Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

this loving owns

too bad this wasnt that one time in my life i was in times square for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i completely forgot that viola's fruit had the weird tear attacks power on top of the mind-reading and x-ray vision

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
they shouldve let moocy join

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
he better show up as part of the grand fleet

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Just read the chap. One Piece is so loving good

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Violen posted:

oda does it again

what are the oda's most goated attack puns? marco's pinapple grenade one blew my loving mind when someone pointed out that a pineapple is translated to phoenix pear in japanese and chinese

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I have to respect the multilayered meaning of Zoro’s Phoenix Caliber moves that are nearly impossible to translate consistently because of the wordplay. But yeah I think X-Caliber always wins on that front because goddamn.

Also it’s a localization thing so I guess it might not count but Extra Hot Imperial Flaming Wings and Groves of Wrath are neat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Infinitum posted:

I know that the movies are non-cannonical, but in this instance it's weird because of the Uta episodes they've put into the anime.

The Wanted reward levels + Jinbei's inclusion implies that he joined the Straw Hat crew, and then they immediately halt their assault on Onigashima to go to Uta's concert :v:

It's a loving Uta concert, of course everyone used their PTO to take the weekend off for it then finish the assault on Monday.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Violen posted:

oda does it again

Oda might be able to sleep for more than 2 hours a night if he didn't spend so much time on wikipedia crafting the perfect pun combinations. Unless he has a team of assistants doing nothing but wikipedia dives and compiling massive excel spreadsheets of possible multi level pun ideas.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Close race between Oda and Araki when it comes to "mangaka most addicted to Wikipedia".

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
my favorite oda wikipedia adventures are when he throws out popsci jargon about whatever cool concept he just read about to explain his weird fantasy phenomena lol it owns

the best one is on the way down to fishman island when half the crew gives up on understanding what nami's going on about at the same time

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
kaido wouldve won if he was wearing kelly funk

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
what a ridiculous tournament arc LMAO

one of my favorite parts of dressrosa

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
https://twitter.com/Adil_OPP/status/1579091453061365760

The Big Hat is real!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Berlin… never existed.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ok day one purchase for me

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

I got the tude now posted:

what are the oda's most goated attack puns? marco's pinapple grenade one blew my loving mind when someone pointed out that a pineapple is translated to phoenix pear in japanese and chinese

Stollen Fire and Raganaraku are both A+++

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jGXnU6eEyI

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I'm doing a rewatch of the anime while working and blueno turning luffy's head into a revolving door owns. And so does Kaku.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Removing kaku would take enies lobby from a 10 to a 9 and I can’t think of another cp9 who I could say the same for

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Removing kaku would take enies lobby from a 10 to a 9 and I can’t think of another cp9 who I could say the same for
spandam is integral too i think

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Chapter is officially out https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014600

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

What would removing Kalifa do for it?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Delphisage posted:

It would ruin it. That would stop sanji from getting defeated and then his pep talk to Usopp wouldnt mean anything later.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Lucci seems to be giving more of an annoyed vibe in the official translation.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The official wording for zoro's line also makes it feel like he has less of a personal bone to pick with vegapunk and more related to the crew as a whole

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm seeing double- 12 vegapunks!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Delphisage posted:

Get it charged with sexual harassment.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What the hell Jinbei

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Electric Phantasm posted:

What the hell Jinbei

It's a set up for Jinbei's eyes to pop when it's real.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1579669158496985091?t=qHPSj8Y_rqDfmpG8hw_OCg&s=19
Silly Oda giggling years and years ago

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1579672132300460032?t=L4ksCP9UXe6rWbk76kV1eA&s=19

The punk numbers confirmed to be mixed up. Also Kuma's hair is supposed to be white here.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

:roflolmao:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I hope kaku sees the light and joins the straw hats

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dont think he's got it in him to betray his friends again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Oda has brought back former villains a lot so I'm extremely here for lucci and kaku losing again so they get to be the first people with a second cover arc

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i think it'd be very satisfying to see luffy humiliate lucci at some point

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

tbp posted:

i think it'd be very satisfying to see luffy humiliate lucci at some point

Luffy gonna take Hattori and make him wear a tiny straw hat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
A fun guy like Kaku getting betrayed by the WG then fighting extra hard just to cuck for the celestial dragons again is too bad. I'm hoping they're at least a little sword aligned otherwise they're the exact same characters coming back to lose again two years (in-verse) later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At the very least, Lucci doesn't really seem to like what's going on with his whole "it doesn't make sense to kill the guy" thing