Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Last Celebration posted:

the best part is pointing out that he’s calling himself a Chainsaw Man fan and wearing a shirt too, because who would be such a loving loser to do that and be Chainsaw Man?

It's so good

and then nothing else happened what a nice story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flair posted:

School shootings and people spending welfare on gambling. Fujimoto woke up and decided to make "justice" a motif.

If anything, I am surprised that superhero satire/parody has not capitalized on this kind of scenario yet.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

the best part is pointing out that he’s calling himself a Chainsaw Man fan and wearing a shirt too, because who would be such a loving loser to do that and be Chainsaw Man?

It is worth pointing out that this is the second time Justice Devil took its time to gently caress with Asa. Wouldn't be surprised if it's holding a grudge.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

i literally cannot wait for next chapter why does it have to be 14 days

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lt. Lizard posted:

It is worth pointing out that this is the second time Justice Devil took its time to gently caress with Asa. Wouldn't be surprised if it's holding a grudge.

I am unsure if the people the justice devil contracts with are being manipulated. Like was her sense of "justice" so strong beforehand she was ok with murder or is she basically being mind controlled via a hyper inflated sense of justice from the devil?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Bucky's murder must not go unpunished :colbert:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Oh boy that latest chapter :popeye:

Denji's Bar Mitzvah, part 3

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

All of these children are the dumbest motherfuckers imaginable and I am here for it

Maybe everyone else is, but Denji watches educational tv every day.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Holy poo poo Yuko

E: I would put money on Fujimoto having recently watched Heathers

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 27, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I shouldn’t watch this crap, that’s not who I am
But this kid…

*glances at Denji eating ramen by shoving his entire face into it like a dog bowl, suffering second-degree burns*

daaaa-aaaaamn

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
poor asa just wants a friend. it can't be coincidence that the justice devil is showing up again?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:stare: Oh this got so dark so quickly.

I felt my stomach drop, if you've read the most recent chapter I think you know when and why.

Asa just can't catch a break can she?

Not Important posted:

Oh boy that latest chapter :popeye:

Denji's Bar Mitzvah, part 3

Brilliant art you got there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:stare: Oh this got so dark so quickly.

I felt my stomach drop, if you've read the most recent chapter I think you know when and why.

Asa just can't catch a break can she?

Brilliant art you got there.

Are you kidding? She is going to get a weapon contracted to the Justice Devil. Best day ever.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Are you kidding? She is going to get a weapon contracted to the Justice Devil. Best day ever.

That's a good day for Yoru. Asa is still having a bad time.

Also, I do remember seeing speculation that Yuko would die to provide a body for the Blood Devil. If so, this kind of empathetically challenged and justice focused homicidal mania definitely feels like some traits that would play well off Denji moving forward.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Wild detail I just noticed on rereading: The War Devil doesn’t remember World war 2.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I’m guessing whatever happens with Yuko is going to be used to establish the ground rules of what Yoru can and cannot do with friend-weapons. Teacher and class president weren’t around long enough to explain much and it’s probably going to be pretty important. Also, poor Asa. Getting a loser boyfriend at the cost of her bestie.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Wild detail I just noticed on rereading: The War Devil doesn’t remember World war 2.

Chainsaw devil ate the Nazi devil.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The pacing (is that what you call it? when it's a comic and not a movie do you say "layout"?) in this comic is so good, you can FEEL the awkward silence when things go from "two friends bonding and having a great time!" to "Don't come to school tomorrow! Haha, gonna kill a lot of people!"

ImpAtom posted:

I mean sure, things are going great for Yoru. She gets a rad new weapon AND a way to lure Chainsaw Man to school! Asa, meanwhile, is screwed over once again by the Justice Devil. Why can't that guy just leave her alone?!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

I mean sure, things are going great for Yoru. She gets a rad new weapon AND a way to lure Chainsaw Man to school! Asa, meanwhile, is screwed over once again by the Justice Devil. Why can't that guy just leave her alone?!

Chainsaw Man: Is this guy bothering you?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, the Justice Devil's primary goal in life is to give power to teenage girls so that they can commit acts of massive violence that may or may not do any good at all?

I think I know what he looks like.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Eggplant Squire posted:

I am unsure if the people the justice devil contracts with are being manipulated. Like was her sense of "justice" so strong beforehand she was ok with murder or is she basically being mind controlled via a hyper inflated sense of justice from the devil?

