Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kizaru gonna get taken out by Franky who can't use haki but can use the light punching glove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Oh man Sanji is gonna be pissed about that auto chef.
luffy/chopper/etc are definitely going to demand it be installed on the sunny and sanji is definitely going to either get insanely mad or do Robin's deadpan "it's embarrassing as a human being" sort of reply

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Theory - that Seraphim is malfunctioning because Vegapunk put Kuma's consciousness in it. Seraphim Kuma will join the crew as the final member, finally fulfilling the "Paw Paw Fruit User Joins" numerology thing.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Lpzie posted:

I'm the lion with the TRUMP visor

shut up

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
every chapter is going to feel like more and more chapters in one until the final chapter is an entire other one piece

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tolth posted:

Theory - that Seraphim is malfunctioning because Vegapunk put Kuma's consciousness in it. Seraphim Kuma will join the crew as the final member, finally fulfilling the "Paw Paw Fruit User Joins" numerology thing.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmMlCQrcmhY

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Saw a preview trailer for the dub of Film Red, they do not appear to be dubbing the songs, fwiw

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arist posted:

Saw a preview trailer for the dub of Film Red, they do not appear to be dubbing the songs, fwiw

That’s kind of weird considering they got AmaLee to voice Uta

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
knowing funimation they probably tried to get her to dub all the songs for a hundred dollars flat

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's usually like weird-rear end separate licensing poo poo when it comes to dubbing songs, which I think is part of the reason you don't really see dubbed opening songs anymore.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, they used to dub the openings but stopped, and even that scene in the end of the timeskip where We Are starts playing doesn’t have the English version in the dub despite already having one (which, you know, good thing considering Vic) so it’s probably a “can’t” thing rather than “won’t” and they were hoping to be allowed to.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Ryaomon posted:

yeah not really seeing the "finally a kizaru counter" thing when 14 years ago a guy pointed a regular rear end gun at him and he surrendered

while i agree with the sentiment (the gauntlet doesn't really... do much against kizaru as you'd need advanced haki anyway to even compete with him) this is consistently the most misremembered scene in all of one piece. kizaru mocked beckman by putting his hands up and then like 2 panels later ignored him and attacked luffy. beckman didn't really accomplish anything

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Arist posted:

I do not believe that is true.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, okay. I definitely did watch a trailer with English voices where the song was in Japanese, though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Arist posted:

Uh, okay. I definitely did watch a trailer with English voices where the song was in Japanese, though.

I believe that. But i dont believe they won't actually be dubbed in theater.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As I said, it does seem odd to hire someone famous for their music work to play Uta but not let them actually sing. We’ll see how it goes I guess

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Lpzie posted:

I'm the lion with the TRUMP visor

I thought it said JUMP

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/luffysmayie/status/1578569711867961344 lmao

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

amazing

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Make it so that when you transition between areas there’s a small chance you just load into a random part of the map

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That owns

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
In any case, we know where we're going.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/i/status/1578758901260029952

is the trailer btw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

Make it so that when you transition between areas there’s a small chance you just load into a random part of the map

I’ll see what I can do

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Idk if anyone else noticed this small detail, but they don't seem to be dubbing the songs despite it being a trailer for the English dub of the movie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Kizaru gonna get taken out by Franky who can't use haki but can use the light punching glove.

Actually I really hope that Usopp and Franky work together to put the tech into the Clima-Tact, and Nami is the one to beat Kizaru, because that would be loving awesome.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CHAPTER!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ccarrollbeard/status/1578945356624453633?s=20&t=hDeiQzPIYdb4ERj8sUrucw

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Looks even cooler in motion

https://twitter.com/ccarrollbeard/status/1578919280363507712

Also, there are some awesome shots with their wanted posters

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1578948320936198144?s=20&t=hDeiQzPIYdb4ERj8sUrucw

SHUT UP WITH THAT FIRST SENTENCE

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

SHUT UP WITH THAT FIRST SENTENCE
__________________/

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
law's fruit makes perfect sense and so does its awakening

once you've come to terms with that, you're ready to move on to the big leagues, like tear whales

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

i never saw the color version LMAO

that makes even less sense

viola please

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i know they cause a lot of frustration but honestly i really like the abstract applications of devil fruit powers in one piece i think it's a lot of fun

anything that revolves loosely around a central concept like kuma's owns or just wild poo poo about otherwise straightforward powers like second sight stuff but also you can weaponize your tears

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Violen posted:

i know they cause a lot of frustration but honestly i really like the abstract applications of devil fruit powers in one piece i think it's a lot of fun

anything that revolves loosely around a central concept like kuma's owns or just wild poo poo about otherwise straightforward powers like second sight stuff but also you can weaponize your tears

I figure there is some pun in Japanese that I'm not getting that helps it make sense.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scholtz posted:

Looks even cooler in motion

https://twitter.com/ccarrollbeard/status/1578919280363507712

Also, there are some awesome shots with their wanted posters

I know that the movies are non-cannonical, but in this instance it's weird because of the Uta episodes they've put into the anime.

The Wanted reward levels + Jinbei's inclusion implies that he joined the Straw Hat crew, and then they immediately halt their assault on Onigashima to go to Uta's concert :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

chefscientist posted:

I figure there is some pun in Japanese that I'm not getting that helps it make sense.

oda does it again