Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

they're probably saving it for later, since datamining has revealed there's going to be some kind of story thing with both her and amber. specifically in the handful of 'about X' voicelines coming in 3.1 there's one for amber about collei that you have to complete a questline to unlock??? so it's probably being saved until after whatever that's about happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They probably got enough data that the percentage rate for doing hangouts (especially doing all the endings) ain't worth the effort over putting more of the workflow into the archon story itself.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

With the exception of Senti, the latest meta supports have pretty much all been farmable A-rank battlesuits like Griseo, Pardofelis, or Fischl Genshinimpact. Rather than rolling the gacha for supports you're meant to be farming them for free (and then slowly continuing to farm them up to SSS rank) and then rolling the equipment gacha to get weapons/stigmata to put on your free supports. Long term players say getting the good gacha stigmata for your supports is actually more important than rolling the ones for your main DPS, since there are a lot of "pretty good" farmable/craftable DPS stigmata but the free support ones are a lot weaker than the best gacha ones.

The upcoming Sushang is actually an S-rank support, which they haven't done in a while, but she's still farmable -- you can buy her for ancient legacies from memorial arena. So again you're "meant" to roll for the gear not the character.

And yeah rolling dupes to go for SS or SSS rank on gacha only units is firmly in whale territory, it's not really worth it and definitely not worth it if you haven't rolled a full set of their gacha equipment yet.

I had this thread open in a tab and opened the tab, saw "Genshin Impact" in the header, and then read this post and thought I was having a stroke.

Once I got to "stigmata" (and saw the previous posts) I finally gathered that this was about Honkai Impact (which has one of the most bizarre and intimidating gacha systems I've ever encountered).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mix. posted:

they're probably saving it for later, since datamining has revealed there's going to be some kind of story thing with both her and amber. specifically in the handful of 'about X' voicelines coming in 3.1 there's one for amber about collei that you have to complete a questline to unlock??? so it's probably being saved until after whatever that's about happens

Yes excellent.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tae posted:

They probably got enough data that the percentage rate for doing hangouts (especially doing all the endings) ain't worth the effort over putting more of the workflow into the archon story itself.

There are way too many of them already.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been trying to analyze the Sumeru sparkles.

https://i.imgur.com/LmgERW5.mp4

You've probably seen this sometimes. You get a green sparkle, with a sound effect, but nothing happens. Poking around that area can make the sparkle keep happening.

I've figured out that there are lines on the map which, when crossed, set off the sparkle. I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I'm leaning towards bug. The video clip there shows a spot near the hairdreser where two of them converge.

I'm gonna go ahead and call these 'leylines'.

I've found these three, but I think there are more. The one just to the east of Akedemiya will active if you're moving east, but not west. You can easily see this by walking back and forth across the bridge to their front door.

/edit it isn't just two lines touching, there's just a box around Ghanda hill. The line along the north edge only activates while moving south

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 25, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've definitely gotten that in the west and south sides of playable Sumeru

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Alright, the leylines are definitely boxes. These are the two I mapped out.

Step into a box, get a sparkle.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 25, 2022

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I'd been assuming it was meant to be the akasha ear thingy spawning when you entered Sumeru but it wasn't working properly.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I don't get sparkles in the bottom box you marked, but the one around the city is dead on. Interesting

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I don't see anything in either of those places. Must depend on your quest progression or something.

My uncle works at Mihoyo, and he told me they're part of the elaborate 2nd anniversary ARG that's coming in patch 3.1.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

At the center of each box is a dream arch thingy.

