Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Black August posted:

I swear to God that Black Frieza's color scheme had better be a black/gray exterior with his organic gem things being gold. But then, they probably want to keep the Destruction theme, so I'm guessing black and purple.

The various fan colorings/art I have seen of Black Frieza have him looking much better than the manga panels, toning down the black and adding gray to the white, as well as adding purple to his orb things. Also, in the reveal panel, he seems a bit off-model with how big the lower part of his face is. It seems like he's looking up, and yet he's facing the camera.

So, I think it looks fine. Ultra Ego also had a really goofy reveal for some reason but it looks fine later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Let's start an argument today: what is canon? The movie? The manga? Or the anime?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

canon is whatever gets us to the arc where piccolo renews his driver's license. everything else is side content

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Covok posted:

Let's start an argument today: what is canon? The movie? The manga? Or the anime?

Speal Beam is a pretty Canon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Covok posted:

Yes

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Covok posted:

Perhaps

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Which movies?

Dead Zone? Hell yeah

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

If a guy made it through his life named Robin, I think his daughter could handle something like Videl. Heck, it's close enough to a formerly posh hair stylist name. Most people probably wouldn't even realize it's from DB.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, out of all the names in Dragon Ball that’s probably the most normal sounding one you could pick

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Skeleton Mom posted:

canon is whatever gets us to the arc where piccolo renews his driver's license. everything else is side content

Can’t renew what you never got in the first place

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I've met at least four people with worse names IRL

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
It'd be funny if Goku & Vegeta head back to Beerus' planet and find Frieza there having bought off Beerus' with a smorgasbord of treats from across the universe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Covok posted:

All 3

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Covok posted:

whatever Toriyama manages to remember at any given moment

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Lamebot posted:

It'd be funny if Goku & Vegeta head back to Beerus' planet and find Frieza there having bought off Beerus' with a smorgasbord of treats from across the universe.

I still feel like an upcoming plot is Beerus being an rear end and saying that since these two don’t want the Destroyer job, someone who is stronger than they are does

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that would have storytelling momentum, which the last two arcs didn’t eeem interested in

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're talking about the next movie obviously

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Saw Super hero. It was like they slightly condensed a mini arc in the anime and it rules. Shockingly great animation. The shift to 3d actually was a boon because they had to slow down fights just a little so there's a lot more choreography in fights and less teleport punch flurry stuff. lot of amazing character bits. Overall enjoyed it even more than Broly. I'm glad super has leaned into the goof goof bullshit of original Dragon Ball.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

checksin posted:

Can’t renew what you never got in the first place

i like to think he got it by himself off screen. piccolo could do it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Someone hasn't watched the new movie.

Shameful.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Lamebot posted:

Frieza even snuck Beerus something from Earth! A tasty can of...

*checks notes*

"surströmming"?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Someone hasn't watched the new movie.

Shameful.

I've yet to watch it, but I'll make amends by naming my first born either Android 18 if girl or 17 if boy. If they decide they're non-binary they can rename to 19.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

iamsosmrt posted:

I've yet to watch it, but I'll make amends by naming my first born either Android 18 if girl or 17 if boy. If they decide they're non-binary they can rename to 19.

Ok but after the movie you will want to name them Piccolo.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Covok posted:

was gonna make a deeznutz joke but nah

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

Congrats!:unsmith:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

iamsosmrt posted:

I actually know someone irl named Lazuli, though that was more 'new age hippy crystals' influencing the decision, not anime.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

just watched super hero

very good, piccolo tries to be a good grandpa, though i question his judgement sometimes

he is at least there though

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

iamsosmrt posted:

I always felt sorry for Android 19, Gero could have made him look like anything but decided that weird clown was the perfect choice.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Lamebot posted:

I wonder if the manga is subtly side stepping power levels by keeping things ambiguous with how strong Beerus is and making it down to skill/abilities like with all the ultra instinct/ego poo poo.

Like the logic of the "strongest in the universe" (except for anyone in some weird pocket dimension), would imply stronger than Beerus too.

I mean typical power level creep would have put Goku and Vegeta ahead of Beerus after they went SSJB or whatever. Never mind the other transformations after that.

Unless this whole other dimension thing is a way of copping out and it'll be revealed that Beerus' planet is actually in another dimension technically or something.

The whole power dynamic of the series changes if Frieza now dwarves Beerus.

Was it the anime or Manga where Frieza survived destruction power or whatever it's called?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kin posted:

I wonder if the manga is subtly side stepping power levels by keeping things ambiguous with how strong Beerus is and making it down to skill/abilities like with all the ultra instinct/ego poo poo.

Like the logic of the "strongest in the universe" (except for anyone in some weird pocket dimension), would imply stronger than Beerus too.

I mean typical power level creep would have put Goku and Vegeta ahead of Beerus after they went SSJB or whatever. Never mind the other transformations after that.

Unless this whole other dimension thing is a way of copping out and it'll be revealed that Beerus' planet is actually in another dimension technically or something.

The whole power dynamic of the series changes if Frieza now dwarves Beerus.

Was it the anime or Manga where Frieza survived destruction power or whatever it's called?

The 2 balls dragon specifically said "strongest apart from the gods".

A switch to techniques, skills and quirky fighting styles instead of pure punch power is undeniably a good thing tho.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 29, 2022

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

A switch to techniques, skills and quirky fighting styles instead of pure punch power is undeniably a good thing tho.

It would be, if they ever actually did that - neither of the movies do it, and the manga continually goes out of its way to poo poo on anything resembling progress.

Kin posted:

I don't remember if it happened in the manga but it definitely happened in the anime, once before the tournament of power (when some grunt from another universe tried to assassinate him with destruction energy) and again towards the end (when Toppo became a god of destruction).

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 29, 2022

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't remember if it happened in the manga but it definitely happened in the anime, once before the tournament of power (when some grunt from another universe tried to assassinate him with destruction energy) and again towards the end (when Toppo became a god of destruction).

The dog assassin threw destruction energy at Freeza who just took it and then revealed he can easily handle that poo poo, he then threw it at Goku who would have died without Beerus coming in to save him.

It was a pretty cool scene.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
https://i.imgur.com/gR5tMM9.mp4

I thought this was a cool little animation. It's still hilarious that Ultra Ego requires Vegeta to get clowned on by design

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
that Ultra Ego vegeta actually looks sick, why do i intuitively believe he could eat a kamehameha

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nice animation but I hate those faces

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's cool Dragon Ball is leading to these cool fight animations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Half of Dracula posted:

that Ultra Ego vegeta actually looks sick, why do i intuitively believe he could eat a kamehameha

I mean he could, he just wouldn’t get up.

But don’t worry that’s working as designed

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he could, he just wouldn’t get up.

But don’t worry that’s working as designed

Literally

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Covok posted:

For any given conversation?
Whatever it is you're talking about.

The True Canon?
The napkins Toriyama took notes on that he then gave to the anime and manga people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

About to see Super Hero in an empty theater, I can pretend to be like them rich folks in their ultraliving rooms