Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Something coming up in a few days:

https://twitter.com/trigger_inc/status/1574996501369344002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I love that fisheye shot of Lucy doing the breach mini game

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Cuts short. Full song here:

Ranzear posted:

Nup, this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGYlj-VsM2s

Spoilers in comments btw.

They do have a bandcamp but I couldn't find it on there either.

:black101:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Nice avatar, Choom

:cheers: had to find this thread to make sure i wasnt stealin someones swag

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is pretty much the only thing stopping me, and Xenoblade 3 being the longest game with the most stuff to do, ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JILxefP5Ik&t=13s

this looks so awesome!! i never messed w/quickhacks at all the first time around

Is that the monowire? has it been changed cause it looks badass now

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
The anime tie ins are nice and tasteful from what ive read, but i better have a quest that lets me visit the moon and hop around outside in the expansion

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1575142892489801735?t=uTF7Crysyq9BP3p-FMsyJQ&s=19

Lotta people playing right now.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Caros posted:

Same.

I get why it had a bad rep, if I bought a AAA game and it straight didn't run on the system I bought it for, I'd be loving pissed. Ps4/Xbox users were a huge part of that marketshare and they basically all got hosed over.

Me, I played it on a relative potato PC, and while the graphics had to be cranked down to get it to run even moderately smoothly, it was one of the best gaming experiences I've had. In particular, the conversation with Skye in the midgame (Spoilers for early game plot in the clip) is one of the most impactful quest dialogues I've ever seen in a game. V heads to what is portrayed as a sex worker and end up having a thoughtful, meaningful conversation about death. About how she is afraid not only just of leaving the world without a mark, but about how she is actually scared of dying. It is something that I don't think I've ever seen a videogame like this handle, and then at the end of it you say a safeword, the 'doll' snaps out of her trance and this quiet, intimate moment is flooded with light and fear. I had to get up and walk away from the PC because it was that effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p92kjVBL0Q

I’d say it was a good game. It was just wildly buggy. I practically couldn’t walk anywhere without some visual or physics or npc bug constantly in view. just constantly torpedoing any immersion the game managed to set up

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I AM BRAWW posted:

Is that the monowire? has it been changed cause it looks badass now

The one thing about these "What if I make this character's build" builds is they all go for a level 50 max everything max cyberware all legendary setup which is just silly. Second Heart, three layers of reinforced skin, and an Krenzekov aren't things that you'd associate with the character, and a level 30 netrunner with like 3 pieces of cyberware will still delete everyone easily.

e; If I were to do a character build it would be Arasaka Mk.4, Epic Monowire, Rare Self-Ice, and Rare Ram Upgrade, maybe the legendary Ex-Disk if I'm feeling generous. Common Biomonitor. Rare Synapic Accelerator. 40 SC, Level 31 w/ 4 body, 14 reflex, 18 int, 4 tech and 12 cool, which should give you around 58 perk points mostly in breach protocol and quickhacking, with the remainder split evenly between cold blood and blades, a few tokens in ninjitsu for utility.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Tabletops posted:

I’d say it was a good game. It was just wildly buggy. I practically couldn’t walk anywhere without some visual or physics or npc bug constantly in view. just constantly torpedoing any immersion the game managed to set up

I'm one of the nerds who joined in on it after watching Edgerunners, and on an Xbox One X I've only seen one or two out of place texture drops and/or T-poses. Unfortunately one texture gently caress-up was during the compilation cut with Jackie's mom so I had no idea who she was later in-game, but the T-pose was with a training dummy in a tutorial so whatever.

Overall it's a hell of a game and I've really come to enjoy it. Edgerunners was a hell of a good show, to boot, though I agree with the premise that David sure was dumb for being such a bright kid. Also, insofar in the game I have a character who has more cyberware than David and my dude is totally fine yes I know what happens in the end of the game but still, it makes the cyberpsychosis thing a little less "serious" when you have a character that can bowl over Adam loving Smasher and they have zero side-effects.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Darth Walrus posted:

Not sure I like monowires being under Reflexes now, TBH. I liked them as one of the few weapons that doesn't require an investment in your two main combat stats - being under Cool fitted with them being stereotypical netrunner weapons, too.

I wish I was joking, but on release version monowire was an unarmed blunt weapon and so scaled off the skills in strength tree. Was still worse than the fists, although had some reach.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

funeral home DJ posted:

Overall it's a hell of a game and I've really come to enjoy it. Edgerunners was a hell of a good show, to boot, though I agree with the premise that David sure was dumb for being such a bright kid. Also, insofar in the game I have a character who has more cyberware than David and my dude is totally fine yes I know what happens in the end of the game but still, it makes the cyberpsychosis thing a little less "serious" when you have a character that can bowl over Adam loving Smasher and they have zero side-effects.

The game does elaborate on cyberpsychosis if you do the questline about the Cyberpsycho's, which also suggests a reason why V doesn't go psycho. It really indicates that cyberpsychosis is heavily tied to untreated mental health issues caused by severe ptsd and the insane bloodshed and hopelessness of Night City. The cyberware is more of a contributing factor. V doesn't get affected because they're a fairly well-adjusted person in spite of everything.

Also because the game takes place over a few weeks even if you 100% it.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah regardless of any medical condition caused by the chrome, "too much chrome makes people go nuts and kill, that's just the way it is y'know?", feels very much like corporate hellscape just not wanting to deal with the nightmare pressure cooker they've made

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah V has two and a half things going for her that lets her getting borged up to the gills with second hand scop without losing her mind

1) V's already losing their mind and halucinating, the relic is repairing the damage from getting a bullet in the head and trying to overwrite the personality with Johnny, so the cyberware is way down the list on physical issues you're dealing with

2) In the short weeks that the story takes place in you don't have enough time to go insane, you're too busy running from crisis to crisis when you aren't already dying.

and the half being that V has friends and a life keeping them grounded, and isn't a weaponized ball of depression on their last legs as the corps cut off meds or repossess belongings.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only chrome that V gets for sure in the game is very high end, and it's noted they're good about keeping their software/hardware current and maintained.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
And V's canonical ripperdoc is a trustworthy person who is both an actual skilled doctor and also V's friend, so the cyberware they have is being installed properly and safely instead of being switched out for cheap broken poo poo or hacked in by some back-alley whacko.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How did Adam Smasher avoid going nutso when he's like, literally a brain in a robot suit at this point. The power of top of the line only parts I guess?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
He was already nuts before they gave him any chrome at all

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Smasher was a high-functioning psychopath before he got chromed up. Full body replacements aren't unheard of in the setting- they're just super expensive and have a high humanity cost. There's models for combat, pleasure, and even stuff like fire fighting.

In the official material most of them basically make you look like a Guyver or Gundam. Smasher has a bunch of bodies he swaps into and out of, and the one David and V see isn't even his heaviest one. He has one that basically is just sticking him in a tank.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ah, ok cool thanks for the info.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Flesnolk posted:

He was already nuts before they gave him any chrome at all

In the game I think it's implied this is true of a lot of the MAXTAC (read: SWAT) cops

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The funniest part about the game is that the closest thing you can get to David's sandy in the game is from probably the skeeziest, sketchiest ripperdoc.

Regardless of your stats and even if you take the biggest rear end in a top hat lines you can say, V is a pretty good person that would've gotten on really well with David and crew IMO. Regardless of origin V is way more cautious, meticulous, and less naive than David though- but that's because V is older and all three potential origins had them essentially working as a solo in some capacity.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

In the game I think it's implied this is true of a lot of the MAXTAC (read: SWAT) cops
Maxtac recruits from treatable (or mostly treatable) cyberpsychos that somehow get taken alive sometimes. This was originally going to be a part of the game when it was even more hilariously over-ambitious than it was officially.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 28, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I for one am happy they decided not to proceed with the version where the player character is a corporate murder cop.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Maxtac recruits from treatable (or mostly treatable) cyberpsychos that somehow get taken alive sometimes. This was originally going to be a part of the game when it was even more hilariously over-ambitious than it was officially.

Literally the microplot of the first trailer and I was convinced we'd play as Maxtac. Could be a nice spinoff game still.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Also worth noting that Smasher has absolutely zero angst about chroming up, the violence and hopelessness of life in Night City, etc. - he loves all that poo poo, this place is Heaven on Earth to him. So he's not really vulnerable to the same things that make normal cyberpsychos snap.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ranzear posted:

Literally the microplot of the first trailer and I was convinced we'd play as Maxtac. Could be a nice spinoff game still.

Trauma Team game that's half FPS half Trauma Center

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
had a lot of fun with the game last night lol. just need to get muh monowire so i can be lucy.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Trauma Team game that's half FPS half Trauma Center

Balancing site security with urgency of care sounds damned fun. Multiplayer that poo poo too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ignore the thumbnail if you want to avoid Rebecca images that challenge youtube sensibilities. The music and the video itself is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhMUc0xqvc

Let the memes flow. God this song rules.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 29, 2022

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Arc Hammer posted:

Ignore the thumbnail if you want to avoid Rebecca images that challenge youtube sensibilities. The music and the video itself is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhMUc0xqvc

Let the memes flow. God this song rules.

I was wondering why there was all those clips from family guy, until the end.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
This was such a downer show but it's been lingering in my mind for days now. Feel like it's going to dwell with Akira and the first Ghost in the Shell movie as a classic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's certainly up there.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cephas posted:

This was such a downer show but it's been lingering in my mind for days now. Feel like it's going to dwell with Akira and the first Ghost in the Shell movie as a classic.

man, we finished it last weekend, and we're still feeling that hurt right in the meow-meows

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cephas posted:

every time i hear the song lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

*Panam, riding along with V* "V, why did you pull over to sob when 'I Really Want To Stay At Your House' came on the radio?"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is so sad play the one that goes "this is the century" a lot instead

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I have to wonder if I'm missing something, I hit the end and was more just "huh, I kinda liked that" and moved on, not sure what x factor is missing for me that it's not shattering me or striking me as an earthshaking gamechanger like others in the thread.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flesnolk posted:

I have to wonder if I'm missing something, I hit the end and was more just "huh, I kinda liked that" and moved on, not sure what x factor is missing for me that it's not shattering me or striking me as an earthshaking gamechanger like others in the thread.

I'm just sappy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

it has good animation, good pacing, doesn't overstay its welcome. What more could you ask for tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

it has good animation, good pacing, doesn't overstay its welcome. What more could you ask for tbh

The short run time is like half the reason I enjoyed it so much