Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Bix has the stix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trying posted:

I like Bix but Bix is also a bit weird and associates with sketchy characters who turn out to be kinda fascist adjacent. Or maybe I dreamed that I just keep posting and don't really care if I get banned for slander I have a pile of books to get through

dunno what you mean, he certainly hasn't had a bunch of loving weirdos and psychos on his podcast as regular guest hosts before

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He hosed me

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

dunno what you mean, he certainly hasn't had a bunch of loving weirdos and psychos on his podcast as regular guest hosts before

So he... has done that? I don't follow wrestle podcasts.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/kiddbanditpro/status/1562868662016454660?s=20&t=8lKs55eUSg61_3nqVji9OA

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Bix needs to either log off his Tandy or give some evidence of Rosa being a bully.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

So he... has done that? I don't follow wrestle podcasts.

there once was a man named TheFreyMovement

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey Bix, eat my entire rear end in a top hat

You can actually source me on this statement instead of just throwing poo poo out there

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
wait we're anti-bix here now? i just hate how many tweets he starts with "WAIT........" i didn't know there were real reasons

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Bix is an incredibly good journalist, his work on the ringboy scandal is pretty significant. Good journalists are allowed to have bad opinions and friends, it happens. I don't know anything about Thunder Rosa being a bully to anyone except for Ivelisse who earned the pushback but she's had some incredibly awkward in-ring moments and really sloppy spots so idk, maybe there is something to it or maybe she's just extremely inconsistent and has just as many really good moments as really bad moments

If you want to bite the bait there's been several different instances of Thunder Rosa making people look bad in the ring beyond just a normal botched spot though. She seems like a lovely person but idk, I don't know her personally.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

actually now that i think about it starting a bunch of tweets like "WAIT......." is a very real reason to not like someone

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

mactheknife posted:

actually now that i think about it starting a bunch of tweets like "WAIT......." is a very real reason to not like someone
your previous post started with wait though.

I've seen Bix being a divisive figure in the wrestling community for a while but I just lump him with people like Meltzer who do very good reportage work and are still working out the kinks of interacting with other humans. Bix's still human, it isn't like he's saying harmful or bigoted things, just weird and dumb ones on occasion.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He should start his tweets with "Yo... Yo... Listen" instead

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bix is one of the lamest people associated with the wrestling world.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tampa Bae posted:

lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tampa Bae posted:

Bix is an incredibly good journalist, his work on the ringboy scandal is pretty significant. Good journalists are allowed to have bad opinions and friends, it happens. I don't know anything about Thunder Rosa being a bully to anyone except for Ivelisse who earned the pushback but she's had some incredibly awkward in-ring moments and really sloppy spots so idk, maybe there is something to it or maybe she's just extremely inconsistent and has just as many really good moments as really bad moments

If you want to bite the bait there's been several different instances of Thunder Rosa making people look bad in the ring beyond just a normal botched spot though. She seems like a lovely person but idk, I don't know her personally.

I take back nothing. My rear end in a top hat is always here.

Reporting on a topic is not what he's doing with that tweet on Thunder Rosa. He's got his own torch and pitchfork. Isn't the first time he's done it, he's certainly gone after plenty of others, but I don't think you get to call yourself a wrestling reporter while also continuing to stir poo poo and fanning flames.

"You're just annoyed he's doing this to Thunder Rosa," you might say. Yeah, probably. But no better time than now to step back and ask if his way of going about his business is the right way. I guess I'll just have to stick with stilted robot man Dave for a better resemblance to reporting news.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also accusing people of sandbagging is so dumb. No one is sandbagging on purpose. It either leads to the spot looking like poo poo which hurts both wrestlers or it leads to you hurting yourself. Why would anyone ever purposely sandbag.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Tampa Bae posted:

i deserve a probe tbh

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

The_Rob posted:

Also accusing people of sandbagging is so dumb. No one is sandbagging on purpose. It either leads to the spot looking like poo poo which hurts both wrestlers or it leads to you hurting yourself. Why would anyone ever purposely sandbag.
Bob Holly proved how stupid sandbagging someone on purpose was over a decade ago

Shinjobi posted:

I take back nothing. My rear end in a top hat is always here.

Reporting on a topic is not what he's doing with that tweet on Thunder Rosa. He's got his own torch and pitchfork. Isn't the first time he's done it, he's certainly gone after plenty of others, but I don't think you get to call yourself a wrestling reporter while also continuing to stir poo poo and fanning flames.

