Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Eiba posted:

I'm pretty sure he got a bit of a boost by partnering with an Emperor and using his underworld connections to finance hits on the Navy. It wouldn't be that high if he was just a guy with a strong ability.

Enel would only get a crazy bounty if he did something really destabilizing to the World Government, like getting people to believe he was God and declaring a religious war against the Celestial Dragons.

Enel would be a target of the World Government because he's learning the secret history of the lunarians in those moon ruins :v:

Also he would probably just fly to Marie Jois and start throwing lightning bolts at celestial dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plutonis posted:

BTW I wonder if Croc and Mr. 1 finally learned to use Haki during the timeskip since that iirc was what stopped him from going into the New World

Croc always knew Haki. He dropped out of the New World cause he lost to Whitebeard.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mraagvpeine posted:

Remember that one SBS that said that if Crocodile's bounty wasn't frozen it'd be double? HA

Also, I wonder how many billions Enel would be worth if he were in this part of the story.

Enel would be worth about 500 million it's stated.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

MonsterEnvy posted:

Enel would be worth about 500 million it's stated.

That was Enel when he was just a guy with a top-tier Logia and a born Mantra wunderkind. Enel with a moon robot army and Uranus, though...

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 28, 2022

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/EatingCerealNow/status/1561490226463518720?s=20&t=Wl7s-k7JMvSVJvUx73DXoA

this doesn't make much sense, brook was 38 when he died on the triangle and is 90 now, but perospero is 50...?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Terper posted:

Technically Buggy could be able to avoid even blunt damage if he was good enough with his fruit. Get good enough at splitting and he could avoid damage like Crocodile, but without the water weakness.[/spoiler

However,

Buggy is a logia whose element is Buggy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Plebian Parasite posted:

Buggy is a logia whose element is Buggy

Human Human Fruit Model Pierrot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plutonis posted:

https://twitter.com/EatingCerealNow/status/1561490226463518720?s=20&t=Wl7s-k7JMvSVJvUx73DXoA

this doesn't make much sense, brook was 38 when he died on the triangle and is 90 now, but perospero is 50...?

he also didnt seem to recognize her. even if you figure she wasnt going under the name big mom back then, im pretty sure the name 'charlotte linlin' is spoken in brooks presence a few times. unless he smashed and passed without even knowing her name back then? which i guess isnt impossible but still feels a bit strange.

assuming its a case where oda liked the idea and didnt really think it through beyond that. if this had been an idea added before wano it would have been interesting to see it played with but i dont really see a way this can be looped into the actual story at this juncture so it just feels kinda random.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 28, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Big Mom was 18 when she had her first child too..

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The end of fishman island is so rad now that Luffy has done every thing he said he would along with what Jimbei said would be most convenient

Oh yeah the loving treasure is boonytrapped too hahah

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 28, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kild posted:

Big Mom was 18 when she had her first child too..
yeah, and she's 68 now. brook was lost at sea *52* years ago, not 50. shed have to be 70 and persopero would have to be 52 for this to work. i think oda forgot the timeskip happened.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

yeah, and she's 68 now. brook was lost at sea *52* years ago, not 50. shed have to be 70 and persopero would have to be 52 for this to work. i think oda forgot the timeskip happened.

I'm just saying I'd rather not Brook being in his 30s hooking up with a 17 year old

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kild posted:

I'm just saying I'd rather not Brook being in his 30s hooking up with a 17 year old
Oh, yeah, that element is there too. Possible that she was 18 both when he hooked up with her and when she had Perospero, but still weird even in that scenario, especially since as mentioned the timeline would kinda demand him to just leave immediately and not say a word to her. But, well, Pudding and Shirahoshi are both 16 and Brook macks on them both (and Pudding is still basically Sanji's love interest, strong odds the series ending has a shot of them together in the 'where everyone wound up' deal). Thaaaaat's Oda.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
not to deny any of oda's more official skeevy poo poo but i feel like this sbs answer was thought of for less than 5 seconds on the basis of 'this fan theory made me laugh when i read it' and then forgotten

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
mostly that's my reaction to trying to work it into the story logically because theres zero chance it comes up again lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Perospero is dead so this will never come up

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Kaidou is Katakuri's dad. No I will not be accepting criticism.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I think that twitter person is just lying. The crappy photo they attached is from SBS 96 when Oda was asked to draw a personification of Brook's sword, and their account was created just to make that tweet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gruckles posted:

I think that twitter person is just lying. The crappy photo they attached is from SBS 96 when Oda was asked to draw a personification of Brook's sword, and their account was created just to make that tweet.

