Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

EL BROMANCE posted:

With the US warehouse is it likely the Temu orders for Halloween will make it in time for this years? I mean it’s no biggy if not but would be a fun and cheap way to do a bit of decoration.

Well they have free return, just abuse their start up fund.

I couldn't find any boy costume for my kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

stephenthinkpad posted:

US goons:

I just found out Pinduoduo has launched a US website, temu.com

PDD is basically a group buying website which has never taken off in the US but became extremely popular in China in recent years. It has surpassed taobao I believe.

So if they are going to push a US version they probably will throw a lot of money behind it to make it popular.

On quick browse it's basically a cross between ali and shein, but the selections are limited to popular househeld or women stuff. Kind of like browsing an online version Daiso/miniso.

Price wise is probably on par or slightly cheaper than ali, however currently there are 30% discount, free shipping and US warehouse, also no tax lol.

I ordered 2 jackets and a pair of fuzzy croc rip off for my kid, total 29 shipped. I will report back in a week.

Is it weird for anyone else that the reviews are all mixed up? Maybe they're grouped by seller, but these were the reviews for a carpet brush:

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Betazoid posted:

Is it weird for anyone else that the reviews are all mixed up? Maybe they're grouped by seller, but these were the reviews for a carpet brush:

I couldn't figure out any pattern there either. The reviews seem almost randomized.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I ordered a Simple Luminous Mute Clock DIY Stereo Digital Wall Clock Living Room Bedroom Digital Wall Sticker Clock European-Style

Went for the one with the Luminous Roman Numerals.

Placed order on July 31, arrived today. 68 days. Whatever.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004041142081.html

Seems to be missing something.

The glow-in-the-dark stickers! And the hands don't glow, so how do you tell the time at night?

I've got some luminous (waterproof) tape so I suppose I'll really have to DIY it as per the description. Haven't worked out the "Stereo" part yet, maybe it will come to me.

E: this is what I was expecting.

Blow fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 7, 2022

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

coldpudding posted:

I have yet to encounter a plug adapter that wasn't dodgy as poo poo, if your device has a standard IEC cable you can just buy a new cable with the appropriate plug on the end.

What shits me is things that run on 5v @ sub 2A but come with a fixed plug cord that isn't USB

If they just made it USB I could use one of the many many adapters I already have and/or can get locally with proper local certifications.

Those travel plug adapters they ship with things are dangerous and poo poo

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

there's a reason clive calls them deathdapters, they defeat a bunch of the safety features designed into the regular plugs and outlets.
the small ones where you can insert a single leg of a plug and have the other dangling outside are especially bad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESIzuV6kdWY

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Blow posted:

I ordered a Simple Luminous Mute Clock DIY Stereo Digital Wall Clock Living Room Bedroom Digital Wall Sticker Clock European-Style

Went for the one with the Luminous Roman Numerals.

Placed order on July 31, arrived today. 68 days. Whatever.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004041142081.html

Seems to be missing something.

The glow-in-the-dark stickers! And the hands don't glow, so how do you tell the time at night?x

I've got some luminous (waterproof) tape so I suppose I'll really have to DIY it as per the description. Haven't worked out the "Stereo" part yet, maybe it will come to me.

E: this is what I was expecting.

Lol owned

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I ordered some crap from Temu last night. They already shipped and sent me a USPS tracking number with expected delivery between the 11th and 20th. It shows up in official tracking as label created, as expected. It also says I can get a full refund if it's late.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I ordered some stuff on temu too, scissors, a cheap pair of shoes, plastic hook things, and two generic small lego sets. It's 12 dollars shipped, I guess they're selling a lot of stuff as loss leaders?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

This temu site is great. Looking at a small vacuum for my car and the reviews show a garlic press.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

codo27 posted:

This temu site is great. Looking at a small vacuum for my car and the reviews show a garlic press.

I feel like it's triggering some mental issue we have where it overlaps: the thrill of a deal, gambling, the novelty of interesting things, the thrill of possible danger, and the lol factor of it all. I don't know what's happening exactly, but I'm not sure this is healthy for me.

Should I buy some more pins to make this feeling going way?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I like that it says TIME on it, in case anyone is confused. Yes, children, this is an ancient method of TIME measurement from before digital.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

I like that it says TIME on it, in case anyone is confused. Yes, children, this is an ancient method of TIME measurement from before digital.
Nah, it's just a Timex rip-off.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

:lol: i no rite

The TIME(x) clock (luminous/stereo) is actually the only thing I've received from Ali that wasn't exactly what I ordered truth be told.

