Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
His shell monster form was lame so if we get a "final battle" and Maki fucks up this human form in his domain that will be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is maki's powerup that she can now use smash bros. mechanics

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Patware posted:

is maki's powerup that she can now use smash bros. mechanics

when you think about it, her restriction is "fox only/no items/final destination," except the destination is your grave

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

The art was rough this chapter. The panel with katana man looking over his shoulder seemed comically disproportionate. Normally the chaotic paneling is a vibe but it didn't work for me much this time around, it was hard to follow what was happening.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It was kinda hard to follow for a chapter in this series which usually has really readable action.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Officials are out and it’s way easier to track the action now

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I feel like there’s bigger implications with time slowing down in a vowless domain but gege probably won’t touch on it again for another 16 months

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's a nitpick but i've really come to dislike that stilted "the one who x is y!" syntax like you get on the last page of the official translation

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
that’s crazy I think that’s the hardest poo poo ever

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

skipmyseashells posted:

I feel like there’s bigger implications with time slowing down in a vowless domain but gege probably won’t touch on it again for another 16 months

It's the hyberbolic time chamber, but you're only allowed to do sumo.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
*Hyberbolic Sumo Circle

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I notice that Katana guy still has Maki's sword. He's just going to keep it and Maki will forget until she later realizes that she never got it back.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lamebot posted:

It's the hyberbolic time chamber, but you're only allowed to do sumo.

As if you needed to do anything else

Wondering what would have happened if the schoolgirls took him up on the offer

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

As if you needed to do anything else

Wondering what would have happened if the schoolgirls took him up on the offer

SUMO

he’s clearly good at sizing up his opponents so they’d probably get a fun sumo 101 lesson instead of messy death

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

SUMO

he’s clearly good at sizing up his opponents so they’d probably get a fun sumo 101 lesson instead of messy death

Well his power is having normal sumo matches at high speed. All Jujutsu and Cursed Energy is nullified in his ring. (But you have to agree so it’s not a very strong ability for taking out a foe)

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
He loves doing sumo, he's not doing sumo to win.

He's great, these two dumbasses were my intro to the series, and I love them enough that I've been going back and reading earlier chapters, though I haven't quite committed from the beginning yet.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I notice that Katana guy still has Maki's sword. He's just going to keep it and Maki will forget until she later realizes that she never got it back.

you think she CAN get it back????

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, he stepped in when maki was having a lot of trouble. it'd be ungrateful to take it away now.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
He's gonna toss it over to Maki in a brilliant moment of torch passing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

Isn't that the sword that Mai made for Maki with her dying breath.

I sorta do not think Maki would be willing to part with her Mai Sword forever.

It being made via Mai's cursed energy might also explain why the sword was resistant to being wielded by the katana guy at first.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aoi posted:

He loves doing sumo, he's not doing sumo to win.

He's great, these two dumbasses were my intro to the series, and I love them enough that I've been going back and reading earlier chapters, though I haven't quite committed from the beginning yet.

It takes a bit of time to get its bearings and get to where it is
But the point it does is when the manga says:

"No sorceror is 'normal', theyre all weirdo sickos"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4291/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-198

gently caress yeah :unsmigghh:

now we know why Toji was the ultimate sorceror killer. gently caress yeah maki, finally ran out of Zen'ins to kill.
Also drat nice foreshadowing of this ability with how maki was able to pass the colony barriers since domains are advanced barrier techniques.

wonder what and whos next

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

loving finally

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
inanimate objects have souls now? better wait for the official translation

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's just shintoism.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Lmao eat poo poo naoya you piece of poo poo. I'm happy he just got bodied.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
stupid bastard spent his curse-life in a loop of screaming "NOW I AM VICTORIOUS" only to get stabbed in the head

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

so domains that seem mostly about self-buffs like Hakari's would also be effective in a fight against Maki, i'd guess

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
This was hype as poo poo. gently caress Naoya.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Oxxidation posted:

stupid bastard spent his curse-life in a loop of screaming "NOW I AM VICTORIOUS" only to get stabbed in the head

having a ‘you move you die’ domain is pretty busted even among busted domains

now that these two new dudes are halfway dead maki has to go in now with the power-up, it’s just a question of where she shows up after leaving here

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ther auto-hit domains def got nerfed because the rules domains are more fun anyway and I’m ok with it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Its not like the domain is an actual instant kill domain anyways it just seems aggressively good, because you get frozen if you can't match his movements which makes you easy to kill for sure.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This fight was just a explanation/justification for Maki getting a big power up, but it was fun seeing Naoya getting owned again.

I wonder though, if these fights were basically the arc, or if this is just the setup, and now we're gonna go into the meat of the story.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jerkface posted:

Its not like the domain is an actual instant kill domain anyways it just seems aggressively good, because you get frozen if you can't match his movements which makes you easy to kill for sure.

Yeah it just turns his ability from “You get frozen if you don’t move a certain way” to “Your body gets torn to shreds if you don’t move a certain way”, which while very strong isn’t quite an instant win

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

not sad to see projection sorcery probably gone forever at least until kenjaku does it one time as a fun kill prank

maybe seeing it animated will make it seem cool

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RatHat posted:

Yeah it just turns his ability from “You get frozen if you don’t move a certain way” to “Your body gets torn to shreds if you don’t move a certain way”, which while very strong isn’t quite an instant win

This bugged me because IIRC the explanation was something like "a bunch of your cells are frozen, so when you move they don't and just rip you up" but in practice this would just instantly kill you (or at least cause fatal injuries + brain damage) instead of just giving you a bunch of superficial bleeding wounds.

Like if you're going to get really specific with the description like that, the effects should at least be consistent with it.[/spoiler]

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

This bugged me because IIRC the explanation was something like "a bunch of your cells are frozen, so when you move they don't and just rip you up" but in practice this would just instantly kill you (or at least cause fatal injuries + brain damage) instead of just giving you a bunch of superficial bleeding wounds.

Like if you're going to get really specific with the description like that, the effects should at least be consistent with it.[/spoiler]

I mean that is true of most shonen battle injuries even in the best of times, let alone the crazy poo poo that happens in JK.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

i mean kappa took one step and definitely almost died and i think the samurai just let his whole arm come off to get the sword back to maki, not really superficial

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watched JJK 0 for the first time last night now that it's on Crunchyroll, I hadn't read the manga for it either. Liked it a tonne, also was surprised how different true Geto was compared to Kenjaku Geto. He's just much more playful than he is as Kenjaku. Not that he isn't a bit goofy in the main storyline but much less so imo. For people who read 0 before the Shibuya stuff was it obvious there was something different about him? Or just assumed it was because 0 despite being first and canon was maybe not set in stone how everything would be?

Film whipped rear end anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Watched JJK 0 for the first time last night now that it's on Crunchyroll, I hadn't read the manga for it either. Liked it a tonne, also was surprised how different true Geto was compared to Kenjaku Geto. He's just much more playful than he is as Kenjaku. Not that he isn't a bit goofy in the main storyline but much less so imo. For people who read 0 before the Shibuya stuff was it obvious there was something different about him? Or just assumed it was because 0 despite being first and canon was maybe not set in stone how everything would be?

Film whipped rear end anyway.

It seemed relatively obvious to me because he was acting different and also had the giant fuckoff scar.