Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I can understand the appeal of headphones that take sd cards but it's really a redundant idea with the advent of smart watches or true wireless buds. I mean those aren't catch all's but you're talking a very specific and obscure use case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

codo27 posted:

I can understand the appeal of headphones that take sd cards but it's really a redundant idea with the advent of smart watches or true wireless buds. I mean those aren't catch all's but you're talking a very specific and obscure use case

Bluetooth is bad

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Everything is bad

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Killingyouguy! posted:

I have 'LOBKIN' headphones that take a microsd card (it calls it a TF card for some reason?)

TransFlash, just an old name before they became known as microSD.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

TransFlash, just an old name before they became known as microSD.

What a terrible name!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have two Bluedio over ear the battery life and sound are all excellent t, I never used the card slot but Bluedio is good stuff. Just never use them bc me and my kids just prefer earbuds/AirPods

If that is what you are looking for and over ear you won’t be disappointed

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

For when you want to look like you're holding up a frying pan when making a video call.

Rabe Radbury
Dec 12, 2019

Naw, that's for checking if your pancakes are nice and golden on the bottom.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

I have 'LOBKIN' headphones that take a microsd card (it calls it a TF card for some reason?) and it plays them in the order it sees them on the filesystem, there's no shuffle. The only navigation controls are by file, too, you can't skip ahead a whole album. Also it defaults to playing them at max volume.

Having albums and fm radio built right into the headphones is still very nice for putzing around the apartment. Sound is passable and they have held up a few years with only one bit of tape holding together some cracked plastic on the band
Thanks for this! The lack of shuffle is kind of a bummer, but it reminds me of back in The Old Days when albums were made to be listened to one whole side at a time--no skipping, no shuffling. I didn't get the card version of my Bluedio T7s, but I like them very much, too; they're comfortable to wear all day for work.

codo27 posted:

They're for my 71-year-old mother to use on her upcoming vacation. It was hard enough walking her through getting the MP3s onto the card.

Also, no one in my family has a smartwatch or uses wireless earbuds because

Killingyouguy! posted:

Bluetooth is bad

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Keebler posted:

So what's the right thing to do when stuff doesn't show up? I've had a package that says it's shipped and in the US but USPS says it's waiting for it to arrive from the shipping partner. That was back on 8/31 and we passed the expected delivery date on 9/17. Sounds like I might need to keep waiting from others experiences. Does contacting the seller get anywhere?

I wouldn't bother contacting the seller, they'll just tell you it's in the post. At a certain point you can lodge a dispute with AliExpress if something hasn't arrived. I've done it once or twice and had my money refunded. Once the package turned up like a week after I got my refund, lol (it was a piece of jewellery worth like $2 so I didn't feel that bad).

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I love it!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

What could go wrong with a musical instrument?

https://www.tiktok.com/@mattiasyoutube/video/7145762814425156870?_t=8Vslrok7bMU&_r=1

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Hirayuki posted:

Thanks for this! The lack of shuffle is kind of a bummer, but it reminds me of back in The Old Days when albums were made to be listened to one whole side at a time--no skipping, no shuffling.

My girlfriend has Bluedio headphones with the SD slot. I asked about it, same thing. It just plays through the music sequentially.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I bought a dolls dress that cost $40 (no judgments, ok!). All the pictures and the description said it comes with the belt. (which, looking at these things, the belt is about 25 buckroonies on its own.)

Of course they only ship the dress.

I message the seller, They first say nope, never, clearly says dress only.
So i upload screen caps of the webpage that says belt included.

Now they want me to either pay $7 shipping and they will send the belt. (LOL, nope not happening)
Or i buy something else from the store.

Ive already messaged them, so are you sending the belt or am i returning the dress for a refund? (it came with 'free return')

Im only feeling like a semi rear end in a top hat atm.

But im thinking ill go, no, i paid for dress and belt, if you cant send the belt lets do the free return for full refund. and i give 1 star review

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Can't let them get away with it, if they didn't clearly inform that the belt is not a part of the deal it's their problem.

Also: 40$ for the dress? You must be into really fancy dolls.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

By popular demand posted:

Also: 40$ for the dress? You must be into really fancy dolls.

unfortunately, yeah.... :/

I swear i said just 1. (why would you ever need more than one right?)

now im double 1,

(and the itch is always there here is my lastest)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not sure what I was expecting but that counts as fancy.
Just make sure never to aggravate the dolls, they can turn on you so fast.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Meskhenet posted:

now im double 1,

What an odd hobby. Neat!

E: and you're not the rear end in a top hat, get that belt!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I got my book nook. It is garbage. It's not a fun little puzzle/dollhouse, it is pictures of that puzzle/dollhouse on laser cut plywood.

Of course reviews for the product complete with photos only showed up after I placed my order. I have requested a refund as the product that I have been provided is not what was advertised. 🫤

Why do they even make stuff this scammy? Who is going to accept it? If it's just a rip off, why ship anything?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The idea is to make stuff so cheaply and sell to so many people that everyone who doesn't bother to make a thing of it is a large profit.

Keebler
Aug 21, 2000

cyberia posted:

I wouldn't bother contacting the seller, they'll just tell you it's in the post. At a certain point you can lodge a dispute with AliExpress if something hasn't arrived. I've done it once or twice and had my money refunded. Once the package turned up like a week after I got my refund, lol (it was a piece of jewellery worth like $2 so I didn't feel that bad).

