Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

that bit about Lulusha from Lucci seems to imply he's not 100% on board about all this.

Lucci is probably mad he wasn’t ordered to go and murder each person in hand to hand combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I like the theory that Bonney is a charlotte and kuma wiped his brain to forget about sex with big mom

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mraagvpeine posted:

Zoro may have been the first back to that island, but Franky was second and the first back to Thousand Sunny.

D'oh.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I'm glad that there is a future where we get more giraffe combat

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jon Irenicus posted:

Giraffes are awesome.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kaku's old outfit was so perfect... his mask is a nice gag at least.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
If the Vegapunks all represent sins I wonder if we'll have a team-up/rivalry with the Straw Hats that also represent that sin?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AtomikKrab posted:

All for Vegapunk 2 being like "Yo yeah give me money I need to do science and poo poo."

Not really evil, but not really moral

Well not quite Lilith is literally called Vegapunk Evil

LostRook posted:

If the Vegapunks all represent sins I wonder if we'll have a team-up/rivalry with the Straw Hats that also represent that sin?

They don't we are told what they represent at the end of the chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So does OG Vegapunk still exist and the "satellite bodies" are basically extensions of his will or did he literally split his mind into six separate bodies? If its the latter then my guess is that the individual Vegapunks each only have portions of his memories but not the whole picture, which would be an effective way to finally meet Vegapunk without completely revealing every world shattering secret they know before the crew gets to Laugh Tale.

His main body should still exist from what Lilith said.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

They don't we are told what they represent at the end of the chapter.

I meant from a Doylist perspective not a Watsonian one.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Giraffes are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-fiVWsq98

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Jon Irenicus posted:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:bignews: :five:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

canon.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 7, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

No Wave posted:

Kaku's old outfit was so perfect... his mask is a nice gag at least.

He's a dead ringer for Jamiroquai

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I love this so much

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

hahahaha

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We are absolutely getting a lagann-hen finale style battle in this arc where each member of the crew gets a giant robot that adapts their ability somehow. possibly definitely combining robots.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

If one of the Vegapunks isn't a Cyborg 009 reference I'm going to be very disappointed.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

ThingOne posted:

If one of the Vegapunks isn't a Cyborg 009 reference I'm going to be very disappointed.

a Go Nagai inspired design would be fun, maybe a Tomino character can show up and say war is bad

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
So we're definitely in the arc where Kizaru gets punched in the face. Those hologram gloves are crying out for narrative purpose. Is Kizaru a Vegapunk? I dunno. Is Luffy gonna deck him with the Nintendo power glove? Ya.

The Strawhats are finally gonna beat an admiral.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Desumaytah posted:

So we're definitely in the arc where Kizaru gets punched in the face. Those hologram gloves are crying out for narrative purpose. Is Kizaru a Vegapunk? I dunno. Is Luffy gonna deck him with the Nintendo power glove? Ya.

poo poo never even considered this foreshadowing how Kizaru gonna get beat.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I bet Vegapunk's Island heating system is what's causing the crazy storm around Egghead.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I went back to check if Hattori was still with Lucci, and not only is he there, but:

He has his own little bowl of corn to eat :3:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Desumaytah posted:

I guess, but anyone capable of defeating Kizaru wouldn't really need them since they'd be capable of hitting him anyway.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
yeah not really seeing the "finally a kizaru counter" thing when 14 years ago a guy pointed a regular rear end gun at him and he surrendered

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
i just thought of something: what if that light manipulation tech could be used on those island nuke lasers?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
if kizaru does show up (which feels pretty possible since just lucci 2.0 would be a little underwhelming as the arc's final boss) there would probably be some gags with luffy insisting on using the gloves even though he could just use haki

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

lih posted:

if kizaru does show up (which feels pretty possible since just lucci 2.0 would be a little underwhelming as the arc's final boss) there would probably be some gags with luffy insisting on using the gloves even though he could just use haki

Who else is even left who could conceivably pose a threat at this point? BB and the admirals seem like a lock at this point. Maybe Shanks? Whatever’s going on with Im is probably going to be the final boss if BB jobs out. The pacifista will probably be important somehow but I kind of doubt they’ll amount to much more than Zoro/Sanji fodder in the long run. Maybe Black Bartholomew here will play an Oars jr. role in this arc.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Oh man Sanji is gonna be pissed about that auto chef.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yall forgetting Luffy has obtained "I can do what I want" powers, and can probably punch Light no problem if he wanted to.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Seraphim Kuma could be a huge threat.

Infinitum posted:

Yall forgetting Luffy has obtained "I can do what I want" powers, and can probably punch Light no problem if he wanted to.

Depends on if he can turn it on at will.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anyone can probably punch light if they use haki.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ryaomon posted:

yeah not really seeing the "finally a kizaru counter" thing when 14 years ago a guy pointed a regular rear end gun at him and he surrendered

Ben Beckman is famous across the seas for his light manipulation bullets. The gun itself is just normal though l.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm the lion with the TRUMP visor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Haki and Gear 5 both require like, concentration and can run out or whatever. Light punching gloves are eternal.