Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

The most important character in One Piece

History will remember that girl for stopping the Giant Pirates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

> Mr. 3 is abandoned by Crocodile for his failure and ends up in Impel Down where he eventually meets up with Luffy and Buggy, becoming an integral part of the breakout. (Okay this part's a bit of a stretch.)
honestly, this one is actually true. mr. 3's wax walls was the only real countermeasure they had to magellan's poison, otherwise he probably would have killed everyone when he ambushed them. thats not only a dead luffy, it's a dead buggy, crocodile, and jinbe, too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

honestly, this one is actually true. mr. 3's wax walls was the only real countermeasure they had to magellan's poison, otherwise he probably would have killed everyone when he ambushed them. thats not only a dead luffy, it's a dead buggy, crocodile, and jinbe, too.

No more like, I feel like it's sort of a stretch to equate this to an aftereffect of the Giant Pirates disbanding.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

The most important character in One Piece

I'm gonna tell my kids that's Im.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The real inciting incident of One Piece is Rayleigh's house burning down.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/chan_co/status/1566784751243268096?t=RPMiBg2htE0j7zlB6FLOPA&s=19

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

I asked an AI to make a one piece movie poster and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Bold choice to have Junji Ito design the movie original character

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Sindai posted:

What original character? Isn't that just Jinbe in the back?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Sanami looks ready to die.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Lmao at Living(?) Brook.

“Remember when Akinu killed your brother Luffy? He talked Just Like THIS!”

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sindai posted:

Even bolder to make The Corinthian from Sandman somehow more terrifying. :gonk:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Spanish Matlock posted:

I asked an AI to make a one piece movie poster and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Ive been playing with one too, haha

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Film Red hits the US next month it would seem:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2022-09-04/one-piece-film-red-opens-in-u.s-in-october/.189328

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't wait to see the first giant with a devil fruit power

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the giant on blackbeard's crew, sanjuan wolf, and morley of the revolutionaries, both have devil fruits

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Jose posted:

I can't wait to see the first giant with a devil fruit power

Hito hito no mi model regular sized guy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if shanks ate the hito hito no mi would he get his arm back

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Endorph posted:

if shanks ate the hito hito no mi would he get his arm back

Depends, it wouldn't work if it's the Hito Hito no Mi, Model: One-Armed.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
that model would just take off his other arm

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Only if you're a glass half empty type of person

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm a weak-willed man and I read the spoilers and I can't wait for the chapter to drop because I saw some top tier speculation that I want to talk about.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

the giant on blackbeard's crew, sanjuan wolf, and morley of the revolutionaries, both have devil fruits

morley is a giant? but see is the critical word here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

morleys listed as 40 feet tall, which is giant-sized. i think the tallest human is big mom's 28 feet.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope we actually learn what Dragon's deal is and the revolutionary stuff isn't all about Sabo now, I want a Dragon flashback that's at least twelve chapters long

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Will we ever even find out what King's deal was?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

hatty posted:

I hope we actually learn what Dragon's deal is and the revolutionary stuff isn't all about Sabo now, I want a Dragon flashback that's at least twelve chapters long
Other than an opposition of the World Government what are the Revolution's goals? Luffy's got ties to almost every major player in the Revolution army now but Luffy's own goals are just to go on an adventure and be free

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jose posted:

morley is a giant? but see is the critical word here

Morley uses their fruit when they’re introduced, they can manipulate stone.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Super Rad posted:

Will we ever even find out what King's deal was?
I think his deal was being part of a forgotten/erased people just like Skypeia was

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tampa Bae posted:

Other than an opposition of the World Government what are the Revolution's goals?

They want to bring down the Celestial Dragons. They don't really have any other issues with the World Government itself.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I just thought Morley was another v tall human

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tampa Bae posted:

I think his deal was being part of a forgotten/erased people just like Skypeia was

hes the only survivor of his race which is why big mom wanted him to come join her crew since she wants the biggest melting pot possible. he was caught by the world government and used as a test subject, since his race is extremely durable and also has natural control over fire (like how minks can control electrictiy), kaidou busted him out and made him his right hand man. not really anymore to it than that

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, we're pretty sure that Kaido isn't a human, which makes him one of the smaller giants by default.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, we're pretty sure that Kaido isn't a human, which makes him one of the smaller giants by default.

He can't be a giant. If he was, Big Mom would've known and brought it up.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

My guess is Kaido is as human as longarms or longlegs are, but he's part of the "Oni" tribe of humans or something.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

If he's related to the giants he's several generations removed from it, he might be the same sub-race that Magellan, Moriah, Ulti and a couple others are that are much larger than humans and have horns but One Piece scale is all over the place since Brook is a regular human and towers above the rest of the straw hats.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yamato also isnt nearly as big as kaido which you think he would be if kaido was 100% giant. the half-giant on foxy's crew was a lot bigger than yamato is.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Some people just eat their vegetables and get huge, it’s why Luffy is tiny all he eats is meat

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kaidou's scale is all hosed up, when we first saw him in the flesh he was like Oars Jr. sized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I suspect Oni is a race naturally sized between giants and humans with a lot of variance. Black Maria appears to also be one, and there's some implications that they have a bad history with humans beyond just Kaido's childhood.