Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Episode 39 is just 30 seconds of everyone in the car and then Irene asks if they heard about her ancestor who was a famous horse jockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

She starts telling the story but gets interrupted by a phone call from Yasuho

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The show closes on an ominous zoom in shot of Irene eating an apple with a Higashikata Fruit Company sticker on it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Isn't the SBRverse another universe entirely?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yes, but it's funny

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

It is but changing the end of part six is the least they can do to make up for loving up the release

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

zetamind2000 posted:

It is but changing the end of part six is the least they can do to make up for loving up the release

they should not change it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Making the Ireneverse into the SBRverse *would* be a trashy last minute twist horror ending, the characters finally found some peace (in a way) and that'd be really undermined by having the bloodline get caught up with Devil's Palms and Rokakaka fruits again

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Sounds like Fate to me :evilbuddy:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

zetamind2000 posted:

i'd rather they not

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Despite all my feelings and opinions on part 6's ending I'd also rather they not change it

Not that they're going to

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Despite all my feelings and opinions on part 6's ending I'd also rather they not change it

Not that they're going to

What if Irene dates FF and Hermes and there's a shot of Anasui in the trash?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

What if Irene dates FF and Hermes and there's a shot of Anasui in the trash?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Are people forgetting that Ireneverse and SBRverse can't literally be the same universe just from the family changes alone?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/marmardaiann/status/1578132655702302720?s=61&t=vey015zvJtMeyCdAjv-h_A

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Araki could be given drawing Steve Buscemi or Donald Trump as a task and that's the face he'd come out with now lol

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I know it's a terrible non-canon idea but it would also be really funny to see, like someone's fever dream of trying and failing to course correct for negative fan reception

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 7, 2022

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Based Dec release date.

Bisse posted:

Now I know where I recognized the feeling I had when watching the Rolling Stones epilogue. It felt exactly the same as watching the last two episodes of Evangelion, wondering if I rented the wrong VHS or if someone wrote it over with something else, getting more and more stunned as the playtime is running out and realizing that, nope, this is it.

I think it would have been a cool thematic element if introduced earlier, but slapping it at the end just felt out of place.

JoJo rarely calls back to the very beginning of the journey when all is said and done, but the choice to flashback to specifically just before they meet Giorno is deliberate. It shows that Bruno was basically always bound to challenge the Boss, for that is just who he is, and meeting Giorno gave him that oppurtunity, gave him the chance to defy fate by literally cheating that death. Mista was always gonna throw himself from the roof w that rock, and the others ate signaled to die bc they were always gonna follow their boy. I think of Rolling Stones as a neat lil coda that wraps the timeline back around to the beginning as a reminder that these guys reach a miracle in less than a week by simply being the people they were, peopl who couldn't help but make choices that would cost them their lives but result in a certain victory for good(plus it shows Mista was just super lucky the whole time lol a million self-inflicted bullets couldn't take him out) and I dont think of it cheapening Bruno's death at all. It's to show that all of this, even from before they met the protag, was important.

I'm not sure what is added knowing what would happen ahead of time by getting this info earlier, not to mention it'd take all the spice ouf of the zombie development. RS also helps to reiterate that it was Bruno"s choice to betray Diavolo, and that all of this wasn't solely to benefit Giorno. I get how it feels like it eats time that could be spent on a longer epilogue, coulda shoulda woulda, I just like the bowtie it wraps on the whole story

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I like that explanation, that makes a lot of sense actually.

But I'd say knowing beforehand wouldn't have taken the bite out of the zombie reveal, imo it'd make you more certain than ever that Bruno getting donuted was it and he's done, then Giorno healing him would feel like maybe he defeated Rolling Stones somehow, but then in the end you find out nope, Giorno just bought Bruno a little more time. So more or less the same arc as we get anyway, but the key difference is I guess about expectations. It's jojo so you know characters are gonna die, and the closer you are to the protag the more likely that's gonna be. So when Bruno's soloing the big bad in the depths of his home turf, you already know it's bad and he's likely to die. But the ambiguity by itself can lead expectations the other way, like for instance I was thinking "okay... but Giorno's probably coming, and we're only halfway through, and Bruno feels kinda too important," etc. Like there are signs if Araki still has more story for them or if he's wrapping them up, so there wasn't as much tension as there would be otherwise.

