Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

YggdrasilTM posted:

Maybe she doesn't know there are copies and she thinks there is only one?

this is dumb to think, considering she saw the one the revolutionaries have in marijoa mary geoise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also yeah I would just wait until the usual TCB scan, this one sucks

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

YggdrasilTM posted:

Maybe she doesn't know there are copies and she thinks there is only one?

The translation is garbage so it’s all still up in the air!

I think this “Kuma” is one of the old Kuma-lookalike Pacafistas. I imagine this is either what they’re being used for with the Seraphim deployed, or a prototype. It also seems like Kuma had something to do with this island, given Bonney is as familiar with it as she is. Heck, maybe King Kuma commissioned Vegapunk back in the day to make a robot police force that looks like him, and the WG said “hey that there is a neat idea.”

I think Bonney is just having a classic “I can’t hurt the image of my father!” moment. Which kinda sucks to see from a Supernova Captain, but I can give it a pass if this was a flinch sort of reaction to establish Bonney’s emotional investment.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Here is a terrible translation. Also I'm confused about something the terrible translation says." :downs:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
There's still the actual visuals to speculate against! Still, there's so little of use to glean from this translation. The only thing translated I can really trust is the super obvious stuff, like people saying "That's a car" while looking at a car.

Note: no cars are in this chapter.

EDIT: Or maybe there are. WE should wait for TCB , so we can debate about what THEY say about whether or not there are cars until the official translation is released.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

i am tim! posted:

Note: no cars are in this chapter.

what the gently caress

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
What if there was an island that was just literally a contemporary real life city for no particular reason or explanation given

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It worked for Mario. :shrug:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

The very first speech bubble in the chapter sucks poo poo, no way am I reading this

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I like to support One Piece by reading the official release. :)

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

There's a better translated version on the OP reddit. Still poo poo compared to TCB.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
that's not kuma, that's bisoromi bear

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Someone pull Kaizoku Fansubs out of a time machine, I bet they'll give a more readable translation.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ever since the whole "Kozuki was born to burn" debacle a few months back I am now super cagey about translations lol

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cat Machine posted:

Ever since the whole "Kurozumi* was born to burn" debacle a few months back I am now super cagey about translations lol

Isn't that supposed to be the wordplay?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

[chapter spoilers]
Another gender swap ability but this one refers to being a woman as a disease hoo boy Oda.

Sure does seem like BB is collecting people readers have a vested interest in. Koby, Law, Pudding(?) Fun way to get everyone together in one place for the inevitable big BB battle.

Still excited for what order the finale stuff goes down. Got BB as one set of bad guys and Im and angry navy commander on the other. Have to assume BB gets fought as they race to the One Piece, but does that mean they get it and then go back to Mary Geoise to beat them up? Or do they take a detour from getting to Laugh Tale to go beat up Im. Or does Im leave his castle for some reason.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 13, 2022

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Delphisage posted:

Isn't that supposed to be the wordplay?

The problem is that it sounds like Hiyori’s saying that all of them were born to burn which is kinda ducked up, as opposed to the official translation saying “this Kurozumi was born to burn” which is a callback without basically saying an entire clan deserved to die as opposed to one shitlord who lorded it over people as a glorified figurehead that no one bothered killing because he was so utterly inconsequential at that point.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Last Celebration posted:

The problem is that it sounds like Hiyori’s saying that all of them were born to burn which is kinda ducked up, as opposed to the official translation saying “this Kurozumi was born to burn” which is a callback without basically saying an entire clan deserved to die as opposed to one shitlord who lorded it over people as a glorified figurehead that no one bothered killing because he was so utterly inconsequential at that point.

Sounds like Japanese ambiguity that could be translated as either Orochi or his whole clan, but I wouldn't put it past either Oda or his editors to just not care about the interpretation, even if they still remembered Orochi's backstory, because puns override themes or something. Best Stephen Paul could do here was to just eliminate the ambiguity and pick whichever interpretation was most generous to the story being told.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Delphisage posted:

Someone pull Kaizoku Fansubs out of a time machine, I bet they'll give a more readable translation.

Fear the Bisoromi Bear-sama Seraphim

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Fear the Bisoromi Bear-sama Seraphim

More likely Bisoromi Kuma-sama Sarafeem.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 13, 2022

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Bisoromi Bear was born to burn!!!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

lih posted:

that's not kuma, that's bisoromi bear

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ManSedan posted:

Bisoromi Bear was born to burn!!!

Ah, so Im is actually Smokey wearing a cloak. Makes sense. The vendetta against the big hat is actually just part of the ancient tension between those who wear the felt, and those who wear the straw campaign hat.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Id also be upset seeing a perfect robot clone of my dad getting annihilated by giant fists

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Jose posted:

Luffy was putting up a decent enough fight against kaido he might have won with gear 4 had cp0 not interfered. Lucci should get clowned on

i dont think he would have won. going into the strike where cp0 interfered, luffy was pretty blunt about it being his last attack in gear 4. while kaido could have recovered during the time luffy was dead, it still took a ton of gear 5 fighting to finish him off (inc. an island sized fist coated w so much conquerors haki it was overflowing), so i doubt the last gear 4 hit would have actually put him down.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

drat this is great, if they keep this up, I get to read the chapter spoilers, the bad translation, the good translation and the official release. Hopefully one day there's a variation on a new chapter for every day of the week.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am enjoying this pivot to Astro Boy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Would you guys have asked Rayleigh to tell you about the One Piece?

Be honest.

I use strategy guides a lot so I probably would have and Luffy would yell at me and I'd be sad.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Viridiant posted:

Be honest.

I use strategy guides a lot so I probably would have and Luffy would yell at me and I'd be sad.

Im an old man who grew up in the age when translations like those were the standard and to be honest i find them a bit nostalgic

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Viridiant posted:

Be honest.

No, but mostly because if I'd been a pirate I would have been smashed to pieces in the East Blue before I even got anywhere near Reverse Mountain :smith:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Viridiant posted:

Be honest.

No because I think Rayleigh would beat me up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Viridiant posted:

Be honest.

Related question, if Oda were to offer to tell you about the One Piece and you would be the only English speaker to know, would you

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man I've been looking up One Piece fanart on Pixiv cause I wanted a nice Uta wallpaper and I've found a bunch of really dope One Piece fanartists.

One even drew Calgara and Noland, it's sweet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waffleman_ posted:

Related question, if Oda were to offer to tell you about the One Piece and you would be the only English speaker to know, would you

God no, why would I want to deny others the excellence of One Piece? Everybody should be invited to the biggest party in the world.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4310/one-piece-chapter-1063

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I just watched a video of a giraffe no-sell being actively eaten by a pride of lions, I respect Kaku more than ever.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
now why would aokiji go and kidnap pudding

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rexyelXOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU