Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I always pick against Parker and I'm usually wrong but I'm picking against him again.

As for Shakur I'm also excited to see him get to work at 135 sooner than later. Unifying and becoming undisputed is nice but 130 is a stopover division and the real big fish are at higher weights. Stevenson vs Lomachenko would be a hell of a high skills fight and is close to a pick em fight as you ever get in boxing. Haney would make for a similarly intriguing skills matchup although my impression is that he and Shakur are too friendly for that fight to happen immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

LLCoolJD posted:

Joyce-Parker, who do you have winning? If it gets to the cards then I can't imagine Joyce outpointing Parker.

I think Joyce knocks him out. Parker to me is the most ordinary top 10 heavyweight I've seen come down the pipe in awhile. He's got good stamina/chin, but offensively I'm not sure what he really does. He can put decent combinations together against journeymen like Dereck Chisora I guess? I don't see him being able to hurt Joyce at all. He'd have to consummately outbox Joyce over 12 rounds to win, and considering he's gone life and death multiple times with lesser opposition, I don't see that happening.

EDIT: Both guys came in at career high weights, but Joseph came in at 255, which is very heavy for him. Joyce came in at 271, and he's been 270~ before. The weights give me more confidence that Joyce wins this.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 23, 2022

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The only other wildcard I can imagine is that Fury has been helping out Parker, maybe helping him on his anti-Juggernaut strategy. Seems like it'll be tough sledding for him, though.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Shakur won comfortably last night but he also went full Golota on his opponent's testicles. He might struggle if he moves up in weight and faces the big boys.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can you imagine how dull a Haney-Stevenson fight would be?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jump King posted:

Can you imagine how dull a Haney-Stevenson fight would be?

I thought it was an exciting fight.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

“Jab from Haney, great head movement from Stevenson to nullify that, Stevenson fires back with a combination, it doesn’t land but it gets Haney thinking! They’re sizing each other up. Stevenson thr- oh no just some more feints as they continue to circle the ring. Another jab from Haney, this one to Shakur’s body! That might be the biggest punch of the fight! And there’s the bell on round 11. Let’s go to Chris Mannix on the scorecard.”

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Jump King posted:

“Jab from Haney, great head movement from Stevenson to nullify that, Stevenson fires back with a combination, it doesn’t land but it gets Haney thinking! They’re sizing each other up. Stevenson thr- oh no just some more feints as they continue to circle the ring. Another jab from Haney, this one to Shakur’s body! That might be the biggest punch of the fight! And there’s the bell on round 11. Let’s go to Chris Mannix on the scorecard.”

As someone who was at the fight in Newark last night, I want to be mad at this mockery.

I want to, but I can't be.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Jump King posted:

The good news is now that both guys are top rank associated Chris Mannix will be kept far away from the commentary.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I have the Joyce vs Parker feed on ESPN+ and lol the audio from the arena is completely hosed up and drat near silent

The Natch
Feb 16, 2011

oh man i love me some nachos
Joyce boxes like he's covered in treacle

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I don't think Joyce could hang against the top tier of the division of damned if I wouldn't like to see him try.

The Natch
Feb 16, 2011

oh man i love me some nachos

The SituAsian posted:

I don't think Joyce could hang against the top tier of the division of damned if I wouldn't like to see him try.

He needs to do it quickly like he's not getting any younger, and it's not a fight many would want

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Good soup! posted:

I have the Joyce vs Parker feed on ESPN+ and lol the audio from the arena is completely hosed up and drat near silent

yeah usually ESPN has good sound but for whatever reason this poo poo sucked today

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Joyce is a 19 stone heavy handed granite jawed pressure fighter.

Nobody is relishing a fight against this guy.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/MMAJunkie/status/1573787717409939456?t=FwY-l2xO-sIxZ8SUtec0aA&s=19

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

The Natch posted:

Joyce boxes like he's covered in treacle

That's true, but he also never stops disregarding punches, walking people down, and battering them until they relent. I don't see Fury ever fighting him. I'd love to see Wilder fight him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Been saying this. Can't believe Eddie is taking it so personally.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Everyone's lining up after doing the calculus that it's worth what, a couple million of dollars to get stopped by Floyd over a few rounds?
https://twitter.com/Deji/status/1574383730172502023

This is Conor McGregor's true legacy.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So floyd has just straight up recreated the boxing career of John L Sullivan? An endless procession of circus fights undergirding the professional record?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Joyce is a beast. He beats anyone not named Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk. Has a shot against them as well. 6'6 270 with an iron chin, battering ram jab, big power, and 12 round stamina is a very problematic combination for anyone to deal with, despite how slow he is.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1574490936113086484?t=nh2bI16BDcMo8Z577cy1kA&s=19

A far cry from Anthony Joshua (regardless of his recent form) to be sure

EDIT:

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Charr isn’t anywhere close to the top 15 ranking he would need to hold with the WBC in order for that fight to be sanctioned, though I’m sure Charr will mysteriously be ranked in the top 15 sometime this week for no reason.

Had to check this but he's currently #19 now and ahead of him to be 15th are (in order) Jared Anderson, Murat Gassiev, Agit Kabayel and Efe Ajagba so it's not that much of a stretch. Not that it would stop the WBC if he was ranked 15000 but still

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 26, 2022

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Charr isn’t anywhere close to the top 15 ranking he would need to hold with the WBC in order for that fight to be sanctioned, though I’m sure Charr will mysteriously be ranked in the top 15 sometime this week for no reason.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Interesting article on the matter: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.worldboxingnews.net/2022/09/26/fury-vs-charr-wbc-rating-obstacle/%3Famp%3D1

Apparently Charr wasn’t even in the top 40 until a couple of weeks ago, when he was inexplicably moved up to 19 for no apparent reason.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

For what it’s worth Warren, Hearn and Joshua still seem to think the fight can happen. Apparently Fury’s arbitrarily deadline coincided with a broadcaster meeting to negotiate some essential details of the fight, so it wasn’t realistic.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Seems accurate.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Aw man.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1575874929517641730?s=46&t=JwMXYw8xJUxocsiJl8XHEQ

I did not watch this fight. Rest in peace.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Crawford-Spence is likely delayed

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

More like Scarence Coward.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The Ninth Layer posted:

More like Scarence Coward.

Errols gonna beat him

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Not sure what my expectations should be of him at 66, but Ray looks like a shell of himself :(

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjGO8xkg_a6/?igshid=ZDg1NjBiNjg=

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah trying to summon up those fast hands isn't flattering, he could have bad shoulders or whatever else.

Here's him four years ago not going for so much raw dazzle and he looks much better:

https://youtu.be/d2jbZnmKMfo

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 5, 2022

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

http://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1577648003027914753

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ah well. At least their dads were real good.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Apparently Eddie is still trying to make the fight happen lol

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Clomiphene study:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30295816/

quote:

Results: Mean testosterone, LH, and FSH levels increased 146% (SEM, ±23%), 177% (±34%), and 170% (±33%), respectively, during treatment compared with baseline.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Absolutely mental. I love combat sports

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

is that good

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
The toppings contain potassium benzoate…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

GalacticAcid posted:

Apparently Eddie is still trying to make the fight happen lol

http://twitter.com/EddieHearn/status/1578038670946631682