Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Bro, PM me a link to dads.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John Romero is turning into the trollface

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Saladfingers*

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

John Romero is turning into the trollface

He's derping

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

finished Alienated...after the secret map most levels were kinda too long and sprawling but hell that always seems to happen with modern level sets. at least the aesthetic stayed pitch perfect through the end. also weird that this was a ZDoom specific set, there were 4 moments in the entire wad that actually used source port stuff like lighting and room over room etc., none of which was very good anyway. coulda been cut, highly recommend at least checking this one out though, especially the first 5 maps + the secret level.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

https://twitter.com/FalconFeedsio/status/1580419927806447616

If anyone here posts on Doomworld, change your password and ideally your email address as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

picked up some Doom since im back on my bullshit, with Arrival (2021). its ok. idk why it won a cacoward, its kind of like skillsaw style constant forward momentum arena maps but missing a lot of finesse. it is quite satisfying how many hitscanners the mapper uses late in levels when you can carve through 50 chaingunners in 3 seconds with a PG. but im not loving it so far, up to map05.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

been playin Swim with the Whales, ribbiks makes good poo poo. i need to use saves even on hmp its too tough, but its fun to practice a couple minutes of encounters and try to rebalance the ammo youre using to get through, its really tightly balanced, super fun. loving all the blue too.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

playing Mutiny, only the first map so far but its very refreshing after a couple longer setpiece heavy linear wads. lots of quick action and fun exploration. really badass intermission screen too

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

playing the steam port of doom 64. i remember nothing about it from when i played the original as a kid. i know opinions of d64 aren't terribly high here but i'm enjoying it so far. it's weird. the way they overuse the colored lighting is kinda funny

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

thanks good guy ribbiks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
after putting it off for a year i finished wormwood 3 dot wad from ribbiks and grain of salt. ON HMP ofc. AND with a billion saves. these wads are really excellent. this set isn't as wacky as wormwood eu with the bouncy walls but the gimmicks are still cool. and maybe not quite as excellent as wormwood eul but "Stabbed, with a sowrd," from wormwood eu is like a top 1% map 2 me. someday ill do a uv demo of it..... it's even BETTER than suburbs and tenements folks. its THAT GOOD.

one of the gimmicks in this one is psycho spider babies that shoot in a weird pattern like when you have an invisibility sphere and i think they do close to hell knight damage :gonk: i loaded a save with iddqd since it was too hard to screen shot w/o dying

anyway check it out and wormwood 1 and wormwood eu AND wormwood iv which came out a few days ago on ribbik's page.

https://www.rbkz.net/doom/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ribbiks is a god among gamers. I'll check it out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also the more WADs I play the more I've come to resent the spider bastards. when you mess up a room with spiders in them you can die in like 2 shots. So hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

playing Mutiny, only the first map so far but its very refreshing after a couple longer setpiece heavy linear wads. lots of quick action and fun exploration. really badass intermission screen too

update this was pretty cool but at map05ish they started a City Level chapter and quickly losing steam+hoipe.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
wormword iv was cool. thanks. also maybe easier than the other ones [on hmp :twisted:]. goodbye

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
for the past few weeks i've been hitting random on the idarchive and seeing what happens. well, get this, its mostly bad. if you love: orthagonal rooms connected by hallways, nonsensical progression, and REAMS of barons and lost souls as enemy window dressing you are going to be ENAMOURED of like 95% of everythinig posted on the idarchive over the past 25+ years. its also a good reminder that Coom 1+2 fan content was mostly dm maps instead of single player stuff. sorry i forgot. there are a LOT of dm maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
u do sometimes get some goofy stuff in readme's sometimes however.

Misc. Author Info : As a Christian, I find the theological aspects
of DOOM amusing. In DOOM, Hell is a never-ending
source of shotgun fodder with conveniently marked
exits. I can state with certainty that the real
thing will be far more terrible, so avoid it! If
you desire more information, please feel free
to drop me an EMail note.

This first release of the Sewers of DOOM is
intended as the first episode in a trilogy. I
would like to say for certain that I will be able
to complete my story, but time is the most
precious resource of all. If you like this
wadfile, a little EMail encouragement certainly
couldn't hurt the creative process. Enjoy!

Hell for a 1994 e1m1 replacement using only deu this map wasn't TOO bad tbh. i could not figure out how to find about 50ish monsters but there also wasn't enough ammo to kill about 5 barons i ran past. 4 out of 5 stars.