Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

gag do ants like chocolate? mods please answer me.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am sure they eat it sometimes but the real question i have is do they enjoy it

xcheopis

The ant-chocolate question is Very! Important!
BUT.
What is the cutest hamster thing you can imagine? Sorry, you're wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

https://twitter.com/raxkingisdead/status/1565861270687023105

Driving down the continent with a pistol in her lap
Followed by a handsome man who says his name is Jack

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

The ant-chocolate question is Very! Important!
BUT.
What is the cutest hamster thing you can imagine? Sorry, you're wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

https://twitter.com/raxkingisdead/status/1565861270687023105

:vince:

ah shoot i guess i should stop reflexively using that smiley. dang.

Trying

this naan tastes like pancakes. Conjecture: all foods are secretly the same

B33rChiller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP7JgvqdYDs
Da fish and snails are pumping out babies, and they all seem to be growing well.
With bonus zinnias

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Trying

B33rChiller posted:

Da fish and snails are pumping out babies, and they all seem to be growing well.
With bonus zinnias
Cool snails. The fish are alright

B33rChiller

Just stepped out to find a raccoon sat chest deep in the tub, and my cat just chilling on the patio, watching g!

Dr. Honked posted:

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

Are we all in agreement that 'Money for Nothing' has one of the greatest opening riffs in the history of things?

it's pretty great, firmly :agreed:

also getting sting to do some of your backing vocal tracks is a pretty good get, doubly so for blocky 3d animated sting

ty nesamdoom!

Trying

My initial experience of Dire Straits was the parody cameo of their primitive CGI avatars in the children's show "ReBoot"

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps

hello friend

god drat IT

byob. byob rhymes with free. i loving WHIFFED it

i accept my comedy sixer with an open heart
(please probe me for at least six hours i can not believe i hosed up this bad. god drat it.)

SURE CLICKS AND CHICKS RHYME BUT gently caress i hosed up.

xcheopis

lol
byob doesn't scan as well, though
clicks for cheese?
clicks for bees!

xcheopis

B33rChiller posted:

Just stepped out to find a raccoon sat chest deep in the tub, and my cat just chilling on the patio, watching g!

Hot tub? Bath tub? Bath tub outside????

Trying

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

lol
byob doesn't scan as well, though
clicks for cheese?
clicks for bees!

not my best work, (a category i place basically everything i've ever done in).

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

You feel alright when you hear that music ring

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Ohtori Akio
saoshyant i have something to say. your avatar is lovely

B33rChiller

xcheopis posted:

Hot tub? Bath tub? Bath tub outside????

This tub

B33rChiller posted:

With bonus zinnias

This is the earliest I've caught one in there. They usually come around at night.https://youtu.be/2oJOsL0ctQM

Dr. Honked posted:

Saoshyant

Ohtori Akio posted:

saoshyant i have something to say. your avatar is lovely

Aw, thanks! Edea Lee's been my spiritual person for many a year since she and I basically spend all day Mrgrgr'ing life events around us.

xcheopis

B33rChiller posted:

This tub

This is the earliest I've caught one in there. They usually come around at night.https://youtu.be/2oJOsL0ctQM

Ah, that's an entire tub! Didn't show up as well on my phone d'oh!
They're trying to steal your water friends!

Ohtori Akio

Saoshyant posted:

Aw, thanks! Edea Lee's been my spiritual person for many a year since she and I basically spend all day Mrgrgr'ing life events around us.

in your opinion, is the game worth playing or possible to play, if one does not own a home console system

Saoshyant

Ohtori Akio posted:

in your opinion, is the game worth playing or possible to play, if one does not own a home console system

Bravely Default? Depends. It's a great little JRPG that is a homage to old SNES Final Fantasy games, while having a ton of modern QoL options and a really fun battle/class system. It may not to do anything for you however if you have never tried/enjoyed a classic JRPG. The story has a great ending twist plus fun characters in Edea and Ringabell.

It's a 3DS game but those can be emulated these days on most computers with Citra. I personally can only play JRPGs on handheld devices; I like to pick them like books during work commute: play a bit, turn it off, resume at a later point.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Ohtori Akio

Saoshyant posted:

Bravely Default? Depends. It's a great little JRPG that is a homage to old SNES Final Fantasy games, while having a ton of modern QoL options and a really fun battle/class system. It may not to do anything for you however if you have never tried/enjoyed a classic JRPG. The story has a great ending twist plus fun characters in Edea and Ringabell.

It's a 3DS game but those can be emulated these days on most computers with Citra. I personally can only play JRPGs on handheld devices; I like to pick them like books during work commute: play a bit, turn it off, resume at a later point.

Saoshyant I have a tragic revelation. I drive into work

Saoshyant

Seeing as it's not a short experience either, it just came to mind that you may want to first try a shorter experience JRPG that has a proper PC port before dedicating time to Bravely Default. My recommendation for such a title is Cosmic Star Heroine.

Ohtori Akio posted:

Saoshyant I have a tragic revelation. I drive into work

My goodness! I have a confession, too: I haven't commuted by train since the Covid thing started. I either work from home or (more rarely) drive.

Ohtori Akio
I've done a JRPG before! My favorite is FFX. I do tend to bounce off of them for various picky reasons, though.

xcheopis

IMHO, Johnny Cash's version of Ghost Riders in the Sky is the best one, in large part because on that final line, "trying to catch the Devil's herd across these endless skies", he really captures a sense of infinite, unrelenting, unrelieved, hopeless exhaustion. Quite well done.

cruft

We shot another dance video all day today. The set looked like this:

biosterous

xcheopis posted:

IMHO, Johnny Cash's version of Ghost Riders in the Sky is the best one, in large part because on that final line, "trying to catch the Devil's herd across these endless skies", he really captures a sense of infinite, unrelenting, unrelieved, hopeless exhaustion. Quite well done.

i like The Outlaws' version but that's mainly just for the solos and guitar noodling

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

i like The Outlaws' version but that's mainly just for the solos and guitar noodling

Yeah, each version has strong parts to recommend it. Catchy tune!

alnilam

Trying posted:

My initial experience of Dire Straits was the parody cameo of their primitive CGI avatars in the children's show "ReBoot"

lol i remember that... also the hit film UHF

B33rChiller

When I was around 7yo, our family moved to a different small town than I had lived in prior. My dad was a school teacher, so a lot of our family friends ended up being families where one or both of the couple were teachers, and had kids around my and my brothers' ages.

One of these families went to the same church as us, and were partners in a video rental place. It was owned by two double teacher families. They sold off some time in the early 90's, but for a few years, it was a regular deal after Sunday school to go over to the one family's place, and the kids would play the latest nintendo game that was brought in for the store.

I distinctly remember being super impressed with Final Fantasy's extra stuff that came in the box. The manual was (in my memory) this meaty book. There was a fold out poster map, and on the reverse was a whole bunch of little boxes with each of the enemies with their stats listed!

This was my first experience with any kind of role playing game. Leafing through the info, and watching kids fire it up for the first time. It felt just so substantial.

Also memories of doing Contra runs, lots of marios, WHOA! the thirty life code from Contra works on Lifeforce too!, and eventually settling on blades of steel being the go to for everyone.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 4, 2022

Dr. Honked posted:

alnilam

*clinnng noise, muffled NES voice* BLADES, OF STEEL!

...make the pass, make the pass, make the pass

B33rChiller

the fights were the most furious, put the controller on the floor for stability button mashing I've ever witnessed.

Of course there was a fighting minigame in the hockey game.

Dr. Honked posted:

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Today is a good day to listen to Butthole Surfers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgK4209a_sc

Hell yeah! HELL YEAH!!!

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Are we all in agreement that 'Money for Nothing' has one of the greatest opening riffs in the history of things?

I'm partial to that bass drop in Waiting Room myself

Escape From Noise

Trying posted:

this naan tastes like pancakes. Conjecture: all foods are secretly the same

Yeah. Everything is sandwiches. Some people will tell you it's all soup. But I disagree.

xcheopis

Escape From Noise posted:

Yeah. Everything is sandwiches. Some people will tell you it's all soup. But I disagree.

Oh, dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear
Ok, everyone! This is not a drill! Get under cover NOW; you do not want to be in line of sight when the powerpoint is deployed!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Yesterday I met up with a bunch of goons it was rad :cool:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Rarity posted:

Yesterday I met up with a bunch of goons it was rad :cool:

Yay!