Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyuv2fCxAGM

Wow. This guy does some cool stuff but this one really seems to be next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Rumor of some new Lord of the Rings sets. :fap:
Dunno how reliable this site is though.
https://www.promobricks.de/lego-herr-der-ringe-2023-erste-infos/149521/
I'm especially excited for Gandalf vs Balrog. It was the biggest exclusion from the original run IMO.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

At that price those have gotta be BrickHeadz, right?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
That’s what the translation of the article would suggest, and it seems to make sense for the price point. The article goes on to suggest there may be a larger set released later in the year.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Promobricks is pretty good

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

At that price those have gotta be BrickHeadz, right?

I'd guess that too, but I am hoping for something like this for the Balrog.
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/venom-figure-76230

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

deoju posted:

Rumor of some new Lord of the Rings sets. :fap:
Dunno how reliable this site is though.
https://www.promobricks.de/lego-herr-der-ringe-2023-erste-infos/149521/
I'm especially excited for Gandalf vs Balrog. It was the biggest exclusion from the original run IMO.

Promobricks is usually spot on.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
official pics of the Razor Crest.
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2022/09/26/lego-star-wars-reveals-75331-the-razor-crest-as-next-ultimate-collector-series-ucs-set-news/

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

$899 AUD. Strewth.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

it just occured to me how perfect Dom's charger would be to mod into a Mad Max Interceptor
Followup to this: just saw this on Citizen Brick

https://citizenbrick.com/collections/minifigs/products/post-apocalyptic-wasteland-cop

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Weirdly I've yet to see any pictures of this without the landing gear folded down. Even the box art has it. Which would lead me to believe that they don't fold up, except the official description says this "Once built, you can proudly display your LEGO Star Wars creation with an innovative stand and information plaque." And I also don't see any pics of this innovative stand?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

I have this guy and he’s pretty good. I mean all their stuff is so that’s no shock.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It's a real nice ship, but it's also $600. So I'll just keep my heavily modified version of the one they released before which was also a pretty nice ship.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

PriorMarcus posted:

Weirdly I've yet to see any pictures of this without the landing gear folded down. Even the box art has it. Which would lead me to believe that they don't fold up, except the official description says this "Once built, you can proudly display your LEGO Star Wars creation with an innovative stand and information plaque." And I also don't see any pics of this innovative stand?
Good observations. The landing gear absolutely does not look retractable, and the stand must simply mean the base of the plaque where the minifigs chill. After all, it doesn't say you can display the ship USING a stand, just WITH a stand.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The ship is landing. So it's both in the air and the gear is down

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gonna be a new Ideas GWP starting 10/1. $120 for some castaway set. Would be nice if it was $100 so it could piggyback main street.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/c5d7577b-fcbe-4ddc-9b97-79d3f57d8064

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Waltzing Along posted:

Gonna be a new Ideas GWP starting 10/1. $120 for some castaway set. Would be nice if it was $100 so it could piggyback main street.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/c5d7577b-fcbe-4ddc-9b97-79d3f57d8064

I think it looks great. Question is - im going to buy the van Gogh again - should I press my luck and hope for a better gwp around black Friday? Is there usually a best time to get them?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I love that Razors Crest. But I can by so many sets for that. Good lord.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like they switched to paper bags for magazine promos. Possibly our first look at what the CMF bags will look like too?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The real question is, how much would it cost in parts to make the exterior of the Razor Crest in complete silver pieces?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

obi_ant posted:

The real question is, how much would it cost in parts to make the exterior of the Razor Crest in complete silver pieces?

$8 can of Krylon chrome paint.

:unsmigghh:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

obi_ant posted:

I’m sure many of those pieces just don’t exist

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Ugh, yet another big set that I really like but would have to do some serious mental gymnastics to validate the purchase. I'd honestly probably go to my local Lego store on release day if it came with a unique Dark Saber GWP, at very least as a way to make some of my money back in a year or two.
And there I go starting up the gymnastics :dance:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mastershakeman posted:

I think it looks great. Question is - im going to buy the van Gogh again - should I press my luck and hope for a better gwp around black Friday? Is there usually a best time to get them?

Black Friday should be double points and a Xmas GWP. That hasn't been revealed yet. And there is usually a double points in early December, as well. And that one sometimes has a second Xmas GWP. The problem being, that the last two years pretty much everything was sold out. Maybe things will be different this year. Hopefully.

Until two years ago, it wasn't a big deal getting anything around the holidays. But for some reason, during Covid, people have gone crazy with reselling.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

RatHat posted:

Looks like they switched to paper bags for magazine promos. Possibly our first look at what the CMF bags will look like too?

They've already said they're doing little cardboard boxes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh right, it was parts bags that were being changed to paper.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ha that looks great. Even the same hairpiece I was planning on using. I didn't look at the original pic of the whole car yet, because I'm worried I'll crib from it too much so I'm just gonna wing it and check it out after.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
File this one under "not sure why anyone would need this, but it's here anyway" but there is a thread on Eurobricks I occasionally update that I post my Speed Champions cars to, just like here. The difference is I keep the OP updated with every new car I add, and I also use it as a change log as I update older models, so older versions of builds are chronicled there as well. It's the only place I have this kinda stuff organized as such, so figured it may be interesting to someone.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, I really liked building the Countach. The back end is so dang juicy. For $25 I couldn't be happier.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Nice. They did a three pack of Max, Furiosa, and Nux from Fury Road years ago that I'm still kicking myself for missing.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Literally A Person posted:

Okay, I really liked building the Countach. The back end is so dang juicy. For $25 I couldn't be happier.

Speed Champions are the perfect impulse buy.

The Aston Martin and Ferrari 512 are great too.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

RatHat posted:

Oh right, it was parts bags that were being changed to paper.

The newest Super Mario enemy blind bag things are in cardboard boxes now too. I don't care for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So I opted to just build this instead of trying to do my own. It's drat good. Definetly want to get in there and change a few things with parts that weren't included in the set, but this is a really good way to get a cheap and easy pursuit special.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Got the idea in my head and had to build it. Mostly just a mod of the official Charger, but I had to change a surprising amount just to make orange work, plus the rest of the stuff.

The Transgenderal Lee

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hell yeah.

Just some good ol' girls,
Never meaning no harm.
:banjo:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like Double VIP points start October 10th and until the 13th there will also be 2 GWP(The castaway ideas set and the Spooky VIP add on pack), so if you intend to buy anything doing it between the 10th and 13th is your best time.

Of course it’s possible the GWP are out of stock by then but they seem to be producing enough of them recently that that doesn’t happen

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's definitely a gamble. The castaway starts on the 1st. When does the spooky one start? What is the price point for it?

It's $120 for the castaway so a $6 gamble on it staying available.

E: what is the source for the double VIP and the spooky set?

E2: I see 10/10/21 has a double VIP w/ spooky set. Two years in a row, or general confusion?

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 28, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waltzing Along posted:

It's definitely a gamble. The castaway starts on the 1st. When does the spooky one start? What is the price point for it?

It's $120 for the castaway so a $6 gamble on it staying available.

E: what is the source for the double VIP and the spooky set?

E2: I see 10/10/21 has a double VIP w/ spooky set. Two years in a row, or general confusion?

There’s a Halloween 3-in-1 set that starts as a GWP after the Castaway one ends on the 13th but the one I meant was the Add-on pack like the previous Pirate one

As for the source I follow this channel that always reports when the promos leak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y0vIuR2pDQ

Here's the calendar

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 28, 2022

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Carbohydrates posted:

Got the idea in my head and had to build it. Mostly just a mod of the official Charger, but I had to change a surprising amount just to make orange work, plus the rest of the stuff.

The Transgenderal Lee

Fantastic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

The Transgenderal Lee

drat that looks great

I did a quick pass over on that Interceptor moc to get rid of some of the stuff that was obviously done out of necessity, like the asymmetry and some of the details. I'll probably give it another pass for some stability stuff and a few more details I'd like to clean up but the original builder really nailed the shape using only the charger, which is really impressive. I'm glad you posted that, because I think I'd have spent days working on it and ending up with a similar result.

One thing I'd like to do is use gold 1x2 grill parts for the front headlights because it seems so perfect. But getting them at the right angle is going to be tough without compromising the look. If only Lego made studded 1x2 cheese wedges... :v:

Here's some terrible pics that make it look covered in dust even though it's not.

Fury Road act 1 mad max currently driving it