If you introduce RS early, I might've been led to think more like "oh poo poo this is it, Bruno hosed up and even Giorno's not gonna be able to help because it's fated" and then believe it when KC punches through him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part 5 ends with Mista sadly doing the dance him and the other two did on the boat, but alone.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

They're pussy controling up in heaven now

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I just realized something, if Gyro is the part 7 version of Caesar then would Marco be the Part 7 version of Mark?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

zetamind2000 posted:

I just realized something, if Gyro is the part 7 version of Caesar then would Marco be the Part 7 version of Mark?

YUP

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

zetamind2000 posted:

Bad take and idea

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

zetamind2000 posted:

It wasn't mentioned in SBR proper but Marco was also about to marry his girlfriend.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Bad take and idea

I was channeling the spirit of the endless hyperbolic posts I've read online from people who's genuine takeaway from Part 6 is that Netflix killed the franchise and we'll never have more JoJo

I understand wanting JoJo Friday back but drat half the people outside of this forum can't enjoy the fact that we even have the Part 6 anime

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 8, 2022

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish we could have seen more stand fights with the higashikata family.

At the very least more Norisuke.

So many powers got robbed and jobbed in part 8.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Anyone who wants Stone Ocean's ending changed is a loving coward.
In fact, I'd rather they add more characters, like Josuke and Giorno trying to live their normal lives to really twist the knife

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Ok sure thing dude

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zetamind2000 posted:

he may have died of a cold but he wasn't a nazi so overall i'd say it's a step up

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So now that Risotto's been confirmed as the first of four DLC characters who do y'all think will be the others? I've read elsewhere that C-Moon Pucci will very likely be second one and unless a new wave of DLC is announced the last two slots are it. The only Eyes of Heaven characters left to use are Stroheim, N'doul, Alternate Universe Diego, and Joshu but considering that they've made new characters in the past I think it's unlikely that they back go back to that well

My personal picks are Tooru and end Part 8 Josuke. I think Tooru's likely because he's the only major villain not in the game and for Josuke he enough new moves (exploding bubbles, bubble bullets, and Go Beyond) by the end of Part 8 that he'd easily work as a new character

Hellworld timeline is that we get Diego and Joshu

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Having pt 8 rep but leaving Yasuho unplayable just feels wrong to me, if they figured out a way to make Risotto's esoteric rear end work in a fighter, they can get her in there. Tooru feels like a natural enuff pick, but my heart of hearts wants to say screw that, I want playable Doggystyle.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pootybutt posted:

Having pt 8 rep but leaving Yasuho unplayable just feels wrong to me, if they figured out a way to make Risotto's esoteric rear end work in a fighter, they can get her in there. Tooru feels like a natural enuff pick, but my heart of hearts wants to say screw that, I want playable Doggystyle.

Risotto at least has an offensive presence of some kind, Yasuho is like 95% support and 5% causing car accidents

There's not a whole lot she could do besides the Go Beyond cellphone trick as a super

Toru's moveset also doesn't translate too well to fighting game mechanics but you could at least get a bunch of counters out of him(touch him in counter state = airplane piece to the face)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If Phoenix Wright can be in a fighting game Tooru and his annoying fight bugs can be made to work

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Tooru would fit more as a boss minigame, his ability is made for it. You try and chase the 89-years old doctor and have to dodge everything that deals massive damage if it touches you. If you reach him he bricks your console/PC, truly the greatest Calamity.

Edit: On a more serious note, haven't all the new characters been NPCs that had models on EoH but weren't playable? Cause I smell those are gonna be the ones who get in first, not characters like Tooru who has no model already done.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 9, 2022

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Edit: On a more serious note, haven't all the new characters been NPCs that had models on EoH but weren't playable? Cause I smell those are gonna be the ones who get in first, not characters like Tooru who has no model already done.

Most but not all of them, aside from Risotto the other ones that didn't have preexisting models are Ghiaccio and Foo Fighters

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

zetamind2000 posted:

So now that Risotto's been confirmed as the first of four DLC characters who do y'all think will be the others?

All I want is Damo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You could always have Yasuho bring in Tsurugi or Josuke for assist attacks. I think Videl does something similar in FighterZ.