CASE CLOSED and now my brain will surely allow me to sleep

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Actually if you take off your Akasha terminal you'll see they are Celestial towers beaming the words BUY PRIMOGEMS into the sky.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Maxwell Adams posted:

Your contributions to knowledge will surely be appreciated by the Akademiya

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't get sparkles in the bottom box you marked, but the one around the city is dead on. Interesting

Just checked in game, and the one I wasn't seeing sparkles for was one I hadn't done yet. So sparkles = completed arch

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Nice QA, Miho¥o. Can't believe you're already rushing the desert out the door when the forest is still unplayable because of bugs like this.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Maxwell Adams posted:

Ohhh I guess that's the area where the challenge will end immediately if you leave then?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Ohhh I guess that's the area where the challenge will end immediately if you leave then?

gotta be way smaller than that.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I just unlocked the Sumeru reputation quest stuff. I was hoping to also be able to set daily commissions to Sumeru but it isn't available as an option. Do I need to do more story or wait for a game update?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think you have to be at rep 2, then wait overnight irl

I'm wrong lol

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 25, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

I just unlocked the Sumeru reputation quest stuff. I was hoping to also be able to set daily commissions to Sumeru but it isn't available as an option. Do I need to do more story or wait for a game update?

commissions are linked to the archon questline, and unlock on the following daily reset after finishing up

no rep needed

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Qwertycoatl posted:

There's a short quest to talk to Kathryn after you finish act II of the archon's questline. Then the option to select Sumeru opens up.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Is there a ton of required questing between the Liyue boss and not-Japan? Or can I just go there (and if so, how)?

Beat said boss last night and was excited to see the new area today but the game instead is sending me all over the place with some blond guy who is being incredibly unsubtle about the fate of the MC’s sibling. I like that the main plot is finally coming back but it almost feels like I accidentally started a long side quest chain that has nothing to do with the new region.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just fought against a Hydrogunner and Cryogunner tag team. That was a uniquely unpleasent experience!

Then as soon as the Hydrogunner was dead (or maybe earlier, I wasn't paying attention due to obvious reasons), it started raining :shepicide:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Leathal posted:

Is there a ton of required questing between the Liyue boss and not-Japan? Or can I just go there (and if so, how)?

Beat said boss last night and was excited to see the new area today but the game instead is sending me all over the place with some blond guy who is being incredibly unsubtle about the fate of the MC’s sibling. I like that the main plot is finally coming back but it almost feels like I accidentally started a long side quest chain that has nothing to do with the new region.

It's not too far, but you need to start a quest because not-Japan is surrounded by storms and you can't just Kaeya-bridge your way into it.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

gotta be way smaller than that.

I wonder if they’re gonna do more with the dreamworld idea and put in more Vanarama style content that requires you to flip between the normal and dream worlds over all of Sumeru?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I wonder if they’re gonna do more with the dreamworld idea and put in more Vanarama style content that requires you to flip between the normal and dream worlds over all of Sumeru?
Flip between two worlds? Do you mean Enkanomiya?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Leathal posted:

As someone who was largely in the same boat recently I can tell you there's about 1-3 hours of quests that you need to do to get the main access to Inazuma after beating that boss, depending on how quickly you run stuff and if you already did the side story stuff that you need to advance the main plot -or if you have any npcs tied up in other quests. Also be aware the questline doesn't end as soon as you get to Inazuma, you'll be fenced off to the place you start in until you advance the story a bit.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Leathal posted:

Dainsleif is actually a required part of the main quest, but the UI really makes it seem like a sidequest. Then I think there's one more quest arc before you get to ride the boat to Japan.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

candace demo trailer out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5ZlOtLzKU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is it possible to get all the Aranara chests? From what I can tell, I was only able to unlock like 5 or 6 of them, which seems really weird; I can't imagine that it's actually the case that I've only found less than half of them. I still occasionally find stuff in the overworld, but it's reached the point that it's very rare. My exploration % is 80-95% in every Sumeru zone (except Lost Nursery; I should probably search around there some, only at 62%).

edit: Oh gently caress yes, just noticed this next banner actually has two 4*s I really want.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 26, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Have the spreadsheet touchers figured out what weapons will be good for Candace? I've got a Skyward Spine just lying around.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Ytlaya posted:

Is it possible to get all the Aranara chests?
Yeah.

