Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asynchronous Event
Dec 9, 2021

christmas boots posted:

This is not better

Of course not, but unavoidable for some regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Send back food if they get it wrong, don’t work for free, always take any breaks you can.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Gripweed posted:

Send back food if they get it wrong, don’t work for free, always take any breaks you can.

:yeah:

I'm sorry you hosed up someone's pizza order and got yelled at by your boss

But that's on the boss, not the idiot customer

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

credburn posted:

Furthermore, if you ever go to a fast food joint and complain that your order is wrong, you're just a loony idiot. You're a naive person for thinking a bunch of stoned teenagers at Taco Bell are going to perform to your standards. 100% of orders made at fast food restaurants are wrong.

Similarly, people who create complicated orders at fast food restaurants are the worst. Long, complicated custom orders are contrary to the point of fast food.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've complained that the fries were too salty to eat.

But only the third time.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

credburn posted:

Telling the waiter your order is wrong is a dick move. Just eat the loving food. Possibly getting an order wrong is just part of going out to eat, you overprivileged snob. When you say your order is wrong, you cause all kinds of loving annoying trouble.

1) First of all, now your food is going to be thrown away.
2) The underpaid, stressed out waiter will feel like an idiot.
3) The waiter has to go back and tell the cooks to recook the food, all of which gets added to an already unmanageable queue, but also it doesn't count as a new food item; you effectively cause the cooks and the wait staff all to take a hit, which will have to be added to inventory and time sheets later, and the management will pick a person (could be the waiter, could be a cook, could be someone who wasn't even working when this happened) to lecture and bitch at and maybe even fire.
4) Now the rest of your party is eating while you wait for your new loving food to be made. Which leads to the "should we wait? is it okay we eat?" awkwardness.
5) You will be marked as a customer who did this, and if it happens again, your third visit will absolutely have public hair and spit in your food.
6) You will annoy those of us who just loving eat the food we're given because people make mistakes all the time and it's not a big deal unless it's like an allergy issue or something.
7) Once everyone is finished eating, the party has to wait for your new loving correct food to be consumed before they can leave.

Furthermore, if you ever go to a fast food joint and complain that your order is wrong, you're just a loony idiot. You're a naive person for thinking a bunch of stoned teenagers at Taco Bell are going to perform to your standards. 100% of orders made at fast food restaurants are wrong.

This frustrates me in the same way people complain when they're forced to work off the clock or they have their lunches deducted from their pay sheets. Yeah it sucks and it's a bummer but it's the world a lot of us live in.

you're an idiot, lol

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

credburn posted:

Telling the waiter your order is wrong is a dick move. Just eat the loving food. Possibly getting an order wrong is just part of going out to eat, you overprivileged snob. When you say your order is wrong, you cause all kinds of loving annoying trouble.

3) The waiter has to go back and tell the cooks to recook the food, all of which gets added to an already unmanageable queue, but also it doesn't count as a new food item; you effectively cause the cooks and the wait staff all to take a hit, which will have to be added to inventory and time sheets later, and the management will pick a person (could be the waiter, could be a cook, could be someone who wasn't even working when this happened) to lecture and bitch at and maybe even fire.
4) Now the rest of your party is eating while you wait for your new loving food to be made. Which leads to the "should we wait? is it okay we eat?" awkwardness.
5) You will be marked as a customer who did this, and if it happens again, your third visit will absolutely have public hair and spit in your food.
6) You will annoy those of us who just loving eat the food we're given because people make mistakes all the time and it's not a big deal unless it's like an allergy issue or something.
7) Once everyone is finished eating, the party has to wait for your new loving correct food to be consumed before they can leave.

This frustrates me in the same way people complain when they're forced to work off the clock or they have their lunches deducted from their pay sheets. Yeah it sucks and it's a bummer but it's the world a lot of us live in.

For minor things, sure it's silly to make a big thing about it...but if I get literally raw food or the entirely wrong order, I'm not going to just say "well, even though I'm paying a massive markup for the food i'm eating and they just gave me the entirely wrong thing, I should just accept it because it is an inconvenience for the cooks". It's (usually) not the waiter's fault and they shouldn't be made to feel bad about it - it's almost always the kitchen's fault cutting corners. It's literally their job to make things to order. It's not a charity where you get what you get.

also re: fast food, it's not a lot to ask even a stoned teen to not put ketchup or pickles on my order. When they do, it's not like it's a disaster, they just replace the burger the company probably paid like 30 cents to make with another one that cost slightly less than that to make that I am paying 6 dollars for. I'm not going to pay a place to cook food if i'm not going to enjoy eating it when it can be easily fixed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just remembered the YOSPOS consensus that it's a dick move to report any OSHA violations because someone might get in trouble.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

credburn posted:

no

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

credburn posted:

On one hand, thank you for sharing a very unpopular opinion. On the other hand, it's unpopular for a reason. If I'm paying money for food, I want it at least mostly right. Most of the time if I ask for something removed or substituted it's something I absolutely do not want to eat. I'm not going to send back my regular fries when I asked for tots, nor will I send back my burger over some pickles I can pick off, but if I ordered something I want except I had to ask for no coleslaw or pickled red onions or whatever, I'm gonna send it back because at some point I can't fully remove it. I genuinely try not to be a bother and I'm never a dick about it, but I don't think it's that much to ask that my orders be at least sorta correct. If I just flat out got a different item than I ordered, I might weigh if it's something I don't mind eating and send it back if not.

