Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Barry Bluejeans posted:

My bank says it's not an issue on their end and I can't get it to work even after trying multiple browsers with auto-translate off.

Oh well. Thanks just the same, maybe I'll try again later.

Did you make sure that you put the expiration date of your card as YYMM instead of MMYY? That's a common mistake people make because they're used to putting their card in as month/year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Did you make sure that you put the expiration date of your card as YYMM instead of MMYY? That's a common mistake people make because they're used to putting their card in as month/year.

:doh:

Thanks, haha.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is there a way to buy/watch Stardom papes outside Japan? It's been noted before that Stardom World doesn't have them and I don't see a way to buy a replay for any of them

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1576087651173949440

The show will also be up on Stardom World in a few days if you wait.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Oh snap!

Thanks!

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Just do what I do. Refuse to buy the ppv when it airs, go to Twitter and spoil all the results and all the amazing poo poo that happened on the show, go to purchase the show and then spend 5 minutes on the payment screen convincing yourself not to do it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Reading about previous years' results, it's funny to me that most 5*GP winners lose their title shots. It almost makes the whole tournament moot if the end result is usually just "lol nah".

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I still have no idea why any promotion doing this kind of tournament has their actual champion in the tournament if the grand prize is a title shot. Like what happens if the champion wins? And yes I know wrestling is pre-determined but I've always thought it's weird

I know it gives the champion something to do instead of just sit around for months waiting for a winner and Syuri has put some women over big time

I really hope Giulia wins because she's my favorite in Stardom but I honestly don't care who wins because everyone at the top of each block would be a deserving winner

This 5*GP has been an absolute joy to watch and my Stardom World sub has been totally worth the money

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
If the champ wins they get to pick their challenger

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Has that ever happened and they pick some low level rookie to give the shot to?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Crapple! posted:

Not really a Japanese wrestling thing. An American heel would do that but Japanese wrestling is all about getting stronger and facing the best competition to raise the value of the belt.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Crapple! posted:

Konosuke Takeshita won last year's D-Oh as champ and he gave the title shot to BJW guest Yuji Okabayashi, who tied with Take during the tournament and was his only blemish

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every wrestling fan regarding logic in booking is always like, "why would anyone ever not be a piece of crap? if it were me making decisions for myself, i'd be a drat rear end in a top hat 24/7." just kidding.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/jimmygabagool/status/1576418555717128192?t=Jt-oUGpItMTXhmuszS050g&s=19

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

every wrestling fan regarding logic in booking is always like, "why would anyone ever not be a piece of crap? if it were me making decisions for myself, i'd be a drat rear end in a top hat 24/7." just kidding.

No you're right

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is me every day when I wake up

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom Goddess Tag League Blocks are out

Red Stars Block

Mai Fair Lady (Mai Sakurai & Lady C)
KARATE BRAVES (Syuri & Tomoka Inaba)
Peach☆Rock (Mayu Iwatani & Momo Kohgo)
Mafia Bella (Giulia & Thekla)
BLACK DESIRE (Momo Watanabe & Starlight Kid)
Team We Love Tokyo Sports (Saki Kashima & Fukigen Death)
meltear (Tam Nakano & Natsupoi)
AphroditE (Utami Hayashishita & Saya Kamitani)

Blue Stars Block

The New Eras (MIRAI & Ami Sohrei)
KAWILD VENUS (Mina Shirakawa & SAKI)
wing★gori (Hanan & Saya Iida)
02line (AZM & Miyu Amasaki)
Fukuoka W Crazy (Hazuki & Koguma)
MaiHime (Maika & Himeka)
7up (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu)
BMI2000 (Natsuko Tora & Ruaka)

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 3, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Glad Team We Love Tokyo Sports is back

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Let's go MaiHime!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah, Nanae and Yuu is a rad team.

Also I saw that Yuna Manase was on the last Showcase. Did that seem like it's going anywhere or was it just a make good for Unagi doing GanPro's last big show?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Hell yeah, Nanae and Yuu is a rad team.

Also I saw that Yuna Manase was on the last Showcase. Did that seem like it's going anywhere or was it just a make good for Unagi doing GanPro's last big show?

I think she's in the Nanae/Yuu/Alpha Female faction

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Stardom is making sure TJPW is not the only one with Karate girls.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1576867346920050688

Edit: "Mayu is dumb", "Mayu is stupid"... Mayu is the only one to wear a mask.

