Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Crocodiles secret is he has a tiny penis and Ivankov saw it

i think ivankov could fix that also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

i think ivankov could fix that also

Come to think of it, Ivankov is yet another of the characters with Devil Fruits that make them effectively better doctors than Chopper.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

Silver2195 posted:

Come to think of it, Ivankov is yet another of the characters with Devil Fruits that make them effectively better doctors than Chopper.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well it's pretty obvious who will cure Luffy's incurable disease that Roger died from.

That's right, Law.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
laws going to transfer it into chopper

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mihawk's mini-boat might have seastone, letting him go over the calm belt, is the boring answer.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

ThingOne posted:

Ivankov threatened to reveal some secret he knew about Crocodile during Impel Down. Which, now that I think about it, would mean he was threatening to out Crocodile :yikes:
If the theory is right, I'd have to assume Ivankov was bluffing. Crocodile may be insecure about it, and Ivankov was exploiting that insecurity, but if push came to shove he wouldn't make good on that threat.

Not sure how much better that makes it, but I agree that it would seem out of character for Ivankov to actually hurt someone in that way. It might be in character for Ivankov to make someone sweat about it though, especially someone like Crocodile.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Given these facts, it’s pretty obvious that Croc had a nose job that went horribly wrong, but gave him that cool scar. Croc is embarrassed so he tells people a cool story about getting it while fighting Whitebeard, but Iva was one of the nurses so he knows the truth. Croc later got it fixed by better doctors but he’s still ashamed.

Croc's original nose looked like a red ball, the kind a clown of the sea might have..... :aaa:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

skipmyseashells posted:

Iva was the only person to fight Magellan and get away, real stepper

tbf Ivankov was bodied by Magellan, just managed to recover and get away

Which technically every named character who fought Magellan did :v:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Aprops of nothing, "Crocodile One Piece Woman" is like #4 on google search recommendations. :lol:

It might also be worth noting that there is official art of Croc as a lady that Oda drew as like an SBS joke or something. Looks a bit like Izou honestly, just with a big-rear end scar across their face.

Eiba posted:

If the theory is right, I'd have to assume Ivankov was bluffing. Crocodile may be insecure about it, and Ivankov was exploiting that insecurity, but if push came to shove he wouldn't make good on that threat.

Not sure how much better that makes it, but I agree that it would seem out of character for Ivankov to actually hurt someone in that way. It might be in character for Ivankov to make someone sweat about it though, especially someone like Crocodile.

My crackpot take on this crackpot theory is that they changed their gender for some entirely pragmatic or petty reason and don't really see it as anything more than a disguise or something. The real secret is why they decided to do something like that at all - maybe he was running from the WG or maybe he was pulling a Buggy and trying to weasel their way out of a deal gone bad.

I'm also not sure how much better that would make it but its something at least. Break week makes me think about this poo poo way more than I probably should.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 3, 2022

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

My crackpot take on this crackpot theory is that they changed their gender for some entirely pragmatic or petty reason and don't really see it as anything more than a disguise or something. The real secret is why they decided to do something like that at all - maybe he was running from the WG or maybe he was pulling a Buggy and trying to weasel their way out of a deal gone bad.

I'm also not sure how much better that would make it but its something at least.
Oh, like Crocodile is secretly a princess running from his family's influence, and it's the identity, not the gender, that Crocodile is worried about and Ivankov is threatening?

Yeah, I could see that. That would be good. It'd have to be something big he was running from, not something petty at this point. I don't think he'd be worried about a bad business deal now that he has this much power and influence.

I don't know how likely any of this is, but if it were true I'd like it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Here's a fun observation - both Luffy and Garp have big scars under their eyes. People have noted that Dragon has a tattoo on his face that kind of fills that pattern.

But as long as we're talking about it, Crocodile also has a big scar under his eyes. And Garp says Dragon is Luffy's father - as far as I'm aware, Garp himself never says that Dragon is his son.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crocodile and Dragon met at Roger's execution, really hit it off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We literally see Luffy get his scar in chapter 1, it's not hereditary.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Funky Valentine posted:

Crocodile and Dragon met at Roger's execution, really hit it off.

Crocodile is notably only depicted from behind at Roger's execution.

Waffleman_ posted:

We literally see Luffy get his scar in chapter 1, it's not hereditary.

...I mean, fuckin' duh, but like, symbolism,

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It would be weird for Luffy to be Dragon's son but for Dragon not to be Garp's son seeing as Luffy is the spitting image of young Garp if he was less ripped (Garp and Dragon do have a very passing resemblance though, mostly in the brow.)

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Clearly the secret is that croc is Luffy's Dad and dragon is his mom.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

It would be weird for Luffy to be Dragon's son but for Dragon not to be Garp's son seeing as Luffy is the spitting image of young Garp if he was less ripped (Garp and Dragon do have a very passing resemblance though, mostly in the brow.)

What I was implying was that maybe Crocodile was Garp's kid, and Dragon is Garp's son-in-law, in the context of this crazy theory.

It's fun to think about!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Clearly there is no secret at all and It was justa a throwaway excuse created by Oda to male Crocodile behave and it will never be used again.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Crocodile's real name is Alligator and he is super ashamed

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Funky Valentine posted:

There's a theory that Dragon isn't actually Garp's son but his son-in-law and just took his wife's family name. The main hints are that Garp himself has never referred to Dragon as his son, only describing Luffy as "The Son of my Kid" in a way that kinda deliberately makes it unclear which parent he's talking about. Other people have said it but it's always in a "Wait if Luffy is Garp's grandson and Dragon's son then that must mean...." kinda way. Also there's that time Luffy saw a picture of Dragon for the first time and his first reaction was to point out how they don't look anything alike.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

YggdrasilTM posted:

Clearly there is no secret at all and It was justa a throwaway excuse created by Oda to male Crocodile

Yeah, exactly!

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Croc was just really short and Ivankov made him taller.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I mean, if we're talking Ivankov. Do recall one of Ivankov's attacks is a forced gender change (admittedly one that makes the victims happy). I don't wholly buy Ivankov would not threaten someone with such a secret.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The secret is that Croc was born with one of those bananas on his head like the Gators in Arabasta had, and is really self-conscious about it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rody One Half posted:

Mihawk's mini-boat might have seastone, letting him go over the calm belt, is the boring answer.

It's actually a semi-submersible, where the coffin is the only part above the water. Below is a fairly large ship crewed by the mandrills from his island. It can cross the calm belt with ease because Mihawk is on board and none of the shrimp sea kings there can handle him.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Gyges posted:

It's actually a semi-submersible, where the coffin is the only part above the water. Below is a fairly large ship crewed by the mandrills from his island. It can cross the calm belt with ease because Mihawk is on board and none of the shrimp sea kings there can handle him.

I was about to say myself that Mihawk could just cleave any sea king that tried to stop him

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
crocodile's big embarrassing secret was this

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Losing to the strongest man in the world and the closest thing the pirate king had to a peer, how embarrassing

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
thats one my favorite little interactions, especially whitebeard's thoughts afterward

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Ryaomon posted:

crocodile's big embarrassing secret was this

Croc pwns I hope he wins the one piece

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
crocodiles secret is he thinks digimon is better than pokemon

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
hes right

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Crocodile’s secret is that he also used to look like Sanji’s wanted poster

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dveYAx2y1kc

smh at 2/3 of their choices for admirals.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I feel like a Marines run by Fujitora would not allow Caesar or Rob Lucci within ten miles of any position of power.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/PhoenixParade/status/1565836720595156995

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Caesar's a good guy

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

mabels big day posted:

Caesar's a good guy