Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think that person may not actually have an uncle David who works at DavidProduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I have no idea who that is but she looks cool.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
David Production must include a Megan Three Stallion reference in SBR. There is no other option.

...I am now being informed it's Megan THEE Stallion. What the gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostmedia/comments/wsmz48/partially_lost_someone_is_claiming_that_they/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Somebody on Tiktok is claiming to have found the Phantom Blood movie in their university archive. Obviously, big grain of salt from Tiktok, but the footage we have DID come from a university.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostmedia/comments/wsmz48/partially_lost_someone_is_claiming_that_they/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Somebody on Tiktok is claiming to have found the Phantom Blood movie in their university archive. Obviously, big grain of salt from Tiktok, but the footage we have DID come from a university.

I watched a youtube video years ago about the phantom blood movie and there was someone in the comment section talking about going to taiwan because they thought they had a lead on the movie from a student/professor they knew

Nonzero chance this could be real

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Speaking of YouTube, I found this the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7rGUuzV-M

I cannot remember how this mystery was resolved in the manga, now that I think about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Good once it's found we can finally destroy it forever.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can't get over the fact that the Phantom Blood movie removed Speedwagon despite him being essential to the story

Imagine adapting Les Miserables and cutting out Cosette

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Speaking of YouTube, I found this the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7rGUuzV-M

I cannot remember how this mystery was resolved in the manga, now that I think about it.

Valentine did a convoluted magic act with D4C to put three people in one place and have them all shoot Johnny at once, because he’s an rear end in a top hat

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know if i'd call Johnny an rear end in a top hat. He's not that bad.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't know if i'd call Johnny an rear end in a top hat. He's not that bad.

I mean he did cut that one guy in line, that was pretty dickish

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Augus posted:

Valentine did a convoluted magic act with D4C to put three people in one place and have them all shoot Johnny at once, because he’s an rear end in a top hat

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The only stand user that is not an rear end in a top hat is Coco Jumbo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WrightOfWay posted:

It's assholish to not manifest a bathroom in your magic sitting room key.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder what happened to the Coco Jumbo clone.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wonder what happened to the Coco Jumbo clone.

Well obviously when Polnareff's body died and the Coco Jumbo clone was able to absorb the original Coco Jumbo's spirit until Chariot Requiem was defeated and Coco Jumbo could return to his original body :P

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

WrightOfWay posted:

Pocoloco is fine.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The sheer Tonio disrespect happening rn

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The sheer Tonio disrespect happening rn

Tonio hucked a knife at Josuke for entering his kitchen without washing his hands. He's an rear end in a top hat, just in the normal way all chefs are assholes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Asterite34 posted:

Tonio hucked a knife at Josuke for entering his kitchen without washing his hands.

Whomst among us

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

All stand users are assholes it's part of being a stand user

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Funky Valentine posted:

Good once it's found we can finally destroy it forever.

Araki has it in his will to be released only after his death, but he's an immortal vampire who ages in reverse sooooo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Asterite34 posted:

Tonio hucked a knife at Josuke for entering his kitchen without washing his hands. He's an rear end in a top hat, just in the normal way all chefs are assholes.

entering the kitchen without washing your hands is an rear end in a top hat move so really that was just a proportionate response

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ch. 8 of Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak is up

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how being injected with the flesh bud caused Kakyoin to pose.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

See here's your problem, you had the stone mask set to "evil"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dio with that mask on is just Char, isn't he.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

"I came to WRYYYYYYYYYYYY at you"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Angry_Ed posted:

See here's your problem, you had the stone mask set to "evil"

Funky Valentine posted:

Angry_Ed posted:

"I came to WRYYYYYYYYYYYY at you"
lmao

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Watching the anime now on Netflix. Loving this extravagant, ridiculous series. It's truly bizarre in all the right ways.

I love the refreshingly unique storytelling, at least what i've seen so far in Phantom Blood. Also love the rapid pace and short fights. It feels like an adventure more than a shounen!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bisse posted:

Watching the anime now on Netflix. Loving this extravagant, ridiculous series. It's truly bizarre in all the right ways.

I love the refreshingly unique storytelling, at least what i've seen so far in Phantom Blood. Also love the rapid pace and short fights. It feels like an adventure more than a shounen!

That's the best thing about it! Part 3 is probably the most shounen-y of them, probably due to it helping to define the genre

Unrelated part 9/Jojolands spoilers:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/kirabuckland/status/1564347052527476736?s=21&t=QjW1BxGItHIyVE7DgOoNuQ

:unsmith:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Oh poo poo i hadn't been paying attention but new episodes soon?? Nice

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is the next gap really 8 months?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hatty posted:

Is the next gap really 8 months?

Buys them more time for part 7 pre-production is my guess. Someone's gotta animate all the cg horses

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Posting my thoughts and reactions after each arc just for fun!

PART 1: PHANTOM BLOOD

Thoughts: My mind is blown, this is an awesome ride, can't wait for 8 more arcs of this bizarre creativity. Excellent way to start a series.

Favourite parts:
- "TRICKY BOY!!!!"
- Frog punch
- Actually just about every single scene with Baron Zeppelli
- "He kicked me so hard I flew 50 meters into the air, but not so hard that my potential family would suffer. What a gentleman!!!" *resigns from a life of crime*
- Awesome ending
- Dio is so awesome as a villain, oh my god, wow. His introduction makes you sympathize with him at first before you fully grasp the depths of his depravity, making his arc much more believable and human. It's a refreshingly unique set up and I love it.
- BUT IT WAS ME, DIIIOOOO!
- MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

lovely parts:
- Hamon is kind of meh but at least it has a refreshingly short, bizarre and to-the-point introduction.
- The Tarkus fight with the roof chains was a really uninteresting setup.
- Zombies were probably cooler 30 years ago when this was made.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The good news is that hamon is really only relevant for one more part, then becomes a total afterthought that’s only ever brought up again once.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I still wish hamon had stuck around in a minor role as a little joestar-only ace-up-the-sleeve

Bisse posted:

- "He kicked me so hard I flew 50 meters into the air, but not so hard that my potential family would suffer. What a gentleman!!!" *resigns from a life of crime*
- Awesome ending
- Dio is so awesome as a villain, oh my god, wow. His introduction makes you sympathize with him at first before you fully grasp the depths of his depravity, making his arc much more believable and human. It's a refreshingly unique set up and I love it.
hell yes to your whole post but especially these.

Part 1 was sort of hard for me to get through the first time around, but since then and on subsequent re-viewings (and re-readings) it's really grown on me and it's one of my favorites now.

I'm excited for you to meet Joseph now in part 2, or as I like to think of him, the best jojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a general point of reference to keep in mind is that the series is like 35+ years old by now and some aspects of it actually WERE kind of novel back then when it was pretty new. other things that followed likely borrowed inspiration in some way and might make the original seem dated in comparison. hell, parts 7 and 8 have taken place across such a large chunk of time that anything from 1-6 is fairly old at this point.