"You're just annoyed he's doing this to Thunder Rosa," you might say. Yeah, probably. But no better time than now to step back and ask if his way of going about his business is the right way. I guess I'll just have to stick with stilted robot man Dave for a better resemblance to reporting news.
I hate playing devil's advocate because it seems like I'm just being insincere to start a fight but there's still been more than one occasion where Thunder Rosa has made someone look bad, even if it was all entirely accidental, that there is ground to stand on with the accusation. I believe that she can rub people the wrong way too, you can be the nicest person in the world but there are still people who had one bad experience with a good person and at some point you've got to start playing the odds when there are four different women who have/had issues with Thunder Rosa in AEW while nobody's had anything bad to say about Riho, Nyla, Shida, or Britt Baker

Of course most of this is hearsay because as far as I know, none of us are in the women's locker room and I'm not saying that Rosa is a bad person

As far as Bix goes I just consider his opinions on Thunder Rosa an opinion piece, maybe he caught her at an airport at the wrong time and holds a grudge, idk. The world isn't black and white. Everyone has bad opinions on something

mactheknife posted:

i deserve a probe tbh
The discourse in the mod feedback thread will be longer than any probation so it's not worth it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's all get probed. Feel like I'm getting worked into a shoot by everything, brother

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tampa Bae posted:

Of course most of this is hearsay because as far as I know, none of us are in the women's locker room and I'm not saying that Rosa is a bad person

The thing is that all of this feels like he's just regurgitating hearsay, and it's not like he's going to name names to back his ridiculously heated tweets. So when you or I peddle in hearsay, we affect no one cause lol dead gay forum, not much outreach there.

For him to peddle in hearsay hits a little different. I don't buy that other women in the locker room haven't had issues--Rosa is not the first, nor the last woman to look clumsy and awkward in the ring at times. So what's different? Bix should probably back up their vitriol with some evidence cause it looks awful without.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Don’t know why so many people are so personally invested in keeping up the idea that Thunder Rosa can’t have done something wrong or that she might be lovely in one particular way. Who cares? You can still like them! Once a wrestler has been deemed to suck in one particular department (a minor one at that) it isn’t like you’re banned from enjoying their work.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The_Rob posted:

You would have to be incredibly stupid to sandbag an opponent. Luckily this is not a common trait amongst wrestlers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Don’t know why so many people are so personally invested in keeping up the idea that Thunder Rosa can’t have done something wrong or that she might be lovely in one particular way. Who cares? You can still like them! Once a wrestler has been deemed to suck in one particular department (a minor one at that) it isn’t like you’re banned from enjoying their work.

What forum are YOU reading my man

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Or posters, even. Who choose incorrectly between Punk and Mox. Same rules apply

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Can we maybe not pretend that in 2022, someone (especially a woman) getting a reputation for being difficult to work with can and almost always does affect their opportunities to earn a living? It's not about liking or not liking them.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NienNunb posted:

Dude this forum will turn on people for anything. Also there’s no actual evidence of anything and for a “journalist” to go out there and with no proof talk about how she’s a bully is silly.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Trying posted:

Or posters, even. Who choose incorrectly between Punk and Mox. Same rules apply

People who rooted for Punk to win are cheugy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If she sucks backstage I'd rather she not be a part of a division that is already struggling. If this is just gossiping high school drama I want the poo poo stirrer out.

For fucks sake, they get one match a show currently. Don't shoot the division in the foot with crap like this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You can throw out the stuff Ivelisse says about Rosa if you want, but there's now talk about Rosa being uncooperative with both Hayter and Shafir, and it leading to a minor injury for Hayter. Then you have the heat between Rosa and Britt and other rumors about Rosa dating back to the CA indies, and there's probably something there! I don't think it's quite as serious as some people say, but I don't think it's unfair for Bix to tweet that.

I do think it's slightly hypocritical because he has Beau James on his show and Beau James brags about teaching people lessons and taking liberties in the ring, but I don't think Bix is rumor mongering or saying something unfair about Rosa. There's a lot of stories out there.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can we maybe not pretend that in 2022, someone (especially a woman) getting a reputation for being difficult to work with can and almost always does affect their opportunities to earn a living? It's not about liking or not liking them.

This is a webforum.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Specifically, this is a webforum thread about twitter posts.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

karmicknight posted:

This is a webforum.

hosed up

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

You can throw out the stuff Ivelisse says about Rosa if you want, but there's now talk about Rosa being uncooperative with both Hayter and Shafir, and it leading to a minor injury for Hayter. Then you have the heat between Rosa and Britt and other rumors about Rosa dating back to the CA indies, and there's probably something there! I don't think it's quite as serious as some people say, but I don't think it's unfair for Bix to tweet that.

I only think it's unfair to tweet it unsourced or without references like you just did.

karmicknight posted:

This is a webforum.
I'm taking about Bix's platform.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Was Rosa hiding in a toilet like OC

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
But also the Shafir stuff seemed like it was a mistiming blown super out of proportion and ended with thunder apologizing to her anyway and then seemingly having worked it out.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it’s also, like, there’s definitely smoke around some of these stories but also standards seem to be inconsistently applied, which could be frustrating to some people. being unprofessional in a way consistent with the wrestling business for decades including on the TV show is cool but not in this way or that way by this person or that person depending on if they’re a big star or beloved by the fans. y’know. I dunno. just sp’ballin

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Tampa Bae posted:

Bob Holly proved how stupid sandbagging someone on purpose was over a decade ago

Pretty sure both Bob Holly and Brock have said it was a timing issue and not sandbagging that led to Bob's neck injury on the powerbomb

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Duke Pukem posted:

Pretty sure both Bob Holly and Brock have said it was a timing issue and not sandbagging that led to Bob's neck injury on the powerbomb

Bob Holly has definitely said he didn't sandbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

What I'm really learning is that paying your dues as a ten+ year veteran in NXT was the right choice to have to love of wrestling beaten out of you so you treat it like a job and not a lifestyle.