Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
A, Look we're getting towards the end now and need to start cashing some of our chips in and actually guiding things instead of constantly trying to maintain stasis. Things are clearly spiraling out of control and this is a great chance to help start sparking an actual revolution and get rid of our spy network.

Also our reputation literally doesn't matter if we're going for the 'Adopt Gloria' event since that absolutely tanks your score no matter what as Kayten said earlier in the thread. And if we are going full on revolutionary who could possibly care about what the former nobility thought about "our" house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
D. We've already humiliated Otton, now let's humiliate more nobles!

Kayten posted:

Now, It's not really fair for me to work on blind-run-only information like this since I've played through the game bunch of times, but! With The Lotless (our cause is just!), Sophia only got a few people who were arrested along with us. Plus, we focused the feds' attention on us, and helped even more people escape. We had the option to either betray them (the way to join El Ferro if we didn't have good stats), or help them escape (lol Manipulation). As far as I can tell, that was Sophia's first big job for the Secret Chancellery - she was simply too young before that. The reason for that is we didn't get an exposition dump for any other clandestine movement - these let a Brante on each path know what's happening with all three Lots.

She absolutely did sell out everyone there, but she did put in effort to make sure El Ferro doesn't kill us right away.

The other thing is we see a progression of her attitude over the past five years when it comes to working with El Ferro. She's getting tired, which is something she only confessed to us because we're on good terms with her. Plus she's been pretty blunt on the whole "I'm not going back to jail" thing about the House of Humility.

On top of that, El Ferro doesn't trust her, and wants us to keep an eye on her because she's a little too into the revolt for his liking.

(My very first blind playthrough was siding with Sophia and doing the revolt for real, and I still think that's the best ending)
This reminds me - what's the spoiler policy for this LP? Keep everything tagged, or just don't bring it up at all until the LP gets there?

(I've played one run of the judge's path and another of the priest's, so the LP is still half-blind for me at this point :v:)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
gonna go against the grain with C, that gets us over the Unrest Barrier to not die at the end of the chapter, but doesn't waste anything we care about (reputation or Tommas)

reducing our unrest is pretty risky at this particular juncture, we need to hit 8 before the end of the chapter or at least one of the many people we've entered incompatible conspiracies with will kill us

or at least, that's the escape hatch we're closest to, and can drat near lock in right now, for cheap

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Haifisch posted:

This reminds me - what's the spoiler policy for this LP?

Let’s keep it to “please don’t post anything coming up in the current path without spoilers; please don’t post anything in the other paths we haven’t seen yet at all, unless it comes up in an update”.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
that said, if we think we can crime our way to spy network 8, dunking on the nobles is absolutely the right decision

also, snuggling up with the Legions might let us save ourselves by gluing our lips to the overseer's left buttock, so

i guess i don't mind D, but i'm sticking with C

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

D. The Legion is a weapon of oppression incapable of doing good things. It can, however, do funny things, such as harassing the nobles instead of commoners.

Haifisch posted:

D. We've already humiliated Otton, now let's humiliate more nobles!

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
D

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Option D

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
D does sound funny.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
So are we now incapable of doing the 'launch a real revolution by ourselves' chapter end, since we showed Felipe our "loyalty"? This effects my decision.

Griffen
Aug 7, 2008
We need to stay focused on what we can do. Going back to the start of the chapter, the good things we can achieve are based on either having high spy network or really high unrest if we want to revolt. But, we also want to either get the family ennobled, which requires high rep and high wealth, or get a happy family. Importantly, we can get Gloria adopted without the secret plot if we have the family at peace status, so we just need to be on good terms with everyone, no one dead, and high unity. I don't know how Sophia fits into this, as she probably wants blood, but for now, the need to increase reputation and buy time before the revolt kicks off means we probably want to go with D.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Slightly Lions posted:

So are we now incapable of doing the 'launch a real revolution by ourselves' chapter end, since we showed Felipe our "loyalty"? This effects my decision.

No-no, we can still do a real revolution if our Unrest goes high enough. We just also qualify for El Ferro’s ending now, if we raise our Spy Network.

Griffen posted:

Importantly, we can get Gloria adopted without the secret plot if we have the family at peace status, so we just need to be on good terms with everyone, no one dead, and high unity.

About that. We could’ve brought the family to peace, and picked this option when it comes up. But. This option needs us to not have a secret plot with either Stephan or Gloria. Which is what I alluded to when the vote came up.

We can still adopt Gloria, Stephan’s just not gonna be happy about it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Kayten posted:

We can still adopt Gloria, Stephan’s just not gonna be happy about it.

Oh no. Stephan being unhappy. How awful. :geno:

jakethecap
Jan 17, 2021
A

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Kayten posted:

No-no, we can still do a real revolution if our Unrest goes high enough. We just also qualify for El Ferro’s ending now, if we raise our Spy Network.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Sir Brante is pioneering some extremely effective tactics. No one can betray you if even you don't know who you're working for at this point!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

t3isukone posted:

Sir Brante is pioneering some extremely effective tactics. No one can betray you if even you don't know who you're working for at this point!
The Steven Heck method.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

Kayten posted:

Cool, in that case C. C'mon, ya'll: let's do this revolution thing for real and also not burn our oldest friend.

