Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Black August posted:

About to see Super Hero in an empty theater, I can pretend to be like them rich folks in their ultraliving rooms

i saw it in an empty theater, too. felt very decadent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Slightly Absurd posted:

i saw it in an empty theater, too. felt very decadent

It was. Fun with legs up seating and all those freedoms to hoot and holler, plus it was subbed. Just a real fun summer movie. Looking forward to all the what-ifs now graciously funded to YouTube fanfic stars.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Black August posted:

Looking forward to all the what-ifs now graciously funded to YouTube fanfic stars.

They good ain't they?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Cell got the kill there. He was going to self-destruct and Goku teleported him away so only the two of them (and King Kai) died.

This Gregory and Bubbles erasure is pretty gross

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Machai posted:

This Gregory and Bubbles erasure is pretty gross

Bubbles is valid, Gregory doesn't exist

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Goku should've teleported to the moon. Not like they haven't blown it up a few times already

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

iamsosmrt posted:

Goku should've teleported to the moon. Not like they haven't blown it up a few times already

Goku needs somebody's Ki to lock on to. :goonsay:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zedd posted:

Goku needs somebody's Ki to lock on to. :goonsay:

King Carrot is right there

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

King Carrot is right there

He got sent into space after Jackie Chun blew up the Moon, so we can't be sure if he was back by that time, or hell, if he wasn't sent flying again after Piccolo pulled that same stunt. Due to the Super manga, we know he came back eventually but it's unclear when.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

He got sent into space after Jackie Chun blew up the Moon, so we can't be sure if he was back by that time, or hell, if he wasn't sent flying again after Piccolo pulled that same stunt. Due to the Super manga, we know he came back eventually but it's unclear when.

All I am reading here is someone underestimating King Carrot's power.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ImpAtom posted:

All I am reading here is someone underestimating King Carrot's power.

King Carrot was one of the "other strong fighters" that made Cell so strong.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pi
cco
lo

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

projecthalaxy posted:

King Carrot was one of the "other strong fighters" that made Cell so strong.

Wanna see the horror that emerges from Buu absorbing Arale.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Somehow you'd just end up with Majin Puu

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Judge Tesla posted:

Wanna see the horror that emerges from Buu absorbing Arale.

A friendly cosmic being that warps the rules of reality while playing games, Majin Nation

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shed give him heartburn and hed spit her right back up.

Arale would then ask buu to do it again

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

feetnotes posted:

Somehow you'd just end up with Majin Puu

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Shed give him heartburn and hed spit her right back up.

Arale would then ask buu to do it again

Sounds about right.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Saw the movie. It owned.
Cell Max felt like he could’ve been ripped straight out of one of the C-tier Z movies and Gohan Blanco’s hair looked very dumb lol. Otherwise movie was a lot of fun, had lots of great jokes and great action. A+ Piccolo and Gohan content, Pan stuff was super cute. Cell Max’s beatdown of Piccolo was surprisingly brutal compared to what I’ve come to expect from Super. The Gammas were great and Ian Sinclair was in peak form as Whis.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This game will just not die, huh? Now it's Super Hero DLC for XV2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsEoce6Ovt8

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Isn't XV3 in development? What's even going to be left for that game?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Electric Phantasm posted:

Moro, the Heeters, Granolah and Black Freeza probably.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A different selection of the same characters returning as DLC.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Different game balance, I guess?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lots of Heroes stuff if they want to go there, classic DB, manga-only stuff, minor characters that aren't in the game already but could be...Dragon Ball is big, and the only game that was genuinely close to "complete" in the history of the franchise was Budokai Tenkaichi 3, where it was significantly smaller. Also rebalances to the avatar system, with the new stuff, every race that needs it (not Saiyans) except Majins could get a new transformation (Orange for Namekians, Black for Freezas, and you can justify Beast for Earthlings since Gohan specifically didn't want to grow as a Saiyan), while having Ultra Instinct (and Sign?) and Ego as generic transformations for all races.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaze Dragon posted:

Lots of Heroes stuff if they want to go there, classic DB, manga-only stuff, minor characters that aren't in the game already but could be...Dragon Ball is big, and the only game that was genuinely close to "complete" in the history of the franchise was Budokai Tenkaichi 3, where it was significantly smaller. Also rebalances to the avatar system, with the new stuff, every race that needs it (not Saiyans) except Majins could get a new transformation (Orange for Namekians, Black for Freezas, and you can justify Beast for Earthlings since Gohan specifically didn't want to grow as a Saiyan), while having Ultra Instinct (and Sign?) and Ego as generic transformations for all races.

Which reminds me, found out about a fan project for a Budokai Tenkaichi 4 that's being done through modifying BT3, unfortunately while the fact that they're doing this at all is impressive the results are actually pretty lame since in order to put in any new characters/transformations they have to overwrite existing characters to do so

It's a shame really cause a proper BT4 that included truly everyone would be amazing, but then I'm one of those weirdos who has wanted goons like the Bio Warriors or the Spice Boys to be playable in a Dragon Ball game(that isn't card or gacha based) for most of my life

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Xenoverse three won’t really be sold on what characters are in it. More what improvements they make.

Kind of like Madden really just less frequent

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I need at least 31 distinct gokus on the goku selection wheel or no buy

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Xenoverse three won’t really be sold on what characters are in it. More what improvements they make.

Kind of like Madden really just less frequent

Which is odd because outside of expanding the roster the only thing I can think to really improve is finally properly implement transformations for characters who have ones more complicated than the basic Super Saiyan type ones, and maybe make energy charging a universal ability instead of one that has to be equipped

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

drrockso20 posted:

Which is odd because outside of expanding the roster the only thing I can think to really improve is finally properly implement transformations for characters who have ones more complicated than the basic Super Saiyan type ones, and maybe make energy charging a universal ability instead of one that has to be equipped

Marginal improvements are also madden as gently caress

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
drat I wonder who the other two upcoming DLC characters after the Gammas could be....

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

drat I wonder who the other two upcoming DLC characters after the Gammas could be....

You ain't ready for the pain train Carmine and Chummy Red Ribbon grunt are gonna bring into the Xenoverse!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How's Kakarot as a game, anyway, compared to Xenoverse? I know it's a single-player open-world RPG where you play as Goku rather than a mission-based online-heavy game where you build your own customised character, but apart from that.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

How's Kakarot as a game, anyway, compared to Xenoverse? I know it's a single-player open-world RPG where you play as Goku rather than a mission-based online-heavy game where you build your own customised character, but apart from that.

When I tried it I found the controls to be unusably terrible

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I brought it recently and haven't spent much time on it yet but the first thing you do after a tutorial fight is spend like 30 mins with Gohan and Chi Chi doing some chores and helping prepare dinner. So it might just be the best DBZ game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

It plays better as a single player game because it isn't designed for multiplayer but you will be spending a lot of time doing non-fighting stuff.

Also you kinda play as everyone. The "Kakarot" name is kind of inexplicable.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kakarot has Tao Pai Pai's pillar so it has that going for it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kakarot has Tao Pai Pai's pillar so it has that going for it.

So does Xenoverse!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Can you fish in Xenoverse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Can you fish in Xenoverse?

I haven't touched the game in years I can only assume at this point you can do anything.