Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RubberLuffy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Si967iTDk

Official english dub version of last months trailer

i was partly hoping for them to get meta with it and have kari wahlgren as makima, but it was a long shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Is the dubs audio mix bad or am I imagining it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Characters do have inconsistent quality.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Just re-read volume one and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Yoshida is the Skin Devil. He's the one who said that the hitman brothers "could be any one of us". The creepy scene where he kills one of the two remaining brothers just off-screen could be read multiple ways, especially as that brother had just resolved to take revenge against the Skin Demon. The "You...!" immediately afterward was probably intended to read as him running into Yoshida, who had tracked him down, but there is no definitive indication that Yoshida even noticed the brothers in the nearby crowd (and why would he hunt them down by himself in a dangerous situation with multiple assassins?). I'd argue that the "You...!" can also be read as the brother running into the Skin Demon (as "Yoshida"), who'd heard him talking poo poo and decided to teach him a lesson. The "I guess a pro wouldn't puke" comment could either be Yoshida believing the lone surviving brother, Yoshida deciding to let him off the hook (unlikely, given the vibe he was giving off), or the Skin Devil letting him know that he's now beneath his notice.

Currently, Yoshida represents an organization that claims to have an interest in Denji "living a peaceful life" and "not changing into the Chainsaw Man." Right now we know of one 'organization' with similar goals, and it's Devils.

The counterargument would be that Yoshida was shown using the Octopus Devil after that, but perhaps it's possible that the Skin Devil is able to make use of pacts in human form, or could imitate living humans (in contrast to the brothers who could only imitate corpses) and that was the real Yoshida at that point in the story.

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 21, 2022

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1572602457032884232?s=20&t=gjXrSVrmMt3kYyIdzScTOw

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
My friend drew Denji's Bar Mitzvah.

You can see more of their art at http://ilanablady.me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nice

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
This is right up my alley. That's hilarious thank you

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/CSPerfectShot/status/1574528028352606208?s=20&t=Vnlt1ICmrxs4fRGvfsw5_Q

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

"Denji's Bar Mitzvah" is a combination of words I never even imagined and your friend did an amazing job making that a reality.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Denji’s Bar Mitzvah raises questions about how his regeneration would interact with circumcision requirements

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Denjis Bar Mitzva
Spooky scary
Men becoming devils
Devils becoming chainsaws

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

thetoughestbean posted:

Denji’s Bar Mitzvah raises questions about how his regeneration would interact with circumcision requirements

The questions posed by Fire Punch remain in Fujimoto’s works forever

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New chapter out on the app.

That escalated quickly.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-105/chapter/25500?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013774

:stare:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
don't come to school tomorrow, some of you guys are alright

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

So Chainsawman is just gonna be wacky high school romcom hijinks from now on I guess?

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Holy Frijoles :catstare:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Poor Asa.

War Devil throwing a tantrum over being called stupid...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We were all waiting for the other shoe to drop on Yuko, but I don't think any of us expected it to drop like this.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i don't know what i was expecting from that chapter but it wasn't all of that, god drat. Asa slowly frowning after Yuko tells her she's murdered someone is such a slight but fine detail, Fujimoto is just purely ftw.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:stare:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I was expecting it but still Yuko no :ohdear: :catstare:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely lmao at asa not believing denji because no one would be stupid enough to out themselves as chainsaw man

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

All of these children are the dumbest motherfuckers imaginable and I am here for it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao I'm just gonna put my seat belt on now instead of later.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Holy poo poo. :stare:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

symbolic posted:

Fujimoto is just purely ftw.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

at least she doesnt have to think about how to make a devil show up at school now

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

lmao

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Oh my loving God.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Fujimoto is really taking inspiration from american things huh

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That last line absolutely blew me away.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That loving last page had me crying lolling irl

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

cuntman.net posted:

at least she doesnt have to think about how to make a devil show up at school now

i guess it's possible yoru influenced the situation somehow. seems like a lot of time passed on the roof based on the shadows at the end, so maybe there was some mind fuckery context that was conveniently skipped over with those intervening city skyline shots. definitely also possible fujimoto just thought it would be cool to slowly sink the scene into darkness

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

wondering if Yuko will end up reading Denji's mind and then we have two people trying to convince Asa that he's Chainsaw Man

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yuko was so obviously introduced just to become friends with Asa and then traumatize her further when she does something/something happens to her, that I am almost disappointed that there is no twist and it's exactly what has been going on. Although that's a hell of an execution. :stare:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Fungah! posted:

absolutely lmao at asa not believing denji because no one would be stupid enough to out themselves as chainsaw man

the best part is pointing out that he’s calling himself a Chainsaw Man fan and wearing a shirt too, because who would be such a loving loser to do that and be Chainsaw Man?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Scallop Eyes posted:

Fujimoto is really taking inspiration from american things huh

School shootings and people spending welfare on gambling. Fujimoto woke up and decided to make "justice" a motif.

Last Celebration posted:

the best part is pointing out that he’s calling himself a Chainsaw Man fan and wearing a shirt too, because who would be such a loving loser to do that and be Chainsaw Man?

If anything, I am surprised that superhero satire/parody has not capitalized on this kind of scenario yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How is Asa going to get out of this jam?