Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WHA T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Well then

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

one piece owns.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

hatty posted:

Vegapunk transferred his consciousness to a clone or android I'm guessing, hope they dont spend too long on Punk Hazard 2

It's Vegapunk baby we're in for the comparative long haul

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Scholtz posted:

Yeah, about that...

e: holy moley that was fast I wasn't even looking for the chapter this soon

Anyways, guessing that's not actually the Dr. Vegapunk. Either a creation of theirs, judging by the number on her jumpsuit and the numbers on the shark/robo-knight, or Dr. Vegapunk's daughter.
Vegapunk's been referred to as he/him in the past so I would guess it's a brain clone or they've cracked the code of Bonney and Ivankov's devil fruits lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
so is that egg in the background related to the egg on rogers ship?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

:suspense:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm going with they are Vegapunk's kid who is also a doctor.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Cat Machine posted:

Vegapunk's been referred to as he/him in the past so I would guess it's a brain clone or they've cracked the code of Bonney and Ivankov's devil fruits lol

Was Vegapunk actually referred to as a guy in Japanese as well though?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait for Luffy to blow up Egghead like he's Deedee from Dexter's Laboratory.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

He's called "an old man" in Chapter 658.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Franky’s gonna find the pirate button on this base too

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I am really looking forward to see what designs Oda has in store for Egg Head Island. If this chapter is anything to go by, we're gonna see a lot of inspiration taken from classic Japanese fictional robots. Loving the shark as well.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cloks posted:

I am really looking forward to see what designs Oda has in store for Egg Head Island. If this chapter is anything to go by, we're gonna see a lot of inspiration taken from classic Japanese fictional robots. Loving the shark as well.

The panel with the shark below their boat was badass

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This man loves drawing breasts!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 22, 2022

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
Excited for horrific slavery enforced by microSnails implanted directly in the brain island.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cloks posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

He's called "an old man" in Chapter 658.
we've also seen snippets of vegapunk a couple times

her suit also says 'punk 02' on it, implying this isnt the original vegapunk. clone/spare/mechanical body, daughter, both are possibilities, but i cant see any way either of those silhouettes can be the woman that saved zoro and the others.

incidentally, i realize people are usually down on splitting the straw hats up, but personally im fine with jimbei getting some time with luffy. would have chosen franky instead of chopper though, but maybe franky will get focus on his end of things.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I bet there's a whole set of vegapunk children to parallel Judge's children

To further show how much further vegapunk's tech is than Judge's, all his children have proper emotions and stuff like that

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think its a clone or a mechanical version of vegapunk and the "shark" is legitimately the descendant of a shark, hence the programming/base nature comment. vegapunk implanted his will into another body--which ties into how DFs are created.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh, wrt vegapunk's gender, the anime also cast him with a male va for his couples of lines in caesar's flashback, and the anime is usually clued in on stuff like that when it comes to VA casting or similar longterm decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6agMp6hPXdM&t=131s

Endorph fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 22, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also, dang what's up with their right arm?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Between Bonney and Vegapunk, there's going to be a lot of opportunities to reveal answers to some of the big mysteries this arc.

Also, there being multiple Vegapunks who don't necessarily all have knowledge of the same scientific areas or have the same moral outlook would explain a lot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vegapunk is M. Bison and this is Cammy, except he actually got around to the brain transfer.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i can't believe vegapunk is hot

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm already seeing people on other sites speculating that Vegapunk transferred Kuma's consciousness to a different body, and Bonney came to Egghead to rescue Kuma.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
honestly makes sense that we get thrust right into vegapunk. there are startlingly few characters left on the planet that wouldn't react with absurd deference to luffy given his status at this point, but one piece is best told when our cast are outsiders and not constantly in the ascendency. this also would make elbaf and the giants work i think

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I can't believe they introduced Franky's wife

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Vegapunk's a Nami?!

I worry that if this is a clone or mech we're in for the original one being another pervy character.
Anyway, I'm guessing this will be a Zou-style "mind blowing avalanche of exposition" island that's more of breather going into the final saga. The crew doesn't even know what to do right now, since they have no leads on the last poneglyph.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 22, 2022

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
oh poo poo

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
God drat do I love One Piece.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
queue it's happening.gif

:pray: let Franky get some sick scenes this arc. he's already researched a lot of Vegapunk's early works and probably has a pretty good idea of what they're like

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I swear to God some of you mofos were saying we would never see Vegapunk life five pages ago lmao

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
peak fiction finally returned

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Holy poo poo

Also Vegapunk is trans, her island’s even shaped like a giant cracked egg

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

blizzardvizard posted:

Explicitly called an old man at a few points.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vegapunk is a hivemind and is his own laboratory staff.

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

the vengapunk is coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
One Piece Android Saga! All leading to the Gin Games.