Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Superglue also works, as noted, but wears away material faster according to the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

man this rg god gundam is complex. but i can already tell the articulation is off the charts. it feels very intuitive. you don't have to be precious or overly delicate with it; if you bend it the way you think it should bend, it will move with you. very cool build so far.

also, i took a chance on nin-nin games and they really did fulfill my rg gaogaigar order, it arrived today. i wouldn't recommend paying what i paid for it unless you really cant wait, but it was still a good $30-$50 cheaper than its going for on ebay

boz
Oct 16, 2005

JoeGlassJAw posted:

man this rg god gundam is complex. but i can already tell the articulation is off the charts. it feels very intuitive. you don't have to be precious or overly delicate with it; if you bend it the way you think it should bend, it will move with you. very cool build so far.

also, i took a chance on nin-nin games and they really did fulfill my rg gaogaigar order, it arrived today. i wouldn't recommend paying what i paid for it unless you really cant wait, but it was still a good $30-$50 cheaper than its going for on ebay

I'm hoping when it hits US we get as much stock as the God gundam did

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

New ver ka is the zeta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5feJedg9FE

The mgsd is the freedom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdV9Jt6l0Mg&t=84s

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 29, 2022

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hate that they're wasting time re imagining the Zeta and I hate more that I actually like it alot and will probably buy it. I'm part of the problem

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The engineering on the transformation :pusheen:

Probably going to buy the MGSD too, seems like they're using the extra head real estate to do some wild poo poo with detailing. The eyes especially look really cool.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 29, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat, I might pick up that Zeta ver Ka, would be interesting to compare and contrast against the RG hand grenade.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
One day my Turn-A Ver. ka will exist

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
gently caress now i gota choose between the RG god and this

PringleCreamEgg posted:

the syd mead design is already perfection tho?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No chibi anime eyes no buy

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
holy poo poo a zeta that doesn't look like an immediate parts grenade?!?

also the day we get an MG Barbatos Rex is the day we know bandai is in a dire financial position

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Clearly it should be called the Turn-kA!

:colbert:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Interesting that despite it being a Ver. Ka and specifically the 20th annivery Ver. Ka, the big marketing gimmick is it's super close to the original design.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Kuvo posted:

the syd mead design is already perfection tho?

Sure but how else will I get a modern Turn-A model? I suppose I could hope one turns up in Divers. The Wodom Pod was nice.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Thanks for the nail polish tip, my newly built RG RX-78 needs it on basically every limb attachment point and half of the skirt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/hobbyshow2022/29/g-witch.html

New G-Witch stuff, including a dope Full Mechanics Aerial.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
SD with a full internal frame??? :love:

That Zeta looks insane as well.

Ow my wallet.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

mllaneza posted:

Thanks for the nail polish tip, my newly built RG RX-78 needs it on basically every limb attachment point and half of the skirt.

Be careful with RGs, the inner frame is made from a different plastic that reacts badly to certain solvents.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bloody Pom posted:

The engineering on the transformation :pusheen:

Probably going to buy the MGSD too, seems like they're using the extra head real estate to do some wild poo poo with detailing. The eyes especially look really cool.

Yeah that looks really cool.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Did they say how big the MGSD will be?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Did they say how big the MGSD will be?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Thanks!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Interesting that despite it being a Ver. Ka and specifically the 20th annivery Ver. Ka, the big marketing gimmick is it's super close to the original design.

Because the Zeta Gundam is perfection.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Will this be my first SD? :thunk:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RillAkBea posted:

Not to be super reductive to Katoki's whole style but more than a few of his redesigns feel like basically "what if this suit's proportions were more in like with Zeta's?"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Tarquinn posted:

Will this be my first SD? :thunk:

Between this and the Cross Silhouettes of non-Gundam mechas, I might be going all SD

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So cotton hill finally gets his own gundam.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Looking at it again, it looks like maybe the knees fold back flush against the legs to make it a zippy space combat machine? The feet have a very "landing strut" look to them, especially with short calves.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

Be careful with RGs, the inner frame is made from a different plastic that reacts badly to certain solvents.

Good tip. I still have the sprues to test on.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Monaghan posted:

So cotton hill finally gets his own gundam.

He killed fitty Zekes in the war AND was a terrible father. Truly, he was a model soldier for the Federation.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Extremely here for this not graze

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I love that Witch has like 4 grunt suits and they're all pretty good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Valkyrie has come to

https://twitter.com/hobbysite/status/1575637592447791104?s=46&t=hJ3MQR7-RpbfkC8SDPTSEA

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Okay, that's exciting.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
https://bandai-hobby.net/site/hobbyshow2022/

HG Huckebein Mk II and Blue Eyes White Dragon too

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Spinatia Reaper and more general 30MM customization items

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So the MGSD rumor was real then. Not an sd fan, so I'll be passing on that.

Also, I've been throwing my wallet at the screen and that macross kit hasn't appeared yet, what did I do wrong?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/gsc_mechasmile/status/1575637564312141824?s=46&t=hJ3MQR7-RpbfkC8SDPTSEA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Okay, that's exciting.

How much and when ? All I need to know.

There's a Macross segment on Sunday afternoon, details then I guess.