Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

And the "no blanket unbans" is also explained repeatedly with ample reasoning, yet here we are.

No, it's a piss poor explanation. If there's a few problem members in the bunch, they will offend again, and you can throw them out.

You don't toss out the good ones with them and make them ask to come back. That's horseshit, especially given the context.

lovely tuna snatch posted:

If you want some action join Goosefeet the corp that's killed 160m in the last week. Settling into the wormhole any second now.

I do love how you keep coming back to this weak sauce attempt at an own.

Fwiw, I robbed several nullsec banks with a few other members, and we got away with 160M. It was fun as hell, probably more fun than sitting on a gate or pummeling a structure for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rust Martialis posted:

That is not what has been said, you continually exaggerate things.

lol, lmao

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ok, cite anyone in leadership saying you have to beg for unbanning then. Should be easy if you're so confident.

Just making stuff up to act offended is childish.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 25, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
that red text is so accurate lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Ok, cite anyone in leadership saying you have to beg for unbanning then. Should be easy if you're so confident.

Childish is reflexively defending the bad decisions of authority figures. You're just a mouthpiece and you don't know it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rust Martialis posted:

how does the boot taste?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

how does the boot taste?

So you posted a screenshot agreeing with me. Ok?

I mean ffs I just posted a summary a few days ago most people said was pretty accurate and even handed, and just because I disagree with you I'm a boot licking mouthpiece? Get over yourselves, Jesus.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 25, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Rust Martialis posted:

So you posted a screenshot agreeing with me. Ok?

U r doing that thing in your red text again, baby. Maybe you should calm down and stop pooping your baby diaper because we don't bite on your lovely bait.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Awfully upset for someone who is very confident that the lack of proactive correction for incorrectly-issued bans was the moral way forward.

Make no mistake, the lack of proactive correction is a statement providing comfort to the MRA audience that the alliance now has to cater to for survival. To wit, "We spoke our mea culpas, but by our actions we'll allow our members to tacitly believe that Deltas were ultimately at fault here."

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 25, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
oaugh

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Potato Salad posted:

Awfully upset for someone who is very confident that the lack of proactive correction for incorrectly-issued bans was the moral way forward.

My personal view is that they *should* review the bans automatically without people needing to ask, but I can see their stated view that it requires a first step by the player isn't totally unreasonable.

I actually tried to get Deadtear unbanned but he still needs to register a character and he's said to me three times he can't be arsed to do it, so there it rests.

I've talked with a couple other banned players about their bans and generally they're crap, but one I was like "you really expected no consequences?"

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

I do love how you keep coming back to this weak sauce attempt at an own.

Fwiw, I robbed several nullsec banks with a few other members, and we got away with 160M. It was fun as hell, probably more fun than sitting on a gate or pummeling a structure for hours.

i'm still salty from that day you robbed my ess which coincided with the same day a goosefoot member lost a 1.6 billion hauler (an ishtar)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

i'm still salty from that day you robbed my ess which coincided with the same day a goosefoot member lost a 1.6 billion hauler (an ishtar)

What's that phrase? ISK negative is fun positive?

Dunno, friend, you seem pretty laser focused on things that just don't matter.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

it is extremely funny to me that gsf has turned into an alliance of lowsec-gate-camping zkill-obsessed freaks

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Rust Martialis posted:

My personal view is that they *should* review the bans automatically without people needing to ask, but I can see their stated view that it requires a first step by the player isn't totally unreasonable.

I actually tried to get Deadtear unbanned but he still needs to register a character and he's said to me three times he can't be arsed to do it, so there it rests.

I've talked with a couple other banned players about their bans and generally they're crap, but one I was like "you really expected no consequences?"

what kind of consequences generally go with being morally and factually correct, pray tell?

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

The hilarity around that Ishtar loss was probably the best entertainment I've gotten from eve, ever, and it involved solo drakban in a long range sniping megathron navy issue saving the day, so really y'all missed out.

Well worth a billion isk spaceman wardrobe. Long live the Siobhan memorial wardrobe.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

what kind of consequences generally go with being morally and factually correct, pray tell?

Giordano Bruno springs to mind.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

If you want some action join Goosefeet the corp that's killed 160m in the last week. Settling into the wormhole any second now.

unironically this

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I lost my first Retriever the day I bought it due to a combination of bad luck, complacency and poor communication. Did I cry for my precious zkillboard efficiency?

No, because the fun of this game is in taking risks and sometimes eating poo poo in funny and stupid ways.

How is it that I, with a two-month old character, understand that better than the apparently elite pvp squad members here?

