Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Should I eat shrooms before I play and give you real trip reports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Honestly that would be pretty difficult, if only because of the visual fx already being pretty disorienting in certain parts of space, it’s a pretty psychedelic game already.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Downloading Outer Wilds PS5 version. Wish me luck.

Requesting a performance report pls. Want to know whether to get it on pc or piss5 in the future.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Outer Wilds is a fantastic game despite feeling kinda clunky on every platform I've tried, including PC. I would be surprised if PS5 breaks that trend.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I just played it for a bit and went to the dlc area, it’s a little stuttery here and there but I got used to it and didn’t notice it after a few minutes, maybe because I wasn’t actively looking for it, but I’m not the best at judging frame rates and stuff. The input lag seems a lot better, I guess that was only really on the ps4 version running on ps5, but just shooting the probe launcher a few times it does feel more immediate.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYJMMLg2FpU

I should get around to the PS5 ports of these one day, haven't played either since release.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I wonder if something like DLSS or intel’s new XeSS could come to consoles and make raytracing at 60fps / total possibility?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It would be FSR and maybe.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

I wonder if something like DLSS or intel’s new XeSS could come to consoles and make raytracing at 60fps / total possibility?

I don't know about raytracing being possible but I'm pretty sure something like that has already been announced for xbox (and presumably ps5)

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Should I eat shrooms before I play and give you real trip reports?

Sounds like a ticket to Motion Sickness Valley

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Volte posted:

Orphan of Kos is the only Soulsborne boss other than Darkeater Midir to take me more than one entire evening of attempts. Sixth try is super impressive.

I was using the viscerals runes, communion and the stamina quicker rune along with Rakuyo +10. I got a couple of lucky viscerals to start - which have become my new go to when going against bosses, and ended up down to 8 blood vials. Plus this is after doing all the other games and muscle memory and having no fear against the monsters anymore :) The last time I met Kos I had BP and Guillermus and Quantum all summoning at various points - so I am pretty much just proving to myself that I can do this stuff now.

Escobarbarian posted:

Fantastic work! And also you should have streamed it

It was a sudden minute 10:30 at night kind of thing, I just wanted a few goes and I did not expect to do it ten minutes later. (I had a couple of instant deaths where I would not stand up and just got gotted like a pancake.

Right now, I am wandering around Mergo's Middle loft with Milkweed and Kos Parasite combo just seeing what is going on :) It is much longer wind up on the attacks but feels a bit powerful!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/denfaminicogame/status/1570661973326712834?s=46&t=o9wCrpXx1EoVfyO8bECMRg

Suikoden 1&2 HD announced

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fridge, instead of playing the PS3 versions I will wait for these and gloriously enjoy my time with them :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Oh, Flik, you tasty man.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Okay y'all, listen to me. Dark Bramble is a bad place.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Megasabin posted:

Thank you!

And the other important question I forgot to ask! I understand the game has had significant tweaks to it's graphics setting in multiple patches. Anyone know what's the go to nowadays? I remember reading the thread in launch week and lot's of people then said that the 30 FPS highest quality mode did look substantially better if you don't mind 30FPS. But I believe the many patches have been aimed at improving the performance mode? I also think there is a new hybrid mode?

Yeah you are right, the fidelity in performance mode has supposedly been improved a ton and is now the preferred way to play according to framerate needs like DF

The hybrid mode is for 120Hz TVs only right? The version of that in Insomniac’s games is really good, but I haven’t tried it for Horizon.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Be still my beating heart

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
This is how Konami makes their big comeback into gaming? With….Suikoden?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Fridge, instead of playing the PS3 versions I will wait for these and gloriously enjoy my time with them :)

I am so happy for both of us!!!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

almost got ebrietas on my first try but got sloppy at the end. 4 other attempts not even past half health and it's late so ill try again tomorrow.

frig

e: the brainsuckers in upper cathedral ward continue to be bullshit. i quit out when i got stunlock combo'd twice in a row bc gently caress you game

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
fridge is gonna literally cum and I’m very pleased for him (and that I’m not anywhere near him rn)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ShoogaSlim posted:

almost got ebrietas on my first try but got sloppy at the end. 4 other attempts not even past half health and it's late so ill try again tomorrow.

frig

That’s a tough one. Try and get stuck in its tail. You got this!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Escobarbarian posted:

That’s a tough one. Try and get stuck in its tail. You got this!

ty!

i think the first attempt is easier bc she's in the corner and the fight doesn't start until you get all the way up to her. i was able to get stuck in the tail for a while until she flew away.

all subsequent tries she's dead center and i cant really corner her. ill give it another go tomorrow.

itll be an accomplishment to do it alone without summoning the npc right outside her fog gate. that was the only way i could get it when i played through two years ago

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Noob Saibot posted:

Yes, it's the best thing they could have possibly done

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

fridge is gonna literally cum and I’m very pleased for him (and that I’m not anywhere near him rn)

:gizz:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gotta make sure people remember the franchise before they put out the pachinko machines

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Okay y'all, listen to me. Dark Bramble is a bad place.

:shobon: These are the trip reports I am HERE for!

ShoogaSlim posted:

frig

e: the brainsuckers in upper cathedral ward continue to be bullshit. i quit out when i got stunlock combo'd twice in a row bc gently caress you game

I beat her on Tuesday right before my FFX stream and there is a weird bug on her hitbox to the right of her (I think, maybe the left, but definitely one of her sides) where after the arm sweep she will get another hit in due to it flipping around at the speed of light. Always stay on her back to definitely avoid it.

https://twitter.com/meowmaritus/status/1216246819593867264

There it is, found it!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My last day of work and suikoden 1+2 hd remasters announced. Truly the greatest of days :peanut:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Yesssss it begins!!!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Noob Saibot posted:

Showcase is in a few hours, at 1pm gmt

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 16, 2022

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Noob Saibot posted:

It's how Konami preemptively win back a bunch of credulous fans right before they pull the rug out again

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Excited for more classic jRPGs of the old school variety. 2D Platformers may be my favourite genre of all time, but I think jRPGs are now in the top five :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

:shobon: These are the trip reports I am HERE for!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD2vyaFwj1E

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyjeaDBgl4

Fuuck shocked at the effort konami are putting in

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge in the konami conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOHkrZECnfs

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

literally imagine coming into this thread to try and defang Fridge's hype over Suikoden. lmao give it up nerds, you are weak, take your cynical killjoy poo poo and sell it on some other corner because we got that WMD up in this bitch

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The top two posters have spoken.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Xenogears, Suikoden 1 and 2, Dragon Quest XI, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy 1-VI pixel remasters.

Just rattling off jRPGs I am going to play and hopefully enjoy.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyjeaDBgl4

Fuuck shocked at the effort konami are putting in

goated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Xenogears, Suikoden 1 and 2, Dragon Quest XI, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy 1-VI pixel remasters.

Just rattling off jRPGs I am going to play and hopefully enjoy.

Add BoF III

and Valkyrie Profile before all of them :blastu: