Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thetoughestbean posted:

They did, his name’s ShogunGeckomon

Shogun's a Perfect or Lv 5. Nodosaur is asking about a Lv 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Some Numbers posted:

(i know)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Lv 5 is ultimate

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

:hmmyes:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shouldn't 'Perfect' be a final stage? Like, you can't get better than perfect!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You can only reach the Perfect stage by absorbing Android 18.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vandar posted:

It was. The Ultimate stage was only added later in the franchise's life, in the first Digimon Pendulum V-Pet, a year and four months after the first Digital Monster came out.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Mega? No way!!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Vandar posted:

From my recollection the word they use that gets translated as Perfect in Digimon(and other works like say for Perfect Cell) more accurately translates as Complete which makes more sense considering how a lot of the early Perfects are oddball Mutants, Cyborgs, and Undead(plus a few Puppets)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

King of Solomon posted:

The boy...he's okay. A repeatable 3 source strip is solid, and the memory gain is a nice bonus. Still, this is going to be a casual deck at best, this isn't much of a buildaround and he has no inheritable for any given mega.

The first SR of the set, Ulforce X. It's also kinda okay. If you can find a way to give this reboot, he gets a double bounce, plus a 1 cost evo for an additional swing is alright.

I feel like the Geckomons are going to be less their own thing and more extra muscle for any deck that wants to do a lot of Digivolution card stripping. Maybe they can turn on some archetypes that currently can't do it reliably enough.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Bee posted:

I feel like the Geckomons are going to be less their own thing and more extra muscle for any deck that wants to do a lot of Digivolution card stripping. Maybe they can turn on some archetypes that currently can't do it reliably enough.

You're not wrong, Hexeblaumon would LOVE this set of inherits.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It is a bit odd we have yet to get a proper Ultimate to cap off the Geckomon family, there's some okay choices to go with in the current pool(Leviamon, Suijinmon, TonosomaMamemon, Bacchusmon) but it could be better

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WarGeckomon
MetalGeckomon
UlforceGeckomon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Mercuremon
Hybrid | Variable | Mutant

Digivolve: 0 from [Sakkakumon]

You may digivolve this card from your hand onto one of your black Tamers as if the Tamer is a level 3 black Digimon.
[On Play] [When Digivolving] 1 of your Digimon gains <Blocker> until the end of your opponent's turn.

quote:

Sakkakumon
Hybrid | Variable | Mutant

Digivolve: 1 from [Mercuremon]

You may digivolve this card from your hand onto one of your black Tamers as if the Tamer is a level 3 black Digimon.
[When Digivolving] 1 of your opponent’s Digimon gains “[Start of your Main Phase] This Digimon must attack.” until the end of your opponent’s turn.

Actually decent Hybrids in black! Plus they implemented slide evolution! I think this is the first taunt effect in black?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Actually decent Hybrids in black! Plus they implemented slide evolution! I think this is the first taunt effect in black?

It is, but to be fair, the only taunt effect prior to these cards was Slayderdramon specifically.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mercuremon is a complete idiot but he has an A+ design.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

...were there other lvl 4 Beast Hybrids in the card game? That doesn't seem right.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Balache404 posted:

...were there other lvl 4 Beast Hybrids in the card game? That doesn't seem right.

There are, this is just the first one where they can evolve back the Human forms

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

Look. I didn't do anything to trash the dub this time. Can I please just use the terms I prefer without doing stuff like this?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

Look. I didn't do anything to trash the dub this time. Can I please just use the terms I prefer without doing stuff like this?

I wasn’t trying to go after you, I was just trying to make a dumb joke, sorry

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Balache404 posted:

The levels on Beast Hybrids being inconsistent between the card game and vital bracelet only drives me a little insane.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Balache404 posted:

Yes. All the other B-Hybrids in the TCG have been Level 4, and we've gotten them for every element but (as of exactly this moment, and quite probably not much longer) Water. The A-Hybrids in the TCG are all level 5 as well. There's a very long, needlessly complicated, very messy history behind how cards and games have pitched equivalent evolution stages for the various Hybrids (WHICH IS STILL ONGOING), but suffice to say them being Level 4 is not exactly a new take.