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 3, 2022

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Numero6 posted:

Let's go MaiHime!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

KARATE BRAVES

:blastu:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Konami is back for one match.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1576877904142606337?t=HSKvamEIBM285POGarMO6w&s=19

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Unagi is doing a freelance excursion (DPW when)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/btln/status/1577080888802021379?t=XCJW2fFGHVOn5EVLWsnS_w&s=19

Act Yasukawa's new look is cool. I guess she's just Akuto/Act now

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Maho Kurone did an Instagram live last night and though she said not to record/upload it anywhere else, it's probably kosher to say that she's happy and healthy now, she left because she had a hard time keeping up with the pressure as TJPW put on bigger and bigger events, and Koda/the company were extremely supportive w/r/t her mental health issues as she transitioned away from wrestling. No plans to return to wrestling but she looked good. She also said she works at a hookah bar now and spent the whole Q&A session vaping

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Prominence ran another show, 25th September, & all the matches are up on Youtube

Miyako Matsumoto vs Risa Fera
Hardcore 3 way: Akane Fujita vs Chon Shiryu vs Toshiyuki Sakuda
Hardcore Match: Frank Sisters (Hiragi Kurumi & Mochi Natsumi) vs Kaori Yoneyama & Yuu
Hardcore Tornado Tag: Ikuto Hidaka & Itsuki Aoki vs Orca Uto & Risa Sera
Suzu Suzuki 10 Match Deathmatch Series Match 3: Suzu Suzuki vs Tomoya Hirata

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i have decided to start putting effort into watching "Stardom" after big dave chastised a fan online. my favorite wrestler is star light kid. could someone please answer me some quick questions:

Red > White? Yes?
High speed = Different rule set or is it just code for This match will be a spot fest (compliment)
Oedo Tai = Bad girls group, STARS = Good girls group?

Thanks for all your amazing help!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Yes
I think the time limit is set at 15 minutes.
Yes

Longer answer: Red and White are more like 1A and 1B than other promotion's primary/secondary belts

God's Eye are also pure faces, just not as flashy. Cosmic Angels are glamorous faces. Queen's Quest and Donna del Mondo are faces, but more arrogant and aloof.

Power Windows fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 4, 2022

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
OedoTai rules. They're a dark circus of misfits and weirdos and I love every single one of them. My favorite OedoTai member is easily Momo Watanabe because she's the most blatant cheater and a huge piece of poo poo and I love her to death for it

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
[11.3] Hiroshima catd:
• Singles Match: Himeka vs Yuna Mizumori
• Gauntlet Tag Match: Hazuki/Koguma vs
Saya lida/Momo Kohgo vs AZM/Miyu Amasaki
vs Lady C/Waka Tsukiyama vs Saki Kashima/
Ruaka
• 6 Woman Tag Match: MIRAI, Ami Sohrei &
Konami vs Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Thekla
• Special Singles Match: Mayu Iwatani vs
Alpha Female
• The Revenge Match: Utami Hayashishita vs
Natsuko Tora
• Goddess of Stardom Championship: Tam
Nakano & Natsupoi vs Momo Watanabe &
Starlight Kid
• Wonder of Stardom Championship: Saya
Kamitani (c) vs Mina Shirakawa
• World of Stardom Championship: Syuri (c)
vs Maika

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

yea ok posted:

i have decided to start putting effort into watching "Stardom" after big dave chastised a fan online. my favorite wrestler is star light kid. could someone please answer me some quick questions:

Red > White? Yes?
High speed = Different rule set or is it just code for This match will be a spot fest (compliment)
Oedo Tai = Bad girls group, STARS = Good girls group?

Thanks for all your amazing help!

Formally for High Speed matches you have to run to the ropes each time you make a pin attempt

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

fez_machine posted:

Formally for High Speed matches you have to run to the ropes each time you make a pin attempt

That's not really a thing in Stardom High Speed title matches.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The Stardom 5* GP finals have been uploaded to the site. Can't wait to get home and watch this. It sounds like the show of the year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

That's not really a thing in Stardom High Speed title matches.

More is the pity.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Crapple! posted:

The Stardom 5* GP finals have been uploaded to the site. Can't wait to get home and watch this. It sounds like the show of the year

:agreed:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Crapple! posted:

I'm watching it now. I'm only 4 matches in but holy moly what a show so far

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Finished watching the Stardom show. It was amazing. I am very happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Elephant Ambush posted:

This 5*GP has been an absolute joy to watch and my Stardom World sub has been totally worth the money

100% agreed! I just finished the finals and it was great al around despite having the winner spoiled when I was looking for information about tie breaks.

Overall I may have enjoyed the FSGP more than the G1 this year. The highs weren't quite as high, but there was no Bad Luck Fale or Chase Owens in the field so the lows weren't nearly as low either.

Sounds like there may be some more English commentary shows on the horizon which I'm looking forward to.