Maybe they really did cancel the other planned rehearsals and stretch three of them out into a mini-season because of COVID, and just tabled the rest for Season 2.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 19, 2022

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
None of you are thinking Nathan enough. Zaslav isn't just renewing Nathan, Nathan is pulling Zaslav's strings. All this WB poo poo? It's part of the seasonal arc for Nathan For You season 5, which gets backdoor piloted in The Rehearsal season 2.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the angela prayer but its her asking god to show that zaslav is not the one pulling the strings, but you lord

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah my first thought is where the gently caress do they go from here, but whether it's going back to something closer to the pilot or pivoting to some other insane thing, I have more faith in Nathan than literally anyone else in television.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Argue posted:

None of you are thinking Nathan enough. Zaslav isn't just renewing Nathan, Nathan is pulling Zaslav's strings. All this WB poo poo? It's part of the seasonal arc for Nathan For You season 5, which gets backdoor piloted in The Rehearsal season 2.

How does "How to with John Wilson" fit into the Nathanverse?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have their head around the HBO Max content purge well enough to explain how they benefit from removing vintage Sesame Street episodes? Is there some kind of tax on puppets?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They can avoid paying out royalties, and it's possible they pay additional fees to sesame workshop or PBS? I know their deal involved a lot of stipulations but I don't know the specifics.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
2nd season eh? This just turning into a show pivot like review with forrest macneil

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mcbexx posted:

:getin:

This news absolutely made my day

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

at least one person is riding the wave of the s2 renewal to success

https://www.cameo.com/angelafromtherehearsal

apparently at the start of the day, she was only charging $50 per. must be popular!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Season 1 is a rehearsal for Season 2

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Crescent Wrench posted:

Does anyone have their head around the HBO Max content purge well enough to explain how they benefit from removing vintage Sesame Street episodes? Is there some kind of tax on puppets?

Bigger thing is that they're in a full panic because they have a big loss on the books and are afraid of shareholders getting mad. So they're slashing and burning to try and make the numbers look better. Somebody had the line that they're butchering their laying hens to sell the meat.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Crescent Wrench posted:

https://twitter.com/rwmead/status/1560685412158431232

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
The Ben Carson way of dealing with problems

https://twitter.com/saynotobutter/status/1560413296422952960?t=-IN1dtuS898hCUs7HaYp3w&s=19

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I wish god had helped me a bit more with bad roommates in the past

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

I wish god had helped me a bit more with bad roommates in the past

same tbh, i had a roommate poop in the sink, where were the 44s and the 22s when i needed them

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i swear robin is some sort of devil in disguise

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

mcbexx posted:

When the episodes after the pilot turned out to be 30 min and they aired them super late I got all :tinfoil: that they were going to cancel it. Stoked that's not the case!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"in order to save The Rehearsal I have to convince David Zaslav that this is a reality show"

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/theannalamadrid/status/1560708041820889088?s=20&t=dYmjc6lTOynfc8Rzidk4uw

Fake Angela's great.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 20, 2022

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/1560788917141774336?s=21&t=-73v6PXs7z-okUVzX56iEw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It just occurred to me that she is the sister on “This Fool”. I was wondering why she looked familiar when I started watching it the other day.