:hmmyes:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Slightly Lions posted:

C. C'mon, ya'll: let's do this revolution thing for real and also not burn our oldest friend.

This right here

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

c

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
D

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

The Steven Heck method.

lmao and also accurate

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!

t3isukone posted:

How can your enemies know what the gently caress you are thinking if you don't even know yourself? Cirno Gambit is the best opening move in chess!

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
As fun as D sounds, if we're thinking about endings there's only two real options here.

If we want to side with El Ferro, we need that spy network up, which means choosing B.

If we want a revolution, we need Unrest up, and we need to choose A.

We've been playing all sides for awhile now, and I suspect we're at the point where we have to start committing. Being wishy-washy and going for balance at this point is just going to get our head on a chopping block. And I, for one, think it's time we watch it all burn down.

A

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
A. Time to give it a good old try, eh?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
yeah okay let's do A

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

A for making it out of this alive

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

A

might as well treat our promises like a queue - first made, first broken!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

This game just went on 50% sale on Steam.

ZCKaiser posted:

As fun as D sounds, if we're thinking about endings there's only two real options here.
D gets us closer to one of the endings without harm to anyone we care about.

Right now, we have the choice between:

A: Get Tommas exiled.
B: Get ourselves and our agents killed.
C: Get a bunch of commoners martyred by Legion.
D: gently caress nobles over (in a funny way).

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 18, 2022

TheMaskedReader
Aug 14, 2022
I guess I'll vote D? I don't want to see Tommas hosed over.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
D.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

TheMaskedReader posted:

I guess I'll vote D? I don't want to see Tommas hosed over.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

D

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

D gets us closer to one of the endings without harm to anyone we care about.
:hmmyes: I vote D

As immediately succesful in reaching an ending as A is, I don't like loving over Tommas for it. That would make us his Sophia from The Lotless, except no one forced us to betray him. Which makes it even shittier.

The man bought us dinner for crying out loud. Bros for life :hfive:

Kayten posted:

1.21 - A Blast From the Past

Pea fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 19, 2022

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
1.32 - Brante's House of Heresy

We take the unique option. Having this choice is our reward for doing the heist with Sophia - otherwise Otton wouldn't have been shamed in the first place.

We keep coming back to this fort, huh.

Captain Guerro has arrived.

How much of that scrappy kid is left in Tommas?

How much of the boy who bailed on homework to help him defend it is left in us?

We should hang out with Tommas more so we an at least catch up. We last saw him like three years ago.

You know, thread, I've been too hard on you. We're not a complete failson - we're downright professionals at the sketchy side of things.

Shame about the everything else though.

Catches on quick, don't he.

Why you gotta ask that, man. Can't you just appreciate a good thing?

That's a hell of an ask. "Can you lose a few nobles in your mass arrests, and we'll find then in a basement somewhere?"

Oh, without hesitation, huh.

Should've gone for all of them at once instead of spreading it out, would've had fewer stragglers.

Wait, how does that work in terms of Lesser Deaths? Is Moss gonna hang out in family crypts?

I mean, I wouldn't put it past him, to be honest.

I wonder how we got that Rep boost, too. Did Tommas praise our name in noble circles for this? Does nobody outside El Verman and Sophia put any thought into opsec?

Anyway, guess what. As legitimate print shop owners, we're always there for people with legitimate printing needs.

Oh so we do come across Lennart in this path, cool. There's nothing... significant about Lennart's theology. He's as light and inoffensive as a church reformer can be. I can't really come up with an analogous figure during the Reformation. Erasmus? His critiques were pretty mild, but he did a lot of good work beside going "Hey, please, come on, maybe don't?" to the Catholic Church. Lennart isn't much outside of that (and church politics), and absolutely rejects doing anything that might go against the rules of the church, or, Twins-forbid, the Empire.

He's basically Mayer Egmont, but for the Priest path.

This is probably as spicy as he gets. Though, to be fair, the church is a very conservative institution.

Ah, it's a "print and delivery" contract.

More of the angry dispossesed would flock to Anizotte.

That could prove very useful to us and like two of our current co-conspirators.

Could get pretty big.

--

What do we do with Lennart's pamphlets?

A. Listen, we may not be much for theology, but we're always down for a little more unrest. Print and distribute the pamphlet.

B. Things are perilous enough in Anizotte without angry heretics. Snitch on Lennart to El Ferro.

C. Oh, we could do that, no problem. For a small favour, though. Let us do a little crowd work before the sermon, and we've got ourselves a deal.

You don't often build Theology if you go this route, but it's certainly possible to have high stats outside your main Skills. If we knew anything about church orthodoxy, we could've snitched on Lennart to the Inquisition, and it'd even raise our Rep.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Ooooh. I think C

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

C definitely seems the most beneficial - every choice hurts our rep, and we have willpower to spare.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ooh, let's recruit from the crowd!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
C, this feels like a fairly obvious decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jakethecap
Jan 17, 2021
C