Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
fyi peeps I just dropped ScooterMcTiny a nudge PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah good call we probably need to slightly pick it up if we're going to finish before the season. Although, maybe it won't be a problem because in the past we've done an 8 hour weekday clock for the last 1/4 of the draft which maybe we do again since no one wants to wait three days to pick Avery Bradley or whatever.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

One thing I really enjoy about fantasy ball is it reminds me how many players in the NBA I like. I go down the list of guys available and just keep thinking “oh poo poo yeah, that guy is cool. I’d like to have him…and him…and him…”

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Feels like the draft has slowed right down. I don't think I've had a pick in a couple days.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’ll make the rest of my picks right now if you guys want. Then there’s one fewer player to wait on. I’m sure Rick and Kalen can set that up for me

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

One thing I really enjoy about fantasy ball is it reminds me how many players in the NBA I like. I go down the list of guys available and just keep thinking “oh poo poo yeah, that guy is cool. I’d like to have him…and him…and him…”

meanwhile i picked loving porzingis

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Embiid/Porzingis frontcourt for me last year, haven't been that unhappy watching twin towers on TV since frickin 9/11!!!

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

yeah this is always the best way to play fantasy imo. i try to only grab dudes i like or guys from teams i watch a lot of

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Countdown to ScooterMcTiny missing his pick and getting Time Lord via auto-draft who promptly returns from injury ahead of schedule to become a DPOY candidate and top-20 fantasy asset

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Maestro posted:

I’ll make the rest of my picks right now if you guys want. Then there’s one fewer player to wait on. I’m sure Rick and Kalen can set that up for me

You are fine. We have some time zone issues that make things a little weird in that half of the draft but we have 19 days to go.

As long as people are checking to see if it’s their turn a couple times a day we will be okay.

E: I dunno though if y’all feel like we need to do some timers for fun purpose rather than need purpose we can do that.

Rick fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 1, 2022

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Rick posted:

You are fine. We have some time zone issues that make things a little weird in that half of the draft but we have 19 days to go.

As long as people are checking to see if it’s their turn a couple times a day we will be okay.

E: I dunno though if y’all feel like we need to do some timers for fun purpose rather than need purpose we can do that.

Lol all good Rick I was just messin. Now if people would kindly stop drafting players that I would like on my team, that would be nice.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

every pick ive made has had a huge wait after it for me to imagine everyone laughing at my drafting abilities

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
voting autodraft, it's been almost two days and John Collins in the 5th is hardly roster sabotage

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah I think we gotta keep it moving at this point.

So the way this is going to work is I am going to take the ten players drafted around that spot and then use randomlists.org or random.org to pull someone out. If Scooter contacts me he can ask for someone else who isn't drafted yet to be swapped in.

The list picked Jakob Poeltl

In deeper rounds, I found an automatic NBA player picker but includes everyone even deep bench guys. I actually used this first but didn't have the heart to stick Tako Fall on someone's team this early.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 1, 2022

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Ugh this pocket we're in is brutal, feels like of the next dozen-ish players at least three and probably more are gonna pop and turn out to be awesome. Tons of upside. It felt so tame to go with Keldon but I just think he'll be out there a ton and will get all the shots he wants.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Poeltl and Keldon were both on my “hopefully they slide under the radar” list, if that helps

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Yup Keldon was on my list too.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

He was for me until the shoulder injury. Those tend to linger and the Spurs won’t hesitate to shut him down to empower their tank

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

DeimosRising posted:

He was for me until the shoulder injury. Those tend to linger and the Spurs won’t hesitate to shut him down to empower their tank
I'm not too worried. He injured it on 9/24 and that same day they were 100% on him being good to go by 10/19. A badly separated shoulder can be anything from 1-3 mos; the fact that they projected a return date w confidence, on the same day and w no MRI feels like they immediately clocked it as no big deal, besides serving as a convenient excuse to avoid any disasters in preseason. tbh I think Jalen Green will probably turn out the better pick, but I have him on another team and like going in different directions.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Scooter swapped Poeltl for MPJ. Pausing the draft for a few hours since some of you wanted Poeltl if you want to swap for him instead let me know.

I'm still gonna draft Tobias harris this is just less dramatic than pausing the whole league which always leaves me wondering if it's going to come back up again.

E: Okay I don't think there are any takers, restarting.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 2, 2022

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol I ruined poor Tobias Harris he is now red for the site as a warning for most dropped player of the day.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I was 50/50 on Barrett vs Herro and flipped a coin that landed on "gently caress the Heat" but I appreciate when stuff like that happens and the guy I didn't take goes immediately after. No one remind me this happened if Herro outperforms Barrett.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Aw, Sengun, hoped you'd slip through

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

kalensc posted:

Aw, Sengun, hoped you'd slip through

And Franz Wagner damnit

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
EmotionlessThug please take good care of probably my single favorite fantasy NBA player Kevin Porter Jr. I've had him on different leagues of the last two seasons and he has repeatedly saved my bacon when I've needed big numbers

• improved 3ptFG% from 31.1% to 37.5% last season
  • sick dunks aplenty
  • gets on heaters and it's awesome
  • randomly puts up huge pts when you are most in need
  • limitless swagger, takes zero poo poo
I'd have to think this one over but KPJ might seriously be one of my ten favorite players to watch in the entire league. Tasty vid w a nice mix of 21-22 highlights, first clip is ehhh dribble BS but everything from there is :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2WmLtQvd-I

Anyway treat him with kindness and respect and may he take you to the promised land

rivetz fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 5, 2022

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Ah darn I was hoping Sexton would a little further

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm going to be away from computer for tonight so if it gets back to me it's probably going to be stuck until the morning.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Argh that pair of picks was the toughest yet, had a dozen candidates that all had upside & none of the ten I didn't select will benon the board 22 picks from now...

:shobon:

Gonna pitch some division/schedule/playoff setup ideas in here before the weekend, based on feedback that came up last year and to ensure a balance between rewarding most consistent & highest peak result

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

We’re at a standstill until that trade goes through or not

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Chronicles posted:

We’re at a standstill until that trade goes through or not

Sorry, I was just looking at the app while on the road and didn't know there was a pending trade I just thought there was some slowdown.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I want everyone to know that the Sexton trade was my idea. Excerpt from brief presser:

quote:

Collin is a terrific young talent with a bright future who unfortunately ran into some trouble while proceeding through customs at Gondolin International Airport. As a result we have determined that Collin is not a good fit with the team and culture we're trying to build here in Gondolin. He's a bright young man with incredible talent and we think he has a terrific future in the LBA. We wish him all the best with his new team.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

friendship ball with Kevin reignited

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh damnit I forgot about Ant. Nice

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

I want everyone to know that the Sexton trade was my idea. Excerpt from brief presser:

Lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The rest of FleaFlicker must really think Russ is getting sent home or something. He was like a top 10 fantasy player last year in categories and was top 40 in our format (including keepers), he's getting drafted on average 59th on the site.

Rick fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 7, 2022

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
The drama and downside probably scares off a lot of people but was he really a top 10 categories player last year? I thought Luka could barely stick in the top 10 in categories just because his FT% sucks and he commits a bunch of turnovers, 2022 Russ adds bad FG% and 3P% and subtracts the 28-9-9

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
He’s a goddamn statistical tyrannosaurus. I was still surprised he went so early in our draft though. I was staying far away.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I came pretty close to picking Jae'Sean Tate so I'm glad to see someone else draft him so I wasn't too crazy.

Dutchy posted:

The drama and downside probably scares off a lot of people but was he really a top 10 categories player last year? I thought Luka could barely stick in the top 10 in categories just because his FT% sucks and he commits a bunch of turnovers, 2022 Russ adds bad FG% and 3P% and subtracts the 28-9-9

You're probably right I am used to Dejan's style of categories where there aren't any negatives, just filling the stats sheet is good enough.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Say what you will about Jae'Sean Tate (and I know opinions are a heated source of global conflict) but he can definitely play PF without also using up my last C spot and may be a source of a reliable, unheralded 31-35 fantasy points per game with a steady role on a developing team. And that counts for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’ma pick tomorrow morning don’t worry