My bow collection is looking good!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Are they any good? I got a recurve one that shoots bamboo skewers and it works eh ok I guess

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

Are they any good? I got a recurve one that shoots bamboo skewers and it works eh ok I guess

The little one is fun. It will imbed a bamboo skewer into a pine wood chest of drawers. I thought it may have been a true "compound bow", but I don't really see the mechanical advantage. Not something you would give to kids to play with though.

I thought I'd upgrade, so I spent $97 AUD on this one

Just arrived! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003505944958.html

It's exactly what it says on the box. 50 lbs Recurve Bow. Magnesium aluminium alloy, wrist/finger guard, sight etc. Didn't come with arrows, so I just ordered some from eBay.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Can you eat "food safe" printer ink that came with your aliexpress latte art printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs9F6-ldjDk

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The ink is safe for food, not humans

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i would consider it irresponsible to put anything from aliexpress inside yourself

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mx. posted:

i would consider it irresponsible to put anything from aliexpress inside yourself

This

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

I'm having a tough time figuring out how this wrist harpoon and reel would work. It seems dangerous.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255801119457577.html

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It would be.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bar88537 posted:

I'm having a tough time figuring out how this wrist harpoon and reel would work. It seems dangerous.

Buy this and report back plz

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Oh I think this might be the new thread angle grinder

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

make sure to do your best Scorpion "GET OVER HERE!!" impression whenever you launch it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

we keep saying it, but two rules of aliexpress:

1. nothing that goes inside you
2. nothing that, if it were to break, would kill/maim yourself or others.

(2) includes things that might end up inside you if they break!

this kind of bow is ok: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-hair-bow.html

this one is ok too: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255...0300021232138_1

the kind that shoot arrows are RIGHT OUT

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Achmed Jones posted:

1a is an important subrule - nothing you put yourself inside.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Achmed Jones posted:

2. nothing that, if it were to break, would kill/maim yourself or others.

(2) includes things that might end up inside you if they break!

Sex machine. Compatible with your mini chainsaw.

US $13.55 47%OFF | Electric Screwdriver Sex Machine Electric Drill Automatic Rotate Dildo Penis Vibrator Vaginal Massage Sex Toys Women Masturbator
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mquMtPe

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is there a large market for fleshlights on Ali? I mean, I know the answer but.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

Eh, I buy clothing off aliexpress all the time and haven't died yet

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

stephenthinkpad posted:

Sex machine. Compatible with your mini chainsaw.

US $13.55 47%OFF | Electric Screwdriver Sex Machine Electric Drill Automatic Rotate Dildo Penis Vibrator Vaginal Massage Sex Toys Women Masturbator
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mquMtPe

combining with my drill jigsaw attachment :heysexy:

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Not that I’m ordering anything off of Ali to put inside myself, but is it really that much of a concern? I’m assuming most of these products are made and sold primarily for the domestic market and China straight up executed the guys who were making bad baby formula over there. Not to mention I’m sure that most of the sex toys coming from Ali are probably 100% identical to what you’d get on Amazon, just in a different box.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Ali products have no/minimal quality control so even if it's the same machine, lovely product gets sold right next to good and there's no way to know which you're getting when you buy. That shouldn't be a risk anyone takes with their genitals.

Sychopath
Sep 27, 2000

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Ali products have no/minimal quality control so even if it's the same machine, lovely product gets sold right next to good and there's no way to know which you're getting when you buy. That shouldn't be a risk anyone takes with their genitals.

Again, certainly not inserting Ali products into my body, but what makes you trust the same product on Amazon? Do you really think the guy that imported anal beads to resell enforced some kind of QC on them? This seems like pure speculation.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

holefoods posted:

what makes you trust the same product on Amazon?

It would be wise not to trust that either, not to throw our hands up with an “oh well, guess both sides are bad” like they’re the only two options.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Oh yeah certainly not advocating that. I want some artisanal hand made organic stuff to put inside me.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Buy this and report back plz

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

bar88537 posted:

It's made to harpoon your wrist obviously.

As for sex toys we already had a thread about all the ins and outs of artisanal dildos and the crafting there of.
:nws:Dildo thread:nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

holefoods posted:

Again, certainly not inserting Ali products into my body, but what makes you trust the same product on Amazon? Do you really think the guy that imported anal beads to resell enforced some kind of QC on them? This seems like pure speculation.

I don't. I deal with company websites.