Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

davidHalestorm posted:

And remember, those kids from Punk Hazards are meant to be taken to Vegapunk, right? Now, what's gonna happened to them? They could've got rid of Tashigi and Smoker

Ohhhhhh shiiiiiiit. :stare:

That chapter's gonna be depressing in retrospect, isn't it? From the frying pan into the fryer... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's only one way Vegapunk could have implanted the cyborg parts in those kids and kept them looking so real:

Nanomachine truthists, your time has come at last.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Can’t wait to see Zoro cut this fakeass M1-H4WK in two with one slice

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

The cover page showing Katakuri and Oven duking it out, each hallucinating the other as an enemy was also extremely cool.

Ceasar > Katakuri confirmed!

Wild chap, nice to catch up on everyone before we get to the new island, maybe next week is a Vivi chapter.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I will say that this seemed an overall awkward spot to dump Yamato's real reason for staying behind, but whatever.

I like Marco just being really chill overall this chapter.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Maybe next week is a Gaimon chapter

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

:tviv:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

IS THERE A PX CROCODILE :eek:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I will say that this seemed an overall awkward spot to dump Yamato's real reason for staying behind, but whatever.

Yeah, a double flashback yet another Yamato flip-flop and a useless Marco flashback and then a confused half chapter with everything else compressed. Eh.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 9, 2022

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

These last few chapters have been real roller coasters of quality

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It is good to see that reports of the queen's death were greatly exaggerated, Boa Hancock is alive

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Jim Henson's Pacifista Babies

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I want to see the pacifista kid Buggy, who is presumably more competent then the real deal

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah, a double flashback yet another Yamato flip-flop and a useless Marco flashback and then a confused half chapter with everything else compressed. Eh.

Actually the Marco flashback was cute and fun and therefore not useless

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Is Aokiji with Blackbeard as well? I can’t remember.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Shakky being the former pirate empress is dope. I'd wondered who she was, with Garp supposedly chasing her around back in the day.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Noo Koby :(

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

It'll be fine, Teach is just returning that favor he owes him and is gonna go take him on a bender.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i won $100 by taking a bet that there would be a flashback conversation btwn luffy and yamato re: staying on wano

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'im joining the crew!'
'im not joining the crew now but i definitely wanna be a pirate so maybe someday'
'im never joining the crew'

presumably next will be 'i never wanted to join the crew,' and then after that will be chopper going 'luffy, youre experiencing delirium. there was never anyone named yamato on wano.'

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

escape mechanism posted:

I want to see the pacifista kid Buggy, who is presumably more competent then the real deal

A Meatslab
Apr 15, 2010
Feels more like it's still setting up Yamato joining the crew at a later point. The guy says he still wants to, after all, and I don't believe Oda would be bothering with this flashback otherwise.

The only catch is: what would need to happen for Yamato to feel Wano is "ready enough" to defend itself? Would likely be a while until that happens.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This is exactly what I thought was being communicated when green bull showed up and momo frantically tried to solo him.

BB's crew seems too ragged to actually use the mero mero so it seems weird for him to go after it this hard. Surely making friends with hancock would be an easier option.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

No Wave posted:

This is exactly what I thought was being communicated when green bull showed up and momo frantically tried to solo him.

BB's crew seems too ragged to actually use the mero mero so it seems weird for him to go after it this hard. Surely making friends with hancock would be an easier option.

i think either Blackbeard is just kind of an oblivious moron or he’s that *and* this is gonna be the buildup to an arc of him having done everything he did to be respected/adored and not really having any of that beyond a surface level despite gaming the devil fruit system and pissing most of his life away as a peon when he’s been implied to be on the level of a Whitebeard fleet commander because he couldn’t just be happy with what he could have had. I’m probably reaching though!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The yamato stuff is still frustrating but it was at least nice to see the flashback we should have gotten like 3 chapters ago. The Marco stuff was cute. The rest of the chapter was incredible; the new pacifistas are insane

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Great chapter, I can't wait for next week!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I can't believe how much Oda is able to stuff into a single chapter. It's also great to see Blackbeard in action and justifying his status as emperor.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I can't believe how much Oda is able to stuff into a single chapter. It's also great to see Blackbeard in action and justifying his status as emperor.

Yeah it's interesting how almost all of his action has been off-screen, fun to finally see him in action again. I love how his crew are just a bunch of mean, dumb shitheads, like the villains in a kids movie :allears:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

davidHalestorm posted:

I do love how connected all this was Judge's clone soldiers, Queen's cyborg parts, King's Lunarian lineage, and then you have Vegapunk combining all of that into one and he's
also the guy who invented a proper artificial Devil Fruits. Kizaru's and Kaido's. And remember, those kids from Punk Hazards are meant to be taken to Vegapunk, right? Now, what's gonna happened to them? They could've got rid of Tashigi and Smoker

Thank you!

I was gonna say, Vegapunk was JUST given a supply of experimental giant children, and we know the last batch of Pacafistas were cyborgs made to look like Kuma, not clones or the like.

Guys, think these are the kids from Punk Hazard. I am also worried that part of the reason that one looks like Hancock is because the WG knows her power works best with her looks. Which, if true, would also imply that they might also have a means of copying her power.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Is the fact that Shakky was empress of the Kuja new information?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A Bug posted:

Is the fact that Shakky was queen of the Kuja new information?

Yup. Due to the timeframe, it was theorized she was part of the Rocks pirates, but nope!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
”oh poo poo rayleigh! okay sir whatever you say I’ll de-escalate and get out of here”
“ty”
“oh but can I kidnap this marine captain is that cool”
“ya sure”

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fecha posted:

”oh poo poo rayleigh! okay sir whatever you say I’ll de-escalate and get out of here”
“ty”
“ya sure”

koby probably surrendered himself as collateral, sounds like his speed

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

A Bug posted:

Yes. Also we know the pirate empress has to abdicate when they fall in love and want to settle down, so I think the implication here is that Shakky gave up her throne to get with Rayleigh

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A Bug posted:

It was theorized for a while because of her name (Japanese for "Peony", fitting with the Amazon naming scheme) and age.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Yes. Also we know the pirate empress has to abdicate when they fall in love and want to settle down, so I think the implication here is that Shakky gave up her throne to get with Rayleigh

*looks at Rayleigh* She made the right choice

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Terper posted:

Yup. Due to the timeframe, it was theorized she was part of the Rocks pirates, but nope!
Or she got with Rocks :v:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Blackbeard recognising a Lunarian… Is Blackbeard a Lunarian himself… The Moon God to Luffy’s Sun God… :tinfoil:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Fecha posted:

“ty”
“ya sure”

Coby just got on the wrong boat again

Chapter was good but, just like everyone else, I had to re-read it to understand what happened with Blackbeard and Hancock and the Pacifista, and the Yamato stuff at the beginning felt shoe-horned in. But like someone else said, it was cool to see BB actually do something. We haven't seen him use his Darkness fruit since Impel Down, and I don't think we've seen him use his other fruit since he first got it.

Has anyone noticed that they called the new Pacifista "Seraphims"? Cool name, fits with the Celestial Dragon theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

i am tim! posted:

we know the last batch of Pacafistas were cyborgs made to look like Kuma, not clones or the like.

Since when do we know this? Back when the Pacifistas first appeared on Sabaody it was pretty thoroughly established that they were identical to Kuma aside from his devil fruit power and the personality he still had back then. Since then we've learned that cloning technology exists and is connected to Vegapunk's research, I'd say it's almost certain that the old Pacifistas are straight up clones of Kuma.