Anyway, if you want to have fun and sometimes die hilariously, join Goosefleet.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Nobody cares about your killboard efficiency you dummies.

You have 160 people in corp with zero activity. Don't need to pretend you're playing eve, discord warriors.

X up if you male.
Y up if you female.
Z up if other / prefer not to tell.

Weirdos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
So who’s got a timer running and ready to hit stop when the new pubbie run version of goons implodes?

Also wtf is goosefleet? Like why the gently caress would you all name it goosefleet :facepalm:

The pubs have taken over.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

So who’s got a timer running and ready to hit stop when the new pubbie run version of goons implodes?

Also wtf is goosefleet? Like why the gently caress would you all name it goosefleet :facepalm:

The pubs have taken over.

Goosefleet are goons from toilet eve. Goonwaffe and goonswarm are pubbies now

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Nobody cares about your killboard efficiency you dummies.

You have 160 people in corp with zero activity. Don't need to pretend you're playing eve, discord warriors.

X up if you male.
Y up if you female.
Z up if other / prefer not to tell.

Weirdos.

Imagine gathering this much info on a corp you don't care about...

Cease to Hope posted:

complaining about a pronoun picker is kinda giving the game away lol

Yeah. Just lol

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 25, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
complaining about a pronoun picker is kinda giving the game away lol

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

Imagine gathering this much info on a corp you don't care about...

Yeah, I joined the discord during the time between the drama kicking off and Mittani stepping down to see if it'd be a reasonable replacement.

It's not.

Why do you need to know my gender?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Yeah, I joined the discord during the time between the drama kicking off and Mittani stepping down to see if it'd be a reasonable replacement.

It's not.

Oh so you joined before we found a hole and left before we found a hole.

Makes sense, you're dumb as hell lol.

Also: let-people-enjoy-thing.gif.

All this anger is gonna make you a miserable sad crying baby IRL eventually.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

It's not.

The option you're looking for is Z.

Not that complicated.

Anyway, go back to GSF. Sounds like a better fit.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Let people enjoy the thing unless they're not one of the 20 who left GSF in which case spam the gently caress out of the thread like a rabid dog if they post anything.

Feels kind of weird to me to force someone to identity their gender to some randoms on the internet, why do you need to know? Like if you have someone jump on voice comms is that the first question you ask too? What if they remain silent?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Let the GooseFleet, Groon, etc. play how they like, wtf is this "oooh you play Eve wrong" stupidity. I mean who gives a poo poo what they kill or how much they lose, when did GSF turn into a bunch of PL 'killboard green' tryhards? They're having fun.

If you like mainfleet stuff or nullsec krabbing or whatever, go do it. I loving loathe mainfleet, but I don't mock people who like it. This parade of nobodies popping in here to defend GSF's space honouuuure is idiotic. The people you're ineptly trying to mock have plenty of legitimate reasons for being less than utterly enraptured with the Imperium already without you idiots adding to it.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

You're having a full-on meltdown about people on Discord voluntarily sharing their pronouns. Why?

e:

lmao

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Optional pronoun roles are a nice feature for an inclusive gaming group.

DeathCab
Jan 7, 2006

Who poo poo in that person's Cheerios?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It was a optional emoji poll thing :lol:

They are complaining about an emoji poll that showed that goose contain most of the women in eve. Oh no how threatening.

triaxius
Mar 18, 2002

windex posted:

The hilarity around that Ishtar loss was probably the best entertainment I've gotten from eve, ever, and it involved solo drakban in a long range sniping megathron navy issue saving the day, so really y'all missed out.

Well worth a billion isk spaceman wardrobe. Long live the Siobhan memorial wardrobe.

I finally have the skills to play EVE they way I wanted to ten years ago, with my fits from ten years ago.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

triaxius posted:

I finally have the skills to play EVE they way I wanted to ten years ago, with my fits from ten years ago.

Same, only the nerfed resists and I can’t do level 4s in a short range shredder BS anymore, so I do level 3s instead.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

yea im gonna say it again too, im not going through that garbage just so i can call directors stupid as hell directly

Kaysette posted:

Optional pronoun roles are a nice feature for an inclusive gaming group.

slow mode can probably be turned off now, how am i supposed to double post but also this is from probably the biggest goon discord

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 25, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

How do people keep tilting at pronouns existing?

How? Why does this break so many brains?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Slow mode is off, you may fire when ready :blastu:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

How do people keep tilting at pronouns existing?

How? Why does this break so many brains?

They've plugged lovely reactionary media into their brain for most of their lives and just regurgitate memetic concepts without understanding them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kaysette posted:

Slow mode is off, you may fire when ready :blastu:

:thanks: