Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

veni veni veni posted:

One thing I'd like to do is use gold 1x2 grill parts for the front headlights because it seems so perfect. But getting them at the right angle is going to be tough without compromising the look.

As someone who's started several Interceptor builds based around using those parts for that reason... therein lies the path to madness, but I wish you luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I'd just need to use the hinged 1x2 bricks to pull it off, but they are bulky enough that I'd have to redesign the whole front end, which was way more than I was gonna bother with today.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
8 wide may actually be significantly easier, I was always trying to do it in 6 wide.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Carbohydrates posted:

Got the idea in my head and had to build it. Mostly just a mod of the official Charger, but I had to change a surprising amount just to make orange work, plus the rest of the stuff.

The Transgenderal Lee

Please update your thread or instagram with this so I can tweet it with accreditation, it is amazing

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Falconbricks/status/1574995404026150912

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Lizard Combatant posted:

8 wide may actually be significantly easier, I was always trying to do it in 6 wide.

The new speed champions set may help

Though it feels like a step back from the non-right angles on recent sets like the 512 and Countach.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I built thee Everyone is Awesome set, and I gotta say: I loved all the pretty colors but being color blind meant I had to segregate the colors first which I think violated the spirit.
(I can't tell the difference between blue and violet unless they were right next to each other, for example)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The original engine scoop Lego piece had to have been inspired by mad max, right? It's such an iconic shape and that weird little brick does a great job of evoking it

Carbs, your car builds are incredible. Can you elaborate on why your SUVs tend to have way more upside down and side building (per your other threads info)

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

This speaks to me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That micro one is the coolest of the bunch though.

Build a microscale city around it and it'll look great on display. Just need to get lego to make minifigures even smaller than the trophy mold ones.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Is there a set with a nice car lift I can ripoff. Like at a mechanic's shop? Would be sweet if it was pneumatic or mechanical.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Literally A Person posted:

Is there a set with a nice car lift I can ripoff. Like at a mechanic's shop? Would be sweet if it was pneumatic or mechanical.

https://brickset.com/sets/8044-1/Universal-Pneumatic-Set i have this bad boy at my dad's but im guessing you want something a bit nicer

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

10264 has a neat little car lift if you're looking for something City scale.

https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/product.bi.core.pdf/6283113.pdf

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

mastershakeman posted:

https://brickset.com/sets/8044-1/Universal-Pneumatic-Set i have this bad boy at my dad's but im guessing you want something a bit nicer

I love the idea (especially since I have all those parts) but looking for something a little nicer looking and also something a minifig can fit under to "repair" cars.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Refreshing to get a grey blob that isn't Star Wars once in awhile.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

10264 has a neat little car lift if you're looking for something City scale.

https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/product.bi.core.pdf/6283113.pdf

This is def in line with what I'm looking for. I can't tell if it's working or not from flipping through the instructions though lol.

E: nevermind I get it now

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 28, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
There's no new information in that Eiffel Tower tweet. The picture is even of the old set! 😤😤😤

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oxyclean posted:

Refreshing to get a grey blob that isn't Star Wars once in awhile.

But also, no, gently caress that pricing. I’m getting rapidly disillusioned with Lego and what they’re charging for sets now.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

There's no new information in that Eiffel Tower tweet. The picture is even of the old set! 😤😤😤

I was gonna say, that doesn't look like 10k pieces...

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

mastershakeman posted:

The original engine scoop Lego piece had to have been inspired by mad max, right? It's such an iconic shape and that weird little brick does a great job of evoking it

Lego piece has always looked like a relatively generic tunnel ram to me, I don't really see it as looking particularly like the mad max version but they all do the same thing so they're all going to have similar shapes.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Carbohydrates posted:

The Transgenderal Lee

Perfection.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

bird with big dick posted:

Lego piece has always looked like a relatively generic tunnel ram to me, I don't really see it as looking particularly like the mad max version but they all do the same thing so they're all going to have similar shapes.

I can kind of see it, the Lego piece (50493) has sharpish corners on the sides like the intake on the Pursuit Special, but the Lego intake is more hexagonal.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

This build will be even more tedious than the Colosseum

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Carbohydrates posted:

Got the idea in my head and had to build it. Mostly just a mod of the official Charger, but I had to change a surprising amount just to make orange work, plus the rest of the stuff.

The Transgenderal Lee

Very rad. How did you fit the flag into the roof?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

MaliciousOnion posted:

Very rad. How did you fit the flag into the roof?

This increases the thickness of the roof, but it's fine - I already had to raise the body by 1 plate to fit the numbers on the side, so it still fits minifigs. Because the roof doesn't have its layer of brackets anymore, it had to be entirely supported by the pillars, which is why those got redesigned too. And they had to be done in a way that didn't require brackets, because no 1-wide brackets exist in orange, and so on. This whole conversion was a series of puzzles to solve, like any good LEGO car build!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Technic F-150 Raptor has been sitting in my pile of unassembled stuff for a very long time and I finally put it together and was fully prepared for it to be a real piece of crap but man, it's not even 4WD. Pretty sad. I also hate the knobby tires.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The next Black Panther set leaked and uhhh

Holy poo poo this is ugly. By the way some parts look wonky because it was AI upscaled but it’s the general shape that matters

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I think it looks cool

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Kinda reminds of that Ultra Agent ship. That was a really cool set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looks like about 1/4th of a cool set.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

I love the idea (especially since I have all those parts) but looking for something a little nicer looking and also something a minifig can fit under to "repair" cars.

Carbohydrates may have you covered here.

Carbohydrates posted:

And here we go. Welcome to Big Blocks Fine Autos! I've only built one other significant building before, and it was much smaller than this one, but I learned a lot from my last attempt. This build is rock solid, it has studs scattered around for minifigs to stand on, the roof detaches, and the parking lot separates and takes down into 5 segments so this thing can be effectively transported to LUG events. Hooray for learning from mistakes!

<snip>

And the other side of the garage!

Overview.

I'm sure you noticed the gears and poo poo but yeah, the lift works. It can slip under load due to tolerances in the Technic half beams, which I already built a solution for, but the solution is bulkier so I decided to leave it alone for ~aesthetics~.

<snip>

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

Has anyone else outside Europe gotten their order from Designer program round 2? I’m still waiting for my Clockwork Aquarium…

Finally got it a few days. It's smaller than I was expecting, a lot of the pieces are for the alt builds you swap out the insides for.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The source material doesn't interest me as much as Original trilogy stuff but that razor crest is just so cool and well done it makes me want it. Still very unlikely I'll buy it but they did such a good job. The temptation is there

obi_ant posted:

I didn't like the smaller Razor Crest, but this one looks great. I wonder how big it's going to be, but seeing Mando in the cockpit, I'm going to assume it's not larger than the Slave 1.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Carbohydrates may have you covered here.

Ha. Of course. This is where my (albeit lovely) design has been leading me too.

I was close with some silly pneumatic setup but I can't get anything to hold fast to the technic hole connection on the top of the piston. It's mighty frustrating.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

A nice little collection

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rh9efuzzOH1xww0ux.mp4

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Ok I was impressed. Then I saw "age: 9" and I was really impressed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well a couple of the labels are for a 47 year old with the same surname. Not that it isn't awesome for a 9 year old, but clearly it's a parent/child building them together.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Note that some of those werent designed by the builder. A lot of them are designed by JB Brickworks, a husband and wife team. The plane one got made in the Bricklink designer program round 1 and they’ve had 2 Ideas sets get approved and sold(21305 Maze and 21315 Pop-up book).

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 1, 2022

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Just noticed that the Fab 5 Loft is currently 40% off on Lego.com, at least in Europe. Also ordered my Bowser, and got both the Castaway and the VIP Halloween addon.

Skios fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Skios posted:

Just noticed that the Fab 5 Loft is currently 40% off on Lego.com, at least in Europe. Also ordered my Bowser, and got both the Castaway and the VIP Halloween addon.

Thanks for the reminder. Didn't wait for double points, so I used the points from my first van gogh order to get the tropical parrot + castaway + vip halloween addon with the second van gogh.

Now I gotta figure out what to do with 2000 bagged blue dots and no manual/box for them.

Oh, and a bit disappointed you can't do multiple VIP addons to an order , so the LEGO dots on the pineapple thing I had grabbed before, I can't get it until I make yet another order. Gr.