Lmao if this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait

lmao you're right

i didnt even look at the jp and the image because who the hell wants to spread fake theories about perospero

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
its the original theorist, gone mad with desperation

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
fan theories not even once

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the world must know of my brook x big mom fanfiction

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

hatty posted:

Perospero is dead

I don’t believe you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Actually wait were any other Big Mom pirates at the raid or was it only Perospero?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its true Pedro blew himself up, Persopero was innocent, and Cat Viper should be tried and executed for manslaughter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Actually wait were any other Big Mom pirates at the raid or was it only Perospero?
i think perospero told everyone to stay on the boat while he checked things out, and then as soon as he got there the raid was already happening so no time to go back and round up the family

a lot of the big hitters like katakuri and cracker were still recovering from the whole cake arc, though, so not sure how much difference the awe inspiring might of daifuku would have made

actually daifuku was kind of giving sanji the business so maybe that would have helped

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Now I'm even madder we didn't get a proper Brook fight during Wano. There could have been a tragic reverse Bael the Bard situation, where he unknowingly slew his own son on the battlefield.

fake fan theories are fake. Brook should have fought his real son - Scratchman Apoo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yo-ho-ho~

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Now I'm even madder we didn't get a proper Brook fight during Wano. There could have been a tragic reverse Bael the Bard situation, where he unknowingly slew his own son on the battlefield.

fake fan theories are fake. Brook should have fought his real son - Scratchman Apoo

Apoo can't really do much to someone with no ears.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Brook's been deaf this whole time because obviously he is but he understands everyone perfectly because he's excellent at lip reading

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if brook has a son its aokijis dad

anime was right fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 28, 2022

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Endorph posted:

i think perospero told everyone to stay on the boat while he checked things out, and then as soon as he got there the raid was already happening so no time to go back and round up the family

a lot of the big hitters like katakuri and cracker were still recovering from the whole cake arc, though, so not sure how much difference the awe inspiring might of daifuku would have made

actually daifuku was kind of giving sanji the business so maybe that would have helped

The Big Mom pirates were coming up the waterfall a second time when Marco knocked them off. The only reason Perospero got to the raid was due to using his candy wave.

According to the One Piece wiki, the last time they were mentioned was by Big News Morgan when he said they cut off the Cipher Pol transmission by encountering them (which I completely missed). So they were still in the area around Wano and would be able to retrieve Big Mom/Perospero if they found them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was already sad that we didn't get a Brook/Apoo fight in Wano, but now I'm mad because the ridiculous circuitous path we would have gone through to have Brook double over in pain from Apoo's attacks only to go,"But of course.... I don't have any ears! :yohoho:" and then slash him would have been amazing.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

RuBisCO posted:

Brook's been deaf this whole time because obviously he is but he understands everyone perfectly because he's excellent at lip reading
It's tragic. Like Beethoven. One Piece is deep.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

RuBisCO posted:

Impossible, without any flesh blocking his inner ear bones, he surely hears the greatest of all the Straw Hats :yohoho:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I hate myself, because I got to beheaded Buggy and literally took 5 minutes trying to figure out how he was still alive while looking at the picture trying to figure out what I was missing.

Then I remembered his devil fruit

Endorph posted:

the world must know of my brook x big mom fanfiction

It's like that one R Kelly song

Age Ain't Nothing But a Number
When You're in International Water

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Gyges posted:

I hate myself, because I got to beheaded Buggy and literally took 5 minutes trying to figure out how he was still alive while looking at the picture trying to figure out what I was missing.

Then I remembered his devil fruit

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Chappy is officially out. lol at Galdino's "SAN!!" sound effect :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild