Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

A Buttery Pastry posted:

actual MGS boss origin story.

the fury wasn't depressed, he got loving pissed. it ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

the fury wasn't depressed, he got loving pissed. it ruled.
mgs3 had two space origin stories

shatner is the boss

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You can say Kanye is just mentally unwell and it's probably true but his replies sure are full of unironic Nazis sharing infographics of every single Jewish person who works for a media company rn

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

A Buttery Pastry posted:

mgs3 had two space origin stories

shatner is the boss

The boss went to space?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mastershakeman posted:

The boss went to space?
yeah, that's why she grew disillusioned with the cold war

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Any Mike Flanagan fans ITT? Started watching his newest series The Midnight Club a couple of days ago. The mid-episode stories are a departure from his previous shows but that good "meditations on the human condition set against a spooky location" flavor is still there.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Kanye West is a production and rap legend influential on the same level as like Stevie Wonder or Daft Punk lol at corny white people being like "oh his music sucks"

I don't even like his last few albums but cmon now

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Sicario 2 is that warhammer meme about all the messages of sicario 1 being overlooked for "wow! cool cia raid!"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Watched the latest bond movie yesterday. It was pretty fun once it actually gets to the action portions. I have no idea why they decided to make it 3 hours though.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

kanye's twitter antics reminded me that i never liked his music which always had this pretentious quality to it

:pwn:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm not really sure bipolar actually makes you say you're going "death con 3" on the Jews for inventing cancel culture

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

Sicario 2 is that warhammer meme about all the messages of sicario 1 being overlooked for "wow! cool cia raid!"

lol exactly, i was shocked to learn the same guy wrote both movies

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

loquacius posted:

I'm not really sure bipolar actually makes you say you're going "death con 3" on the Jews for inventing cancel culture

it doesn't but being manic suppresses your ability to control your worst impulses and also your ability to critically think about what you're hearing or saying

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kanye's also always been an edgelord. Between his mental illness, being an edgelord, and now a divorced dad the possibilities are endless.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Justin Tyme posted:

the warhammer meme being "buy our products."

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I saw this in kindergarten and that wood troll scared the hell outta me. Haven't seen it since.

He scared the hell out of everyone when they were a kid.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

He scared the hell out of everyone when they were a kid.

The scene where the kid looks under the bed and then when it pans up the troll is in the bed with him caused me to sleep with my back to the wall for years as a child.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

Kanye West is a production and rap legend influential on the same level as like Stevie Wonder or Daft Punk lol at corny white people being like "oh his music sucks"

I don't even like his last few albums but cmon now

I'm not too knowledgeable about rap but I listened to some tracks off of Graduation while working out yesterday and they still hold up.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Watched the latest bond movie yesterday. It was pretty fun once it actually gets to the action portions. I have no idea why they decided to make it 3 hours though.

I was visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago and my dad was really keen on watching this with me, though we didn't get around to it. There's something about the continued existence of the Bond franchise that feels really weird to me in 2022, and I don't know how to articulate it. Something about being a Cold War artifact that people keep trying to shoehorn into modern times, and how those attempts still appeal to a small subset of dudes who don't necessarily all have Cold War nostalgia.

E: the last Bond movie that I saw (Skyfall) was even about how Bond is a washed-up dinosaur and needs to get with the times.

C-Euro has issued a correction as of 17:59 on Oct 9, 2022

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Because when the British people abandon Bond, they will have to admit it’s all over, and they really don’t want to do that.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gil scott-shatner owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

kanye's twitter antics reminded me that i never liked his music which always had this pretentious quality to it

??? his first five albums are some of the best music of the last century. "spaceship" is the best track ever written. I get the desire to stan, though it only took me a couple years to start ignoring him, not twelve

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1579138454868267009

https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1579146220043325440

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

i watched the new dont hug me im scared it was good

Finished this. It's great. Any skepticism I had about them adjusting to 22 minutes was unwarranted.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

he's right

what brand of mental illness is this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

Finished this. It's great. Any skepticism I had about them adjusting to 22 minutes was unwarranted.

the first episode on jobs made me really sad

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i say swears online posted:

the first episode on jobs made me really sad

They traded some of the visceral horror for more existential horror and absurdism, and it works.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Holy poo poo Nextwave is going to be made.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/1577996825730195456

this

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Any Mike Flanagan fans ITT? Started watching his newest series The Midnight Club a couple of days ago. The mid-episode stories are a departure from his previous shows but that good "meditations on the human condition set against a spooky location" flavor is still there.

i started watching it yesterday, pretty good so far. i kinda just stumbled into it, saw no promotion for it, which seems strange to me since the flanagan stuff usually seems to do well in netflix. i guess the premise of a bunch of cancer ridden teens is a bit of a tough sell

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

Kanye west had a really bad song in 2008 called Love Lockdown. Really bad. It was on the radio all the time when I went to school in the morning

God that was a terrible song

Ye is a genius and people who don't like him have oppositional defiant disorder, I have no other explination for you and your kind

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Casey Finnigan posted:

Kanye west had a really bad song in 2008 called Love Lockdown. Really bad. It was on the radio all the time when I went to school in the morning

God that was a terrible song

dumbass white man opinion

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Antonymous posted:

Ye is a genius and people who don't like him have oppositional defiant disorder, I have no other explination for you and your kind

personally I don't like him because earlier today he said he wanted to go defcon 3 on Jews and that we run the world behind the scenes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my favorite Kanye track is "Run the World (Jews)"

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
He said Death Con 3 actually.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

shatner is honestly kind of fascinating in how he’s so consistently a gigantic unrepentant piece of poo poo and yet repeatedly comes within a hairs breadth of realizing what’s up all the loving time. dude will have an epiphany about how much of a shithead he was to cast members, make a big deal of trying to make amends, and then immediately go say some insane hellshit in the same stride

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

shatner is honestly kind of fascinating in how he’s so consistently a gigantic unrepentant piece of poo poo and yet repeatedly comes within a hairs breadth of realizing what’s up all the loving time. dude will have an epiphany about how much of a shithead he was to cast members, make a big deal of trying to make amends, and then immediately go say some insane hellshit in the same stride

a rat bit his sister nell

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

speaking of the dumbass beer run movie, did anyone watch Da 5 Bloods?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I watched it a while ago, close to when it first came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I need to. The screenwriter, Kevin Willmott is like a friend of a friend.