Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Members of Iruma's harem that are separated from him for too long start to get a little crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Invictus posted:

new chapter

this feels a lot like a post-arc "what's happening away from the MCs" One Piece chapter, which are my big favorites. So much going on, I love the thoroughness of the teachers and their reliability in assessing the entire situation and working on preparations for future attacks, I love the semi-reveal of the Fingers' plans, I love that we didn't get a typical big bad curbstomping his minion for failing but rather giving him a minor pep talk and getting him on his feet again. The reveal of Iruma isn't surprising at all, but it certainly is a good catalyst for the villains.

Look if your whole deal is wanting demons to go back to be freewheeling assholes who do whatever they want, you can’t get too upset when your agents act like freewheeling assholes who do whatever they want

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

thetoughestbean posted:

Look if your whole deal is wanting demons to go back to be freewheeling assholes who do whatever they want, you can’t get too upset when your agents act like freewheeling assholes who do whatever they want

well, you can if you want

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Rand Brittain posted:

well, you can if you want

:hmmyes:

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
I like that he just keeps getting upset that he can't keep his floor clean. All that bleeding, drooling, and crying.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The junk collector posted:

I like that he just keeps getting upset that he can't keep his floor clean. All that bleeding, drooling, and crying.

https://twitter.com/osamun24/status/1568155499425837056
Nishi is keeping a list and checking it twice

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
So is the machine that generated the paper detecting Iruma, or the ring?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

A jargogle posted:

So is the machine that generated the paper detecting Iruma, or the ring?

The ring, since Iruma doesn't have his own mana(that we are aware of).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Most Popular One

Also, reminder that the next season of the anime starts on October 8th.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Nemo2342 posted:

The Most Popular One

Also, reminder that the next season of the anime starts on October 8th.

Cute chapter

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This chapter radiates Big sister energy

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Clara Ogg

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
That Cool Girl

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

It was very cute seeing the crocells interacting as sisters. Also love Kerori's reaction at the end.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
This is officially a good face chapter.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Hunt11 posted:

It was very cute seeing the crocells interacting as sisters. Also love Kerori's reaction at the end.

I believe it will come in use later.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

The junk collector posted:

This is officially a good face chapter.

This manga has consistently good faces, but Crocell's is just the perfect response image now.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Her position as princess was stolen, lmao

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
That's Why Ja!.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Balam is huge, that means he has huge guts.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Not sure how I feel about the idea that Jazz didn't "really" get tortured.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Rand Brittain posted:

you have those mixed up he really got tortured but he didnt get "really" tortured. Using the nerfed centipede (?) doesnt sound like its fun

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
He got tortured to a degree that this superior was like "wait, you asked for WORSE stuff? I can't believe the stuff you got was approved!" was my read of it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That teacher opened the Lament Configuration.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

That teacher opened the Lament Configuration.

That teacher is inside the Lament Configuration.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Season 3 has begun, looks like the budget has increased!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Missingnoleader posted:

Season 3 has begun, looks like the budget has increased!

It's only the first episode, so I expect them to tone it down a little for the next few episodes of this training arc and maybe in some spots of the Harvest Fest. From the OP, they're doing the Harvest Fest and the Music fest (and the Purson) arc. I hope they'll get to the Akudol Games, but that may not happen sadly.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Rand Brittain posted:

He got tortured for real, the torture teacher asked for permission to go all out and use even more horrific things and was denied.

Something along the lines of "Ah, man, it sucks I was only able to put him on a rack and waterboard him, I really wanted to stuff him in a brazen bull."

Kanos fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 9, 2022

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I do agree with what the other poster said that this torture thing was really bizarre. A big focus of this arc was how the teachers of Babyls do their best for the students' safety, which made what happened to Jazz and the teacher joking about how he wanted to use worse stuff stand out more. I know that it's supposed to be a demon school and they have different morals and stuff, but still.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

amigolupus posted:

I do agree with what the other poster said that this torture thing was really bizarre. A big focus of this arc was how the teachers of Babyls do their best for the students' safety, which made what happened to Jazz and the teacher joking about how he wanted to use worse stuff stand out more. I know that it's supposed to be a demon school and they have different morals and stuff, but still.

The main thing is that they were testing them according to their future planned specialties. So Azz, for instance, nearly got roasted alive, while the future spy/infiltrator/con artist got a crash course in how to keep shtum under torture.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Xelkelvos posted:

It's only the first episode, so I expect them to tone it down a little for the next few episodes of this training arc and maybe in some spots of the Harvest Fest. From the OP, they're doing the Harvest Fest and the Music fest (and the Purson) arc. I hope they'll get to the Akudol Games, but that may not happen sadly.

I'm always glad to see Purson in the ending credits, as per tradition. And I'm excited to see Bachiko finally.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The main thing is that they were testing them according to their future planned specialties. So Azz, for instance, nearly got roasted alive, while the future spy/infiltrator/con artist got a crash course in how to keep shtum under torture.

One thing to note is that while it lines up mostly perfectly for a lot of the students versus which teachers they encountered, it was all still accidental or coincidental as far as the writing was concerned. Jazz for instance can be seen stalking Marbras-sensei in one of the TV monitors so he approached him. Purson had bad luck being in the Teacher's spawn point which allowed Atori to suss him out, otherwise he would have actually survived much longer if not outright won with his stealth field. Alice and flame guard were a chance meeting with the perfect matchup to test the blue flowers. etc, etc.

Some matchups weren't like this such as Balam's encounter with Agares and Kalego's encounter with Ix and Kerori. Both teachers are just way above anyone else so they stomped their respective students with Agares at least being able to motivate his Kouhai which was the real point of his chapter.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

amigolupus posted:

I still think they’re setting up a heel turn down the line from torture teacher.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ameri continues to be adorable.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Looking Ahead

Azazel Amelie is such an amazing character on so many levels it pains me she is not able to interact with her boyfriend more often than these between arc cooldowns. The spoon, that look

fake edit: RIP Henry's wallet

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Soylentbits posted:

I still think they’re setting up a heel turn down the line from torture teacher.

I'm almost 100% sure that torture teacher is just a bad gag that doesn't land well. He's hardly the only teacher who has no problem harming his students, after all - poor Jazz also has to deal with Furfur as a mentor, who deliberately sabotages, steals from, and fucks over his students as well. Babyls does seem to advocate tough love/school of hard knocks teaching.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

To some degree there's always been some deliberate dissonance on the "demons are evil" front: Babyls has a whole school song about how "humans are our food" and demons love to eat them, but nobody has ever seen a human and demons aren't allowed to go to the human world, and there's no serious threat of Iruma being eaten by anybody at the school. Demons theoretically do a lot of bad things, but none of them really happen on screen and it's not clear who they happen to, and there's a lot more "here is the happy fun time park demons go to when they want to suppress their demonic instincts" than there is "here are demons indulging their demonic instincts with meaningful consequences. The Six Fingers, who want to go back to the old ways, are all a bunch of weirdos who aren't really representative of the average demon.

This is why it seems like a mismatch when we see torture with semi-realistic consequences.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005

The real truth comes out.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love Amelie/Iruma chapters so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Harvest festival is one of the longest arcs, so I doubt we'd get past the in between chapters to the Music Fest. After all we do only have 21 episodes. I'm just hoping we get a music festival movie to get the budget we deserve.