Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

You can’t stop someone from using their powers completely but you can stop their effects on you.

Reiterating a prediction for posterity; Shanks' haki will be so powerful that it just straight up turns off devil fruits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I lied, I went back and found it, it’s actually Doffy on a denden mushi telling Law that his powers won’t work because of Vergo’s haki, and references a fight between them in the past. Then Law chops the island in half :black101:

Yeah it's sorta weird because Vergo/Doffy imply that Law is traumatized by Vergo after the beating he got from him, but when we see hos things actually went down, it's just an grown Vergo beating the poo poo out of a kid Law who doesn't know how to use his powers. So unless they met and fought again after Law became a pirate, Law never really had the chance to use his Ope Ope Fruit powers on Vergo.

I guess you could assume that Vergo fought Law while he was still moonlighting as a Marine and before he took command of G5 or something.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
based on the stuff with vergo it seems like you can resist other df powers if your haki is strong enough, but it probably just comes down to a battle of wills thing and doffy was just underestimating law

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
probably the best part of the chapter was Blackbeard on Doc Q and Stronger being crushed to death with the caption “Mythical Zoan: Model Pegasus” while still looking like death warmed over, just with wings now.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Are we all just gonna ignore Law's bomb rear end titties

Also - calllleddd itttt. Blackbeard crew nabbed Pudding while Big Mom was away, so they have a route to One Piece now, especially if they get Law's rubbings.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Are we all just gonna ignore Law's bomb rear end titties

Glad to see the Ranma 1/2 Jusenkyo making a reappearance

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So how long has BB's crew had all of these fruits? Because at least for Van Auger, Doc Q, and Jesus they all fit into their roles and previous abilities that I'd believe they've had them as long as we've known them

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

mabels big day posted:

So how long has BB's crew had all of these fruits? Because at least for Van Auger, Doc Q, and Jesus they all fit into their roles and previous abilities that I'd believe they've had them as long as we've known them

burgess went to dressrosa to eat the flame fruit so I assume all of them got it recently

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I could believe the strong guy always having a strong fruit, but wasn't he trying to eat Ace's fruit in the Corrida arc?

E: Beaten

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

mabels big day posted:

Law referred to all those powers as stolen powers so probably only recently

lih
May 15, 2013

we know burgess could have only gotten his recently but the others could have gotten them at any point since we haven't really seen them much since the timeskip

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Blackbeard's crew are screwed if they get dropped in the water

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'm bummed Doc Q didn't get Moriah's fruit

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Law's gonna fukken die.

Burgess is the Hulk now.

Van Auger's power has some terrifying implications. Can he just send you anywhere? Does he need to see the place he's sending you to? Does he need to touch you like Kuma's Paw-paw fruit? That Usopp fight's gonna be insane.

One Piece is good.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
There's no way Blackbeard doesn't know about the immortality thing with Law's fruit. Also, don't they need a doctor to use it effectively? Doc Q already has the sick sick fruit

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Two fun details: Bonney was one of the only supernovas who didn't fight a pacifista at Sabaody, and she was later seen crying over the Marineford footage. gOda's Plan, etc. etc.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I must’ve forgotten this, when did we learn that Aokiji was working with Blackbeard?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I must’ve forgotten this, when did we learn that Aokiji was working with Blackbeard?

way back in Dressrosa, when Burgess is talking to Teach

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Law breaking the devil fruit effect with haki has killed the argument of Sugar being able to defeat anyone at least.

That also means everyone who got turned into a toy is either a scrub or didn't even bother trying.

lih
May 15, 2013

yum posted:

There's no way Blackbeard doesn't know about the immortality thing with Law's fruit. Also, don't they need a doctor to use it effectively? Doc Q already has the sick sick fruit

i don't think blackbeard cares that much about it, because his focus here is the road poneglyphs and he's not specifically targeting law. i'm sure he'd consider it a nice bonus though, like maybe he'll threaten law with "i'll let your crew go if you make me immortal" or something?

did make me think of the secret treasure of marejois that when combined with the ope ope no mi would allow for world domination - that's surely something to do with imu, right? maybe it's even the big hat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mabels big day posted:

Law breaking the devil fruit effect with haki has killed the argument of Sugar being able to defeat anyone at least.

