Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

davidHalestorm posted:

Do you guys think back in Ohara, if Gorosei figures out beforehand how close the scholars to actually find out about the Void Century, IM would have send down Uranus (I'm calling that thing Uranus until it's proven otherwise), instead of a Buster Call? Because I don't think that Gorosei was expecting Clover to say the name of the Ancient Kingdom when they were talking to him

It could be a case of Ohara not being well-defended, so a Buster Call would suffice in getting the job done (at least, that's what they assumed). The Special Im Cannon could be saved for bigger targets that pose more of a military threat, with this kingdom potentially having its own army/navy/fruit users that could cause a tangible threat to the established world order, especially if they get hooked up with Dragon's people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

It could be a case of Ohara not being well-defended, so a Buster Call would suffice in getting the job done (at least, that's what they assumed). The Special Im Cannon could be saved for bigger targets that pose more of a military threat, with this kingdom potentially having its own army/navy/fruit users that could cause a tangible threat to the established world order, especially if they get hooked up with Dragon's people.

They already hooked up with Dragon's people, that's how the king got overthrown. We see Moda from Ace's cover story personally take out Pinkbeard of Blackbeard's crew with the help of the revolutionary flag devil fruit woman.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

r00tn00b posted:

I am so upset at this chapter, Caribou knows what luffy's dream is and I dont

What if Caribou is the only person who wholly believes in Luffy's dream?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I've long seen Skypiea as a summarized version of One Piece as a whole, so I wouldn't be surprised if whatever this was was linked to Im's possible devil fruit power, rather than being Uranus.

That's also why I believe the One Piece will be something similar to the bell, which will once again unite the world much like the bell let people down below know that Skypiea really existed and also served to unite the Skypieans and Shandians.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One Piece is a dinner bell, signaling everyone to come to the biggest party.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-1060/chapter/25442?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014065

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So am I right in interpreting Brook's statement that he never heard of misrule/discontent in Alabasta as another out-of-touch joke? Like, Alabasta just had a full scale revolution with fighting in the streets of the capital two years ago that he wouldn't know about.

The official translation makes that a bit more ambiguous because we know it did never suffer from "misrule" and it was outside forces that stoked the crisis. But there was some pretty notable discontent.

I also only just caught that the next island is a winter island- I missed that in the scanlation somehow. That makes the possibility of it just coincidentally being Elbaf a lot higher. I was looking forward to a completely brand new island, but I've also been looking forward to Elbaf so that would be fine with me!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I just noticed the Lulusia king randomly has vampire fangs for some reason

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Eiba posted:

So am I right in interpreting Brook's statement that he never heard of misrule/discontent in Alabasta as another out-of-touch joke? Like, Alabasta just had a full scale revolution with fighting in the streets of the capital two years ago that he wouldn't know about.

That's how I interpreted it, yeah.

It's weird how it seems to frequently be implied that the Straw Hats just never bother to tell each other about things like this. I'm pretty sure that Franky uses Wapolmetal in his post-timeskip gadgets without even knowing about Luffy fighting Wapol. Robin probably knows a lot more about Luffy's father than Luffy himself does.

This extends beyond the Straw Hats themselves, too. Neither Shanks nor Garp ever bothered to tell Luffy what Haki was, for instance.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 19, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

really if you think about it the crew's had very little time just sailing around to touch base on stuff like that since brook joined. they went to sabaody and got sabodied, they met back up and it was almost immediately off to fishman island, they get a distress signal and head to punk hazard, they nab caesar and immediately head off to dressrosa, brook almost immediately gets sent off with sanji, chopper, and nami to zou, then they have to go rescue sanji, and then they go to wano and get split up again almost immediately. brook's maybe spent a couple weeks, a month tops, actually sailing around with the whole crew without anything else on their minds.

they probably told brook the very broad strokes of stuff like alabasta and enies lobby at some point but i doubt they got into the weeds with it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pureauthor posted:

You cant be a king without strong branding

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

really if you think about it the crew's had very little time just sailing around to touch base on stuff like that since brook joined. they went to sabaody and got sabodied, they met back up and it was almost immediately off to fishman island, they get a distress signal and head to punk hazard, they nab caesar and immediately head off to dressrosa, brook almost immediately gets sent off with sanji, chopper, and nami to zou, then they have to go rescue sanji, and then they go to wano and get split up again almost immediately. brook's maybe spent a couple weeks, a month tops, actually sailing around with the whole crew without anything else on their minds.

they probably told brook the very broad strokes of stuff like alabasta and enies lobby at some point but i doubt they got into the weeds with it.

There's some unseen sailing time in general, but even then Brook had to be with the crew for like. A couple days? A week at best? And then saboady happened. Very funny even at the time.

Though in general I doubt the crew really talks about that stuff in general. It's very funny how we, the reader, get all this context and backstory but Luffy in particular doesn't get anything he was not directly told and even then there's a 50% chance he doesn't take in most of it.
I'm not saying they need to trauma dump on each other but makes me chuckle regardless

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Robin literally asks Luffy in this chapter if he would like to be exposited to and he's like "nah"

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Assuming that all the Strawhats' dreams are fulfilled by the end of the manga, what do you all guess their next dreams would be? I'm at work so I can't kick things off with a big post but that sounds fun to think about at the end of the day.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

They also threaten the peasants with impalement. In other words, the king is (was) Dracula.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nami is not mapping the entire world by the end of the manga.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

If Imu keeps using Uranus then it should be pretty easy

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Robin literally asks Luffy in this chapter if he would like to be exposited to and he's like "nah"
I do appreciate that he trusts her to tell him the important stuff. He understands himself well enough to know he doesn't have the attention span and knows Robin understands what he cares about enough to just leave it to her. It's a very strong example of Luffy's good leadership style where his primary skill (besides punching real good) is sizing people up and knowing who he can rely on for what.

But I want to be in Robin's position! Give us the whole in-universe newspaper, Oda!

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

What if Caribou is the only person who wholly believes in Luffy's dream?

We never did see his reaction. It would be hilarious if this turns him into a full on Luffy supporter.

Even if not, he could still be the means by which the world at large learns about Luffy's dream if he spreads rumors about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Cat Machine posted:

If Imu keeps using Uranus then it should be pretty easy
i actually wonder if itll be thing where im/the government has maps of the world but theyve scrubbed places like ohara from them (even though they didnt actually blast that one out of existence with a magic laser, just razed it normally) and nami's goal becomes to map out the places the world government tried to scrub.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if the powerful weather is not from a winter island, but rather the after effects of Uranus?

I think it's relatively easy to wipe an island from history, if you're in the grand line the magnetic field goes away after a bit, newspapers simply don't talk about it since there's no traveling to it and nobody can raise too much of a fuss thanks to all the borders. If it's in one of the 4 seas then it's trickier, but not by that much since you gotta silence a 4th of the world rather than everyone. I assume this drastic measure happens very rarely.

Now, then, if those were to be the conditions, then what happens when you lock to the magnetic field of an island just before it gets blown away? What would they find??

One year from now i wanna make a meme like "heheh uranus go" and then the anime adaptation of this with blown out audio

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 19, 2022

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

For a while I was thinking maybe they ended up in the Sorbet Kingdom because Bonney is there, but I just found out thats in one of the Blues and not the grand line so thats too bad. Need some Kuma exposition

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Viridiant posted:

Assuming that all the Strawhats' dreams are fulfilled by the end of the manga, what do you all guess their next dreams would be? I'm at work so I can't kick things off with a big post but that sounds fun to think about at the end of the day.

sanji will learn about an even hornier devil fruit

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

sabodied

lmao

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Viridiant posted:

Same as their old dreams, but in SPACE

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think Luffy is gonna straight-up turn right around and go back the way he came all the way to East Blue, meeting all his friends (i.e. everyone) again and having big parties.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

MorningMoon posted:

What if the powerful weather is not from a winter island, but rather the after effects of Uranus?

I was thinking this, but more in the sense of "What if the Strawhats are visiting Vira right now" which we know has had a coup or two recently, and was also completely inexplicably mentioned along side Elbaf and Fullalead as possibilities for the next island. Vira would make sense as one of the 8 that rebelled, so it could be a Uranus target.

Also, the completely random mention in Road to laugh Tale made me think it was DEFINATELY where the crew was heading next.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Pierson posted:

I think Luffy is gonna straight-up turn right around and go back the way he came all the way to East Blue, meeting all his friends (i.e. everyone) again and having big parties.

or he can just start at east blue again since he'll be right next to reverse mountain when his voyage ends

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

BoosterDuck posted:

or he can just start at east blue again since he'll be right next to reverse mountain when his voyage ends

We absolutely need a victory lap epilouge

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's wild that Oda is giving every other supernova an arc before getting to Urouge. Guess he's saving the best for last.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cloks posted:

It's wild that Oda is giving every other supernova an arc before getting to Urouge. Guess he's saving the best for last.

Urouge Arc:

"I have to go now. My planet needs me." *awkwardly flies upward*

Note: Urouge died on the way back to his home planet.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Urouge is going to make love to the big hat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cloks posted:

He did get his own opening at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ancwu_9KFTk

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Urouge settled down and found there where things more important than piracy.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

of all the things left unexplored so far I'm still shocked we haven't gotten Vegapunks Whole Deal yet

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
urouge went back to totto land to help germa and caesar finish off the big mom pirates

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Supremezero posted:

Urouge Arc:

"I have to go now. My planet needs me." *awkwardly flies upward*

Note: Urouge died on the way back to his home planet.

Yeah, it's going to be tear jerking to see him sacrifice himself to get Enel off the moon.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jon Irenicus posted:

of all the things left unexplored so far I'm still shocked we haven't gotten Vegapunks Whole Deal yet

We’re probably getting there since we’ve seen one of Vegapunk’s all time greatest flexes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1572064095393939458?s=20&t=jzv-khUYh4JJ1bJUjY0PPQ

According to the release announcement, "the adventure has finally reached its final chapter"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1572064095393939458?s=20&t=jzv-khUYh4JJ1bJUjY0PPQ

According to the release announcement, "the adventure has finally reached its final chapter"

So it's safe to assume Jewelry Bonney gonna point the Strawhats to the World Government next week?