I almost agree with you about the fast food thing, but also fast food is the easiest poo poo to fix because they are just assembly lining this poo poo anyway. I usually just grit and bare it with fast food since I'm not going back to the store over my one wrong or missing taco. If I'm eating there or something is obviously missing like I get a tiny bag and I have a big order, I'll probably go back to see if I can get it fixed. However, I really hate people who hold up lines while they deeply check every loving item though. If you're opening up all your tacos at the drive through window to make sure they do or don't have sour cream, go gently caress yourself or at least pull off to a parking space.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Just remembered the YOSPOS consensus that it's a dick move to report any OSHA violations because someone might get in trouble.

Reporting OSHA violations makes number go down. Number good, bigger number better. Make number smaller BAD.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
It’s good to want to get the food you paid money for, imo

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Why: "restaurant" is a fair question to ask.

Are you eating out because it is a way to provide mere sustenance or is there a broader purpose to the meal? If you are wolfing down slop from Taco Bell by yourself, does it matter if they get the order wrong? Are you the rear end in a top hat if you want to have *this* chalupa and not *that* taco bell grande combo? Yeah, totally. But what if it is a meal you have been looking forward to, a treat you give yourself? Then you deserve to ask for what you ordered. Likewise if it would otherwise mean compromising your morals. In a social situation (which is how you ought be eating. Animals feed, humans dine) it gets more complicated but because you are dining, not feeding, you ought be able to have some easy substitution with a minimum of fuss within your party.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

2nd Amendment posted:

Are you eating out because it is a way to provide mere sustenance or is there a broader purpose to the meal? If you are wolfing down slop from Taco Bell by yourself, does it matter if they get the order wrong? Are you the rear end in a top hat if you want to have *this* chalupa and not *that* taco bell grande combo? Yeah, totally. But what if it is a meal you have been looking forward to, a treat you give yourself? Then you deserve to ask for what you ordered. Likewise if it would otherwise mean compromising your morals. In a social situation (which is how you ought be eating. Animals feed, humans dine) it gets more complicated but because you are dining, not feeding, you ought be able to have some easy substitution with a minimum of fuss within your party.

Lotta weird assumptions here.

There’s nothing wrong with eating by yourself. There’s nothing wrong with wanting the food you ordered to be correct, even if the food isn’t the height of cuisine.

Other people exist outside of your views of The Correct Behavior And Order Of Things, and that’s okay

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I would simply eat the pickles

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've had to send back like one plate of food in my entire lifetime.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

thetoughestbean posted:

Lotta weird assumptions here.

There’s nothing wrong with eating by yourself. There’s nothing wrong with wanting the food you ordered to be correct, even if the food isn’t the height of cuisine.

Other people exist outside of your views of The Correct Behavior And Order Of Things, and that’s okay

There are no assumptions there. I merely highlighted some of the different ways of eating.

I added moral judgements: "opinions".

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

exquisite tea posted:

I've had to send back like one plate of food in my entire lifetime.

Same, where are people living that they have to keep sending stuff back all the time?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Josef bugman posted:

Same, where are people living that they have to keep sending stuff back all the time?

I admit I have rarely had to do it or have seen it done

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

2nd Amendment posted:

You got a weird way of thinking about life.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
"oops forgot to charge for the fries brah, well no prob we both hate Corporate 🤙" is definitely something you've personally heard right

lol get the gently caress out of here guys, those kids / poor people are calling you / me a f***** under their breath and messing up orders from resistance because they hate you ie the kind of people who post on Something Awful (of any color, creed, or profession). if you want to respect them then offer a joint or buy them free burgers, as in something material, or else you're effectively the same as Christians dropping God Bux as a moral "tip"

https://www.theonion.com/fast-food-purchase-seething-with-unspoken-class-conflic-1819566105

Analytic Engine has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Sep 8, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Analytic Engine posted:

if you want to respect them then offer a joint or buy them free burgers

Do you really order at fast food places and then ask the person at the counter if they want a burger too?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Do you really order at fast food places and then ask the person at the counter if they want a burger too?

no, I stay relaxed and look at my phone while leaving the employees alone to work however they want. what I don't do is moralize about how it's so hard to get an order right at 3am and tell my friends why my defense of justified blue collar shirking makes me a better consumer. these jobs suck rear end, I've done them and hated every second, and they're only improved by inelegant material improvements like bribes and drugs that don't fit into Sensible Rational Respectful Solutions ie Lib poo poo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Analytic Engine posted:

these jobs suck rear end, I've done them and hated every second, and they're only improved by inelegant material improvements like bribes and drugs that don't fit into Sensible Rational Respectful Solutions ie Lib poo poo

Oh, so you were the one calling customers human being under your breath?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Analytic Engine posted:

no, I stay relaxed and look at my phone while leaving the employees alone to work however they want. what I don't do is moralize about how it's so hard to get an order right at 3am and tell my friends why my defense of justified blue collar shirking makes me a better consumer. these jobs suck rear end, I've done them and hated every second, and they're only improved by inelegant material improvements like bribes

I work a retail job and used to work food service. When you mess up you just correct it and go on with your day.

And if someone offered to bribe me I’d be loving insulted.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Analytic Engine posted:

no, I stay relaxed and look at my phone while leaving the employees alone to work however they want. what I don't do is moralize about how it's so hard to get an order right at 3am and tell my friends why my defense of justified blue collar shirking makes me a better consumer. these jobs suck rear end, I've done them and hated every second, and they're only improved by inelegant material improvements like bribes and drugs that don't fit into Sensible Rational Respectful Solutions ie Lib poo poo

What in the gently caress are you talking about

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Analytic Engine posted:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I forgot this isn't the Chapo Trap House thread. I'm a leftist who donates to the DSA and will fight for respect and equal rights, but I don't like the solutions for social friction that US Democrats are proposing. Raising the minimum wage does not increase the respect of the job (though it should be done)

I was pissed off the first time I heard criticisms in that style because I thought they were Conservative like you think I am. I loving hate the Right and most of America, and I see that I'm derailing the thread unintentionally so I'm apologizing for the confusion and logging off

Analytic Engine has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Sep 8, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Analytic Engine posted:

I forgot this isn't the Chapo Trap House thread. I'm a leftist who donates to the DSA and will fight for respect and equal rights, but I don't like the solutions for social friction that US Democrats are proposing. Raising the minimum wage does not increase the respect of the job (though it should be done)

Actually, studies have found that increasing employees’ wages often increases their overall satisfaction with the job and willingness to deal with stressful situations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Analytic Engine posted:

You know that if you want to show material appreciation for a service worker, there is a socially accepted longstanding method for that, right? It's called tipping. You just give them some money. If the class conflict of ordering a burrito at Chipotle is too much for you, you don't have to offer the cashier a burrito or rifle through your pockets to find half a joint you can give them in clear view of the security camera. You can just put five bucks in the tip jar.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
We should pay poor people more because I hate poor people and if they have more wealth there will be fewer poor people for me to hate

Super simple stuff.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

You know that if you want to show material appreciation for a service worker, there is a socially accepted longstanding method for that, right? It's called tipping. You just give them some money. If the class conflict of ordering a burrito at Chipotle is too much for you, you don't have to offer the cashier a burrito or rifle through your pockets to find half a joint you can give them in clear view of the security camera. You can just put five bucks in the tip jar.

Most fast food places don’t have tip jars. Anyways,

Aramek posted:

We should pay poor people more because I hate poor people and if they have more wealth there will be fewer poor people for me to hate

Super simple stuff.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
once every 2 months my work has an "employee engagement panel" and its the most predictable outcome every time, people just want paid more to crack over the problems in their lives, it won't actually make them happier

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

There's a place near me that my friends love to go to that had never gotten my order even close to right. It's like a joke at this point.

You might think I'm ordering something weird or off menu, but that's not the case (club sandwich, fries). It is always truly amazing to see what they bring out or what this particular waitress thinks a club sandwich is.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

JollyBoyJohn posted:

once every 2 months my work has an "employee engagement panel" and its the most predictable outcome every time, people just want paid more to crack over the problems in their lives, it won't actually make them happier

Having more money might not save your marriage or make your dad respect you but being able to pay your bills, pursue hobbies, and maybe even go on vacation once in a while certainly does improve happiness

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

dumbass

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

thetoughestbean posted:

Having more money might not save your marriage or make your dad respect you but being able to pay your bills, pursue hobbies, and maybe even go on vacation once in a while certainly does improve happiness

these are people who earn £50,000 plus, if if they can't manage a vacation and some hobbies on that then they might need to re-evaluate their spending

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
no your right im sorry im being an arsehole, i should be kinder to people who poo poo out 4 children and then complain they can't pay their mortgages

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
one of my co workers paid £6000 for 2 fake teeth at the back of their mouth but yeah its capitalism to blame for their lack of holidays, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

JollyBoyJohn posted:

no your right im sorry im being an arsehole