Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/LeeandLie/status/1578048310354489344?t=K3Y76FD1owjvfKNoJn64PA&s=19

Okay, this is probably pretty good casting

Also confirmation of dubbed songs, but AmaLee is probably the best person they could get.

Nice, has she ever done voice acting before out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Larryb posted:

Nice, has she ever done voice acting before out of curiosity?

Arist posted:

She was already a character in the show a while back (she was Otohime), but that's about as good as you could hope for. Still probably gonna see it subbed for Ado.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's actually done quite a bit.

https://myanimelist.net/people/17793/Amanda_Lee

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, I always assumed she was just a fan that did anime song covers. Neat

She’s also apparently been in the business since at least 2012:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmaLee

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 6, 2022

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Terper posted:

Yeah but they also ~visit places from their memories~, you can tell by the trailer that it's not them being there the first time, they remember everything

e: people are speculating by some imagery in the trailer that other potential memories will be Enies Lobby and Skypiea

Based on this portion or what? I can see the cloud for Skypeia, but I'm not sure how you get Enies Lobby from that. But I do see a fish, Fishman Island?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I see fishman island, skypeia, a rectangle with a tree, the sun pirates, shart teeth (? katakuri?), and either wano or whitebeard's mustache. Idk about that tree and that rectangle.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

No Wave posted:

shart teeth

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im rereading dressrosa and i cant get the fusion of senor pink and fungah out of my head and its distressing me

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Violen posted:

im rereading dressrosa and i cant get the fusion of senor pink and fungah out of my head and its distressing me

??

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

More and more people are saying this.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
its the avatar

dont worry about it

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Happy for Amalee since I've listened to her covers all the time on Pandora when I set it to anime music while I work. I'm sure tons of people do covers like that, but she's literally the only one I know of off the top of my head and I've always thought she's done a fine job with it, even though I barely ever listen to music so I don't really know what I'm talking about in that area.

Seems pretty drat natural to get the combined anime voice actor and singer to play that role, like if I was a casting director I can't imagine someone who'd fit the bill better on paper, especially if they intend to replace the character's singing in the movie with an English version.

Edit: drat, just looked at that list and noticed that she voiced Ai in the Kaguya: Love is War dub. That's an A+ dub and it sure seems like her career's popping along quite nicely! Despite having heard her singing a lot I totally didn't recognize her voice in the bits of the dub I've seen.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 6, 2022

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Violen posted:

its the avatar

dont worry about it

im' not worried. i'm reloading

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
its ok its been replaced with the thought that doflamingos design is sick as hell

any panel where his face is just overwhelming everything owns

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
he really is a top tier one piece design

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i love oda's super leggy guys for some reason

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Violen posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

say what you eill about dressrosa it has some absolutely top-tier oda designs. senor pink, doffy, like half the colosseum guys, corazon, probably some other guys i'm not thinking of

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

now i'll say what i will about dressrosa: it's probably the second worst post-timeskip arc but it's not bad overall and has some great moments (god usopp...!!!). holds up way better on a reread

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think I'm sick with "I need to read the new chapter" disease.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Fungah! posted:

now i'll say what i will about dressrosa: it's probably the second worst post-timeskip arc but it's not bad overall and has some great moments (god usopp...!!!). holds up way better on a reread

Even the absolute worst arc of One Piece is still One Piece, and therefore good.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cloks posted:

I think I'm sick with "I need to read the new chapter" disease.

I got that "absolutely cannot wait until Monday" disease.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Terper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42zSqdOl3s

Alabasta trailer for the new OP game

Hey this looks pretty good and okay and I'm generally feeling pretty positive about it and "IT'S MERRY!" oh my God give me this game :cry:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

lmao

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Man the alabasta arc was so good. I'm enjoying seeing blackbeard being set up.

Also lol at Vivi's first appearance being trying to murder laboon

Its kinda overshadowed by some later arcs but man, Alabasta and the lead up to it is super good.

Maybe some of the tightest writing in One Piece honestly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Its kinda overshadowed by some later arcs but man, Alabasta and the lead up to it is super good.

Maybe some of the tightest writing in One Piece honestly.

I thought Alabasta was one of the most popular arcs ever. That and Enies Lobby.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its def very popular but I feel as far as "most popular" goes its a step or two behind Enies Lobby or the Sabaody to Marineford stretch.

I think its got a good case for being the best though. Certainly competitive with Enies imo

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Terper posted:

Yeah but they also ~visit places from their memories~, you can tell by the trailer that it's not them being there the first time, they remember everything

e: people are speculating by some imagery in the trailer that other potential memories will be Enies Lobby and Skypiea

It's been a staple for every One Piece game for the past like, 20 years that the story has to involve a person or a monster or magic relic or some combination of the three that makes memories real so they can justify having all the characters in one place and at this point it's kind of amusing that they can never come up with anything else besides that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's weird because it's not like the movies have any problem jamming as many existing characters in as possible while still being completely original stories, almost to their detriment!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad because hopefully Vivi will be playable since the fools in charge of Pirate Warriors will never do that!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

One, where’s the chapter
Two, gimme the chapter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope Robin meets Ms. All-Sunday!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm gomu gomu no gattling the F5 key but no chapter is coming out wtf

don't suggest to use haki because that broke my last computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Terper posted:

Im going to admit I only looked at the thumbnail