Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

American McGay posted:

Darker side was too easy.

There's only one bit that's truly bullshit, and you can skip it if you get cheeky enough with the gliding section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I put a lot of work into unlocking Champion's Road in Mario 3D World, died in it 5 times, and decided it was a good game that I'd enjoyed as much as I was going to.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Poopy Palpy posted:

I put a lot of work into unlocking Champion's Road in Mario 3D World, died in it 5 times, and decided it was a good game that I'd enjoyed as much as I was going to.
You are weak.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Champions Road is great, once you get into the flow of it.

I'm also an idiot who has beaten it many many times now with all the characters between the Wii U & Switch version.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looking forward to Monkey Island today. But I wish the art weren't so godawful. Or that people didn't harass Ron Gilbert over it, causing a ton of people to pretend the art is good. It sucks. It's almost as ugly as the Monkey Island 1/2 hd releases. The background scenery looks nice in this style but the characters, good loving lord.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think it looks good. :twisted:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I know you only have to say that so Ron Gilbert isn't sad, I get it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
point-and-click games? how about i point, and click, on the uninstall button!!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why’d you install it in the first place?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i keep getting fooled into buying them by biased reviewers

(i dont like point and click adventures but if you like them :cheerdoge: )

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

In an alternate universe, I would've been absolutely pumped for a game like Armikrog, since I loved The Neverhood, but goddamn, Doug Tenapel just fuckin shits all over that (also, I heard it wasn't good).

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

How's the point and click on Switch? Want it on switch but feeling steam would be way more practical

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

In an alternate universe, I would've been absolutely pumped for a game like Armikrog, since I loved The Neverhood, but goddamn, Doug Tenapel just fuckin shits all over that (also, I heard it wasn't good).

You know how there's some parts that just sucked in The Neverhood like the super-long corridor?

Armikrog's mostly made up of those parts.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You know how there's some parts that just sucked in The Neverhood like the super-long corridor?

Armikrog's mostly made up of those parts.

Jfc

I remember reading that literal bible one afternoon and regretting the time I'd lost to it.

Rest of the game was good to great. Some frustrating puzzle bullshit, though.

The 2-minute-long burp was :discourse:

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Barreft posted:

How's the point and click on Switch? Want it on switch but feeling steam would be way more practical

Yah I'd also love to know this. I love me some monkey island but I can't imagine it without a mouse. On the other hand playing it in bed also sounds amazing.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

point-and-click games? how about i point, and click, on the uninstall button!!!

Jesus WEPT

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i have never been defeated by mario

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Levitate posted:

You also do t have to do the tedious bullshit quests

The white palace and path of pain are basically in there to be tedious with no real in game reward , you don’t have to do them

White Palace is needed to get the true ending (if you don't count Godhome), Path of Pain is an optional challenge.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i have never been defeated by mario

Before, or after he was given a gun?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Return to monkey island looks really good in motion tbh.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

I think it looks good. :twisted:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ohtsam posted:

Return to monkey island looks really good in motion tbh.

yeah it does

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

hatty posted:

More games need an optional brutally difficult platforming segment, I love it every time

I think it's so funny how Yoshi's Wooly World, this so easy a baby could play it and beat it game, has several bonus levels that are EXTREMELY hard, specifically if you're trying to 100% the game.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

My right JoyCon died completely today, and I was resigning myself to buying a new set. Popping it open though I realised that a weird plug that connects a sensor next to the battery to the main board had come out completely. Took about five frustrating minutes with tweezers to get it back in, but now everything is working again and the intermittent problem I had with the JoyCon not getting recognised for a few seconds at turn-on has gone away.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is it possible to do amiibo nfc things with an iPhone? Everyone just talks about android.

There was an iPhone app but it had the worst nagware I have ever seen and the author wanted you to DM them on Twitter to pay to remove it, so I ditched it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's cute how the Nintendo service phone number still uses OoT Hyrule Field theme as it's hold music. One of my friend accidentally bought Kingdom Hearts cloud on my Switch so getting a refund. Apparently it's pretty common for them to get refund requests for cloud poo poo as you'd expect.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Try it with Rosalina. If you got far enough to unlock then you could do it. It's pretty easy with her. I found the Switch version to be tougher since I'm still a bit used to the Wii U game speed.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 19, 2022

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Lmfao

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That's so perfect.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I love that switching shops in Splatoon 3 throws everyone off balance.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

I just saw this in my game!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I am consistently impressed by how good those tags are.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Return to Monkey Island rules

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Morpheus posted:

I am consistently impressed by how good those tags are.
Aren't they just using a SBC like a raspberry pi or esp32 or whatever acting as a bluetooth controller and then running a script that draws each pixel?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Aren't they just using a SBC like a raspberry pi or esp32 or whatever acting as a bluetooth controller and then running a script that draws each pixel?

Well then I'm impressed by the dedication of going through that many steps to draw a tag that'll be seen by people randomly and credited to no one in particular.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I grew up in a Sierra household will Monkey Island appeal to me? Can you be killed by terrifying gnomes at any point?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

big man is wise but he is not smart

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Cojawfee posted:

Some of them are (especially the ones that are just a photograph run through a b/w filter) but you can draw with the switch’s touchscreen too, so there’s plenty of real drawings.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

hatty posted:

I grew up in a Sierra household will Monkey Island appeal to me? Can you be killed by terrifying gnomes at any point?

Hello fellow Kings Quester. buy it. it rules. You can hit L or R to cycle through things on the screen. you can also touch them. It's not as good as on PC like Disco Elysium, but it's the same experience and runs great. It also looks incredible on switch. small screen and all that

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

hatty posted:

In the history of Monkey Island games, to my knowledge, there is only one (1) way to die in the entire series, and that has been to wait ten minutes to solve an underwater puzzle that has like three steps on one screen. And that was the very first game only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1572044073938329601