Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Everyone involved in Brutal Doom should have its badass glory kill executions carried out on them in order of brutality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

My favourite thing about Brutal Doom is that when they announced they were adding glory kills to Doom 2016, SgtMark threw a massive hissy fit and started crying that they'd stolen his idea lmao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

some wad creators have made it where if you try to load their levels with brutal doom it crashes the game lol it owns
i don't think they make it crash themselves, they just make stupid poo poo happen (tiny noclipping golden revenants hounding you, guns shooting gibs etc.) so that when the combination of mods inevitably crashes they know why and can safely ignore any resulting bug reports.

(this was because mark's install instructions for brutal doom back in the day set it up to autoload every time you ran gzdoom, causing people to run other mods with it that didn't go well together and broke, resulting in lots of angry bug reports that could only be fixed by saying "well don't do that")

iirc mark tried the same thing when he got pissed off at some mapset made for a specific mod of his mod, and made it switch every level texture to glass that is then broken, spawning lots of glass shards at once. this actually crashed the game for some people with dinosaur computers and made them very unhappy.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 5, 2022

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Kins posted:

i don't think they make it crash themselves, they just make stupid poo poo happen (tiny noclipping golden revenants hounding you, guns shooting gibs etc.) so that when the combination of mods inevitably crashes they know why and can safely ignore any resulting bug reports.

(this was because mark's install instructions for brutal doom back in the day set it up to autoload every time you ran gzdoom, causing people to run other mods with it that didn't go well together and broke, resulting in lots of angry bug reports that could only be fixed by saying "well don't do that")

iirc mark tried the same thing when he got pissed off at some mapset made for a specific mod of his mod, and made it switch every level texture to glass that is then broken, spawning lots of glass shards at once. this actually crashed the game for some people with dinosaur computers and made them very unhappy.

lol modders rule

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Squeezy Farm posted:

I beat plutonia and the last few maps stunk. Hate the icon of sin.. Then I went back , refreshed, to speed of doom a nd finished a few more of those. 11-13 I think.

sod kicks rear end. however i still can't pistol start no save on map 32 even tho i did every other map.... ill never be a doom god....

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Drinkslinger posted:

As much as I think SgtMarkIV is a racist, entitled, overly-dramatic piece of poo poo who should rightfully be cast aside, he had the right idea in making the Icon in his Brutal Doom MAP30 a bullet-sponge boss that alternated between spawning monsters and chucking fireball volleys at the player

Although, having a boss with 40K HP (Cyberdemons have 4K HP, for context) that soaks up that much punishment arguably isn't much fun to fight anyway

that sounds like the replacement for Eviternity. except iirc that guy does the scythe 2 aefrit thing where it lobs revenant balls and mancubii balls. oh yeah and a slightly less powerful [? i think?] archvile zaps. and it only has like 2x the health of a cyberdemon. hated that guy! huge pain even on hntr!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this huge level looks awesome. i especially love the marble baron statues. wad is called Remnant

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sick rear end new final boss too that had a fun little arena where you had to make pillars first, there were waves of bullshit happening and revenants/chaingunners around the side, then when you survive it all you go toe to toe with this gross freak...he shoots revenant missiles + mancubi projectile then follows up with a archvile spell lol. badass. if you flinch him he instantly does a AV cast which is a cool mechanic

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

In Training posted:

this huge level looks awesome. i especially love the marble baron statues. wad is called Remnant

In Training posted:

sick rear end new final boss too that had a fun little arena where you had to make pillars first, there were waves of bullshit happening and revenants/chaingunners around the side, then when you survive it all you go toe to toe with this gross freak...he shoots revenant missiles + mancubi projectile then follows up with a archvile spell lol. badass. if you flinch him he instantly does a AV cast which is a cool mechanic

sick im going to have to check this one out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

holy gently caress. did anybody know this/???

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/g-i/impzone2

`Acorn Hardas' rides again - Following on from my experiences with `The Imp Zone' and the comments I received, here's the sequel. It seems the favourite part of Imp Zone was the Turkey Shoot off the pseudo bridge. That was developed further in IZ2. Just look out when you get to looking down on the Green Nuke Pit where you started from, it gets VERY hot in Ultra Violent Mode, don't be in too much of a rush to be confrontational, you must use your wits and take them by the `back door' Paul wanted some difficult secrets, I accomodated him with one `corker', if you can't get 3 x 100% watch the DEMO, it shows you most of the secrets.

Most of all, I just hope it gives a few people as much pleasure playing it as it gave me to construct. JUST HAVE FUN but be careful out there!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://media4.giphy.com/media/7oumBJCE7HKzSoYFk7/giphy.mp4?cid=73b8f7b12ff60b31f535988557603e9555975c108f8cc7d3&rid=giphy.mp4&ct=g

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

holy gently caress. did anybody know this/???

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/g-i/impzone2

`Acorn Hardas' rides again - Following on from my experiences with `The Imp Zone' and the comments I received, here's the sequel. It seems the favourite part of Imp Zone was the Turkey Shoot off the pseudo bridge. That was developed further in IZ2. Just look out when you get to looking down on the Green Nuke Pit where you started from, it gets VERY hot in Ultra Violent Mode, don't be in too much of a rush to be confrontational, you must use your wits and take them by the `back door' Paul wanted some difficult secrets, I accomodated him with one `corker', if you can't get 3 x 100% watch the DEMO, it shows you most of the secrets.

Most of all, I just hope it gives a few people as much pleasure playing it as it gave me to construct. JUST HAVE FUN but be careful out there!

yes we all did

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Amongst Ust

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SIGIL might be too hard to play on switch, the 2nd map has a freaking cyberdemon with just a shotty. How tf

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

SIGIL might be too hard to play on switch, the 2nd map has a freaking cyberdemon with just a shotty. How tf

John Romero is about to make you break your switch

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

trying to jack off