That also means everyone who got turned into a toy is either a scrub or didn't even bother trying.

To be fair, Law is basically up there around/just below Emperor level, even if he and Kidd had to work together to defeat Big Mom. The guys who were at Dressrosa were powerful but seemingly not anybody that Doflamingo considered a threat, and Doflamingo was considered weak and non-threatening by Kaido.... hell, Jack probably outranked him. Like Law noted at Punk Hazard, he continually tries to raise himself to higher levels, while far too many seem content to hit a peak and stay there.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

at first I thought the teleport fruit is pretty wild but on reflection I guess it's not anywhere as powerful as traffy's. as long as you can say "this power wont work on x, because they are too strong in a general sense" I suppose anything can happen.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Blackbeard really accelerating his loving with Luffy's frenemies now, really must be the last act. I appreciate that he rebuilt the big dumb raft and is hanging with his core boys.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I think law would have a decent shot against just Blackbeard but not with half the crew there since his own crew all appear to be scrubs and bepo

lih
May 15, 2013

it's a shame law's crew never really got any development despite hanging around for so long. not that one piece has ever really needed more characters getting screentime but i'd probably have preferred to learn pretty much anything about law's crew instead of there needing to be so many red scabbards

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
PUDDING'S BEEN KIDNAPPED!

...how did BB even know big mom's 50th daughter was a three eyes? This guy's a genius.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm not even sure what Law has a crew for in the first place, he is more of a lone wolf and until Zou hadn't seen them in ages, then told them that he hadn't been sure if he was ever going to see them again at all. It feels like a holdover from his introduction that came back purely because he needed people to man his submarine.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It seems Oda has made the decision to not focus on Law's crew, or even Kid's, outside of Killer.

So far Law's crew seemingly spent most of the timeskip on Zou while Law was on Punk Hazard. They weren't allowed by the minks to fight Jack and then were stuck in the submarine when Onigashima rose up. This did let them save Luffy but after riding up on Momo there wasn't really any time in the raid to do anything.

I think it's nice that Law wants to travel with a bunch of weaklings cause they're friends. But it does mean he's a little hosed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There was the huge famous guy (Jean Bart) he freed from the dragons who was supposed to be his secret weapon, but he hasnt really done anything. We mostly see a lot of bepo being useless.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 14, 2022

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

No Wave posted:

There was the huge famous guy he freed from the dragons who was supposed to be his secret weapon, but he hasnt really done anything.

I like seeing him in the crowd shots though, I’m always like hey it’s that one guy!

I wonder if we’ll see what Kidd is up to next chapter.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think we're gonna see more Blackbeard, if anything. Oda is breaking with his previous conventions to do mid arc updates on the larger cast and I am HERE for it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
rip in pieces law

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I gotta say I enjoy how simple the BB crew's fruits are.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

No Wave posted:

PUDDING'S BEEN KIDNAPPED!

...how did BB even know big mom's 50th daughter was a three eyes? This guy's a genius.

He's got a former admiral on his crew. His intel's outdated but I'm sure a lot of it's still useful.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Haki vs fruits:

He had a pretty rad fruit, but Kaido said that fruits just lose vs haki. Kaido also extremely lost.

We're in Vegapunk land baybee.

This is the devil fruit arc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Law is a doctor. His fruit is the operation operation fruit. How did he cure himself and his crew? With Haki...

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the mere existence of devil fruits was, in itself, one of the superweapons.

Do we know how common DFs were before the new age? Maybe the reason that Dragon's bounty is so high is because he Johnny Appleseed-ed that poo poo across the whole world.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

yeah yeah yeah law vs blackbeard whatever the real news was Jinbei in the hawaiian shirt

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

rannum posted:

yeah yeah yeah law vs blackbeard whatever the real news was Jinbei in the hawaiian shirt

in my mind he's always looked like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jewel Tree Adam

Sunlight Tree Eve

Devil Fruits

Giant snake arc is real???