Thanks, good info. Oddly enough, about an hour after I made that post I got a text message from USPS that it had received the package from the partner... I guess my Legos show up tomorrow!

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

(it calls it a TF card for some reason?)

This one weird thing I've noticed about Chinese sellers, they always call them that, as well as always calling USB drives 'U disk' and always writing the word APP in all caps

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It does seem kinda contradictory to get your cans from AliExpress but then shun Bluetooth for reasons of audio quality. Very 'I always grind my own coffee beans because I can taste the difference so I got a new grinder from Dollar Tree' kinda energy

Imagined fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 22, 2022

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Imagined posted:

It does seem kinda contradictory to get your cans from AliExpress but then shun Bluetooth for reasons of audio quality. Very 'I always grind my own coffee beans because I can taste the difference so I got a new grinder from Dollar Tree' kinda energy

I shun Bluetooth for reasons of its fuckin stupid

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

So is separating oxygen from the air!
:knope: gasp

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The bluetooth consortium are some of the worst people, along with every other wireless comms standard group, but Bluetooth connectivity has generally been fine for me.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
TF card stands for transflash. It was what THAT card was called before it got incorporated into the SD card standard.

APP is written in cap because in Chinese people call these things "Aey-Pee-Pee".

---

I thought about getting one of those mSD card/bluetooth neck hugging earphones for hiking. It should save some battery on my phone on single day hike. Although I don't know how much weight I would save since I got a pretty light battery brick recently and it weights only 200 gram.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Bluetooth has gotten a lot better, but it depends on the product too. I've head earbuds where if I'm walking and my arm crosses in front of my side with my phone in my pants pocket, it'll have brief drops. My current Klipsch buds have no such drops though.

Cant imagine why anyone would buy the built in card reader cans though if they can only play straight through.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Anyone in dire need of a leech trap?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Keebler posted:

So what's the right thing to do when stuff doesn't show up?

Dispute and get refund.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Unperson_47 posted:

Anyone in dire need of a leech trap?

No, but I'm pretty confident I could hit some dmt out of that thing.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

APP is written in cap because in Chinese people call these things "Aey-Pee-Pee".

lmao

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Talking dodgy bluetooth, I got these ones thinking I could use them for work but the mic quality is terrible and I get complaints that no one can hear me. Tried upping the mic gain but didn’t help at all.

I still use them when they do meetings / presentations where I’m just listening. I can walk around anywhere inside the house (modest three bedroom for reference) and they keep connected, but it cuts out before I reach the mailbox outside - likely because my “office” is the bedroom at the back of the house. If I moved to the lounge I’m sure they would get me to the road. They’re still not great because I can’t use them for the intended purpose of conversations but the connectivity has always seemed okay.

Only thing I’ve ordered recently is a replacement lint shaver because I lost my last one. Tore the house apart trying to find it and I’m certain it will show up somewhere unexpected in a month or two when I get another.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
My kid is into Harry Potter right now and REALLY wants the big Hogwarts LEGO set, but screw giving Jo TERF a penny of the $500 the official one costs. So today I ordered this version, with the lighting kit. Hope it's alright.

We've had great luck with Chinese LEGO knockoffs so far. Last year he got a fake Dragon Ball set that was honestly cooler than any official set I'd seen.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
So like, if the shop I ordered something from no longer exists on AliExpress and there's no tracking info that's probably a good sign the item isn't coming, right?

I've been getting stuff from Ali for years but this is the first time I've ever had this happen hah

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Imagined posted:

My kid is into Harry Potter right now and REALLY wants the big Hogwarts LEGO set, but screw giving Jo TERF a penny of the $500 the official one costs. So today I ordered this version, with the lighting kit. Hope it's alright.

We've had great luck with Chinese LEGO knockoffs so far. Last year he got a fake Dragon Ball set that was honestly cooler than any official set I'd seen.

Let me know how this works. I’ve had it in my cart for about a year.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Meskhenet posted:

now im double 1,

I'm reminded of early The Wire that has a scene that basically goes:
"Why does that cop spend all day making tiny furniture?"
"poo poo, he makes more money selling dollhouse furniture than he does being a cop"

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I got my book nook. It is garbage. It's not a fun little puzzle/dollhouse, it is pictures of that puzzle/dollhouse on laser cut plywood.

Of course reviews for the product complete with photos only showed up after I placed my order. I have requested a refund as the product that I have been provided is not what was advertised. 🫤

Why do they even make stuff this scammy? Who is going to accept it? If it's just a rip off, why ship anything?

Hahaha I ordered one of these (from a different place) for my mom because she collects miniatures.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Cat Hatter posted:

I'm reminded of early The Wire that has a scene that basically goes:
"Why does that cop spend all day making tiny furniture?"
"poo poo, he makes more money selling dollhouse furniture than he does being a cop"

Not wrong there are all. seeing the price of some of the good stuff.

Like i was looking at chairs.

1/4 so like 30cm.

Yeah i dont have $700 US dollars for your chair sorry. My real couch is like a $300 ikea thing...

Most stuff now is over expensive laser cut mdf :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Meskhenet posted:

now im double 1,

That is a hobby I understand and have considered, but I don’t have enough disposable income to enjoy it.

But I do love window shopping on Ali for doll house miniatures and bjd scene dressing.