Ytlaya posted:

From what I can tell, I was only able to unlock like 5 or 6 of them, which seems really weird; I can't imagine that it's actually the case that I've only found less than half of them.
:mrgw:

Ytlaya posted:

I still occasionally find stuff in the overworld, but it's reached the point that it's very rare. My exploration % is 80-95% in every Sumeru zone (except Lost Nursery; I should probably search around there some, only at 62%).
My exploration is at 100% in all zones, with 551/572 chests and all of the stuff like dendroculus all maxed out. And I'm still missing a couple of aranaras! I'm just about ready to give up. I probably would have given up already, if I really cared about what was in those chests.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Just rolled another bow character and oh right this is an anime game so of course it has a preteen cat girl bartender. :catdrugs:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Dainsleif is actually a required part of the main quest, but the UI really makes it seem like a sidequest. Then I think there's one more quest arc before you get to ride the boat to Japan.

Yeah the quest UI got real wacky after I killed the boss.

It threw 3-4 new quests at me, all named stuff like Part I Interlude: Ch 33.3 Repeating, and only one of the quests were actually unlocked. Was super confusing since I already had Liyue sidequests ready to go before even beating Stormterror.

I’m honestly really digging these Dainsleif quests so I don’t mind having to wait a bit longer. Upside down statues with corpses kneeling in front of them is metal as hell.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Seeing as this is the thread for all things MiHoYo, what's up with Honkai Star Rail? Have they announced a release date for it yet? I keep seeing character images and stuff but have heard nothing about the game at all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
0 new info, they're doing another beta, that game ain't coming out for another year probably

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Maxwell Adams posted:

Have the spreadsheet touchers figured out what weapons will be good for Candace? I've got a Skyward Spine just lying around.

Her damage is all HP scaling, and her buffs are mostly flat values besides some hp scaling on her A4 passive. Hope you kept a second black tassel around!

Realistically though Favonius will probably be best. The scaling on her A4 buff seems pretty low, she'll probably be like a Gorou-type character where you want them to have enough ER to burst on cd and the rest of their stats basically don't matter and are bottom priority on the team. And Fav benefits the whole team. Skyward Spine is just plan worse than Favonius for this use case but if you already have your only Fav spear in use elsewhere it's not awful just as an ER statstick.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 26, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
MiHoYo please let me turn the Travel Geo Rocks into Acme Safes.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Leathal posted:

Just rolled another bow character and oh right this is an anime game so of course it has a preteen cat girl bartender. :catdrugs:

Yeah the quest UI got real wacky after I killed the boss.

It threw 3-4 new quests at me, all named stuff like Part I Interlude: Ch 33.3 Repeating, and only one of the quests were actually unlocked. Was super confusing since I already had Liyue sidequests ready to go before even beating Stormterror.

I’m honestly really digging these Dainsleif quests so I don’t mind having to wait a bit longer. Upside down statues with corpses kneeling in front of them is metal as hell.

Okay, the "archon" quest stuff that says Interlude? You can actually ignore that if you want, and in fact the second Interlude quest act is locked until after Inazuma's main plot anyway. Those were both added in after most of Inazuma was, but for some reason you're able to (Interlude 1 spoilers) help rebuild the Jade Chamber almost immediately after it got boss dropped. Neither of those are required to unlock Inazuma. In fact so far they're not required to unlock anything yet aside from a few minor sidequests, yet they still get to clog up your quest log for the entire Inazuma arc anyway.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

The event was kind of weird overall in that the characters provided mostly didn't matter and the challenges were pretty much variations of the same thing. I hope they're testing tech for a future game mode or even a character (minus the time stop)

Welp, this apparently is coming true sooner than I thought 👀

Nahida kit leaks are starting to coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

[looking at the nahida leaks/constellation details] :dogstare:

goddammit i really want cyno but nahida seems..... really good