Thinking about it, how the hell did Yuko even established a contract with Justice Devil, considering it was sent to Hell like...two? three? days ago by Yoru. That's a bit fast for a natural turnover back to Earth. And in the exact same location too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Lt. Lizard posted:

Thinking about it, how the hell did Yuko even established a contract with Justice Devil, considering it was sent to Hell like...two? three? days ago by Yoru. That's a bit fast for a natural turnover back to Earth. And in the exact same location too.

The Justice Devil wasn't killed the classmate just made a contract with it as well.

"I made a contract with the Justice Devil to find out how to reach my happy ending with Mr. Tanaka!"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

That loving last page had me crying lolling irl

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

That wasn’t the Justice Devil. It was just the class president using her contract powers. That won’t kill the Justice Devil any more than Aki dying killed the Future Devil.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

chiasaur11 posted:

So, the Justice Devil's primary goal in life is to give power to teenage girls so that they can commit acts of massive violence that may or may not do any good at all?

Close, but I'm pretty sure it's

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jerkface posted:

The Justice Devil wasn't killed the classmate just made a contract with it as well.

"I made a contract with the Justice Devil to find out how to reach my happy ending with Mr. Tanaka!"

Ah right, between Yoru, Denji, Makima and Power I kinda forgot that most Devils aren't actually personally involved with the people they make contract with and just remotely grant them powers . :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jerkface posted:

i literally cannot wait for next chapter why does it have to be 14 days

You know what else happens in 14 days???

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

chiasaur11 posted:

Ahem

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is it too early to label this part of Chainsaw man "The Justice Devil arc"?

Going back and rereading some of the things Yuko says in earlier chapters hit really differently now. This is a well-written comic.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

chiasaur11 posted:

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

You know what else happens in 14 days???

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yea

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

The pacing (is that what you call it? when it's a comic and not a movie do you say "layout"?) in this comic is so good

"Pacing" and "Layout" are both terms used when discussing comics that mean different things. In movie terms, think of them like pacing and composition. Layout is, as you probably can imagine, the actual layout of the panels - their size, position, number, etc - also called Paneling. The pacing of a comic is similar to pacing in a movie - how quickly the comic moves along, and the moments it chooses to linger on or rush through. A comic's paneling helps contribute to the pacing, as does the actual composition of the art itself, the amount of text and how easy that text is to understand, etc. Fujimoto is quite skilled at both of these concepts to set just the perfect moods and tones.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

How am I supposed to wait another week after that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CodfishCartographer posted:

"Pacing" and "Layout" are both terms used when discussing comics that mean different things. In movie terms, think of them like pacing and composition. Layout is, as you probably can imagine, the actual layout of the panels - their size, position, number, etc - also called Paneling. The pacing of a comic is similar to pacing in a movie - how quickly the comic moves along, and the moments it chooses to linger on or rush through. A comic's paneling helps contribute to the pacing, as does the actual composition of the art itself, the amount of text and how easy that text is to understand, etc. Fujimoto is quite skilled at both of these concepts to set just the perfect moods and tones.

I appreciate you providing better words I can use to describe things I like and why I like them in the future.

It's truly impressive how tense and dynamic this chapter manages to be even though the majority of it is just two people sitting in lawn chairs and talking.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
stupid theory that's probably wrong: what if denji isn't chainsawman anymore?

we haven't seen his starter cord or a direct transformation, and he's trying really hard to make people think he's chainsawman, without just turning into chainsawman

Hace fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 28, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hace posted:

stupid theory that's probably wrong: what if denji isn't chainsawman anymore?

then the chainsaw devil would be active instead, and pochita looks way different when he’s working solo

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
idk, the pochita heart was able to work independently of denji, and it still basically just looked like him in his usual form

e: or someone else could have adopted pochita

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hace posted:

idk, the pochita heart was able to work independently of denji, and it still basically just looked like him in his usual form

e: or someone else could have adopted pochita

Nope. Metal arms. People noticed it when the final fight was going on, and just chalked it down to a powerup.

Considering Chainsaw Man acts like Denji, dropped a button from Denji's school uniform, and has the same phone number as Denji... I don't think there's a need for an alternative hypothesis right now.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
ah, I totally missed the metal arms in the final battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well that was a twist I wasn't expecting.