Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

thanks for all of the info on yakuza. i assume they're all playable on the ps5 at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

tuo posted:

Short Returnal question: finally found some time to play it, and slowly getting the hang of it a bit (though I'm still pretty bad). Got the first permanent upgrade, and got the first time a key to the house. Entered it and put the console in rest mode to cook some tea. When I came back, the console decided to update the system software (guess I'll disable this option for now), ending my run.

Can I enter it again, or did I permanently miss something important?

You should be able to go in again next run.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

thanks for all of the info on yakuza. i assume they're all playable on the ps5 at this point?

Yeah and don’t listen to anyone who says to skip 6, not only is it a good game it’s the conclusion of the main character’s entire arc and they are taking crazy pills if they suggest it’s not worth playing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't like 6 because the combat sucks and it has the least amount of side content of any game except maybe 3 and the side content is the best part of Yakuza

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

abelwingnut posted:

All of them are PS4 games so yes. Judgment, Lost Judgement, and 7/Like a Dragon all have PS5 versions.

Start with 0 and go numerically from there.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Or

1-5, 0, 6-7 because when you’ve played 1-5 you’ve seen everything you’d need to understand all the little references in 0, and then 6 caps off Kiryu’s story before you go into 7 for the new format.

Lol, no dont play 1 first, kiwami is a sequel to 0, it makes zero sense now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can absolutely play Kiwami 1 first if you want. Just because they fleshed out the connection to 0 when they Kiwami’d it doesn’t make it any less of the introduction to the franchise it was originally.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
No way lol theres way more emotional impact by playing 0 before kiwami 1. Insane suggestion!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The additions they made in Kiwami mean playing 0 first is the best way to do it, I agree

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Agreed, Nishiki is barely a character in 1 so it doesn't hit as hard without 0 for context.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I read something on twitter about Gotham knights that finally sounds like a step in the right direction. They're taking half of the bad frames out. Now you only have to see 30 garbage frames of a trash game per second. Maybe they can right the ship and put out a day 1 patch that deletes the game and refunds you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite runs great on the ps5

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

History Comes Inside! posted:

7 is a JRPG which put a fresh twist on things after all brawlers all in a row.

they are all jrpgs

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I am totally buying this game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The last duty in Shadowbringers 5.55 loving sucked. It was epic as hell but my biggest gripe with this game is when they force you to play as different characters. I'm sorry I havent been playing this game for 8 years and have every class maxed out. I've played the entire game as a bard and now you want me to be a healer?? Not only do I not know what all these buttons do, I barely know how to switch targets lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

The official frodge corn playstion rankings is as follows

Ps5
Ps1
Ps4
Ps2
Ps3

i like this frodge guy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Inscryption yesterday was utterly wild. The ant army amazing. Followed by Found footage videos and a switch to a SNES game??

Just had an utter blast and the time went too fast! Looking forward to more tomorrow.

Also earlier today, before I went to do more clearing of the old place, I had a Fromsoft craving and started a new game of Dark Souls II. It really is my favourite Dark Souls. Everything about it made me beam. :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ant Army Pelt Payload

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Quantum of Phallus posted:

From worst to best :hmmyes:

I’m sorry someone dented your head bro

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

fridge corn posted:

The last duty in Shadowbringers 5.55 loving sucked. It was epic as hell but my biggest gripe with this game is when they force you to play as different characters. I'm sorry I havent been playing this game for 8 years and have every class maxed out. I've played the entire game as a bard and now you want me to be a healer?? Not only do I not know what all these buttons do, I barely know how to switch targets lmao

I haven't gotten there yet (just beat 5.3, I believe) but I'm not a fan of those forced segments either for the most part. The boss fight as Thancred was really fun and I like the role quest ones, at least.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

There were a few moments in Like a Dragon that I know I would have appreciated a lot more had I played any of the other Yakuza games but I still enjoyed the poo poo out of it anyway.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Made it through the sewers in RE2make as Leon but I have exactly one shotgun shell left and I definitely missed something because I have an unused sewer key lol

Its weird, I think the game is most effective when its just you and a couple of zombies in an unlit hallway, or when the dogs are after you, etc. All the bosses are just such goofy piles of meat with big eyeball targets that it totally overrides any sense of horror you're supposed to be feeling

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay now I finally escaped the police station for real on RE2make. I hosed up a LOT with the dogs and the tyrant guy following me and probably wasted too much ammo, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Is he scripted to back off at certain points, or did I just get lucky when he ignored me the entire time I was running around the clock tower putting gears into things?

Also, now that I've left the police station, should I still hang onto the wooden board sitting in my inventory? There was a hallway with three exposed windows in the east wing where I just said gently caress it and ran :effort:

Mr X is specifically set to barge in on you when you pick up the lever for the bookcase, but there's enough randomness that you might miss him for long enough that he won't matter.

Boards are kind of useful if you don't know what you're doing but there's scant few places they actually seem to make a difference. Flashbangs, on the other hand, are laid out in such a fashion that there's always one just when you might want it (especially for Mr X)

The sewers probably have the most ammo-hungry enemies in the game, unfortunately

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Claire Redfield has access to the jack-of-all-trades flame grenades, which make Leon's shotgun look worthless in comparison

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Plague Tale in 3 days :woop:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the first plague tale ended very well so I’m really hoping this one doesn’t faceplant like so many other recent sequels

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I didn’t like the ending as much as most but I respect their decision to absolutely go hog loving wild with it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

I didn’t like the ending as much as most but I respect their decision to absolutely go hog loving wild with it

yeah, it was def a shift, like real gonzo...but the actual ending was really cool, where you're walking through the village with Hugo and then catching up to the cart all ominous feeling, neat vibe.

I played the game in French, maybe I'll do the same for the sequel.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh it's a choice you make, I was about to say 'Wow, just what I wanted out of a Dead Space remake, it to be even harder to see anything'

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

This looks neat when I can see it. It's way too loving dark to be playable or fun from the looks of it.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I've got no good reason to be skeptical of the Dead Space remake, but I am for whatever reason. The only big thing I didn't like about that extended look is the one time Isaac stomped it completely lacked any amount of oomf, which is insane to me. An oomf-less stomp, a shameful stomp. Otherwise, yeah it looks real good, and I'm just sweating the smaller details that really don't matter, like if they're going to change the location of Peng, and how bad the damage jelly looked during that grab attack in the decontamination room. The game's in third person! Why's jelly getting on the camera?!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

remake looks cool but Callisto looks better imo

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I watched a gameplay preview and for whatever reason the main character got swept away by a big wave of water and thrown into a sewage system or something. It was then a wacky water slide where you had to dodge junk...and it went on and on and on. Finally the player got caught by a big fan blade and instakilled, and my thought was "gently caress now they have to go through that again".

Kind of lowered my expectations a bit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SilkyP posted:

I’m sorry someone dented your head bro

a PS5 fell on my skull

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

From worst to best :hmmyes:

tweedledum-tweedledee of this thread

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I watched a gameplay preview and for whatever reason the main character got swept away by a big wave of water and thrown into a sewage system or something. It was then a wacky water slide where you had to dodge junk...and it went on and on and on. Finally the player got caught by a big fan blade and instakilled, and my thought was "gently caress now they have to go through that again".

Kind of lowered my expectations a bit.

i mean, as a sequence it's the same length as Leon being chased by the mutant alligator (which itself is amazing)

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Oh man someone in the Dead Space remake must have loved Prey. The whole thing where the ship levels actually fit together and you could go outside and you end up knowing your way around, that ruled.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They’ve already done some of that work, the Ishimura segment in Dead Space 2 combines several areas that were separated by load points in the first game. It’ll be interesting to see how they interconnect everything and if the original design really did fit inside the hull in a sensible way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kazzah posted:

Oh man someone in the Dead Space remake must have loved Prey. The whole thing where the ship levels actually fit together and you could go outside and you end up knowing your way around, that ruled.

That rules. It gives the Ishimura a more complex feeling than a series of levels connected by a train (loading screen). Prey was a delight of level design.