Also Mercuremon and Sefirotmon are INCREDIBLY good. I've been hoping we'd get them in Black for a while now since Grottomon and Gigasmon were clearly and intentionally meh (besides the inherent value of being Hybrids) back in BT7 while Black has since become a very Tamer-happy color in the meantime, and these knock it out of the park with their effects. They are both extremely on point for what the color looks like these days. I honestly think these are the first reveals since spoiler season opened on BT12 I actually care about. I would love to see a similarly compelling Duskmon and Ranamon in the set.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The Bee posted:

The levels on Beast Hybrids being inconsistent between the card game and vital bracelet only drives me a little insane.

Because they're hybrid instead of champion/ultimate/whatever, they can appear at different evolution stages at different times. Same thing goes for Armors, to a lesser extent.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Armors and Hybrids have historically been a pain in the neck for the franchise when they're used in environments that force them to have a normal level (which is, unsurprisingly, very often) and have fluctuated hard between levels. Hybrids get it even worse though, having gone all the way down to Child (for Human Spirits) and all the way up to Mega (for Beast Spirits) and everything in-between. So they're whatever level the current media feels they should be.

Normally Beasts are a level higher than Humans, which the Hybrid lore supports, but the DCG has them both as Level 4 (Adult-equivalent) which makes sense if they're specifically based on Frontier, where they're considered roughly equal but with their stats in different areas (speed/agility vs sheer power) and characters from both sides switch between them depending on what's currently required (until they're all made redundant because Takuya and Koji get better forms).

Also I guess Mercuremon and Sephirotmon are in this set despite having no Xros Wars connections because they're descended from AncientWisemon, which itself evolves from Wisemon, who is a relevant Xros Wars character. Indeed, both Wisemons were shown in the Twitter account today and are also Black.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Sefirotmon showed up in xros wars (albeit in hunters).

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also I guess Mercuremon and Sephirotmon are in this set despite having no Xros Wars connections because they're descended from AncientWisemon, which itself evolves from Wisemon, who is a relevant Xros Wars character. Indeed, both Wisemons were shown in the Twitter account today and are also Black.

You never know honestly. Plausibly its because Sefirotmon showed up in Young Hunters, but it could be because they wanted to expand on whatever a "Tamer Focused Deck" is and because it made sense to print good Hybrids for Black. Or it could be both. On the other hand it's not like Digimon Sets have ever needed excuses to introduce supplemental Digimon and lines to existing themes whether it was in the set's "theme" or not. Consider that BT10 had a new Renamon line and a new Justimon as well as Bloom Lordmon and his enterouge and none of them had anything to do with Xros Wars. Similarly Arbormon and Petaldramon and Ancient Troiamon got dropped into BT6 which is a set that was otherwise utterly unrelated to Frontier. It might be a tie-in to Xros Wars, or it might just be they wanted to print Mercuremon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Golux posted:

Sefirotmon showed up in xros wars (albeit in hunters).

I completely forgot about this but in fairness Hunters is not worth remembering.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

I completely forgot about this but in fairness Hunters is not worth remembering.

As someone who liked Young Hunters the best of the three Xros War parts, this is completely correct.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Wisemon BT12-080 C <02>
Ultimate | Virus | Wizard

[On Play] [When Digivolving] Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Add 1 black or purple Digimon card from among them to your hand. Return the remaining cards to the top or bottom of the deck in any order.
-----
Inherited: <Blocker>

quote:

AncientWisemon BT12-071 R <02>
Mega | Virus | Ancient Mutant/Ten Warriors

[Opponent's Turn] (Once per turn) When your opponent's Digimon attacks, you may reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Play 1 cost 6 or lower black card from among them without paying its memory cost. Trash the rest.
[On Deletion] You may play 1 level 4 or lower black card with [Hybrid] in its traits from your hand without paying its memory cost.

quote:

Laplace's Demon BT12-107 C <02>

[Main] 1 of your opponent's Digimon gains "[Start of your Main Phase] Attack with this Digimon" until the end of your opponent's next turn.
-----
[Security] Add this card to your hand.

Evolutions for Mercurymon. Pretty neat, imo

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

I'm so excited to try and make this option work. 1 memory to delete a Digimon that is smaller than your blocker. Since it triggers at the start of turn they never get a chance to evolve before the attack!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
There’s a poo poo-ton of reveals because of a magazine release so I’ll be handling it in chunks. Apologies for the crappy picture quality

quote:

Agumon BT12-059 C <02>
Rookie | Vaccine | Reptile

[Digivolve: 0 from [Koromon]]
[On Play] Reveal 4 cards from the top of your deck. Add 1 Digimon card with [Greymon] or [Omnimon] in its name and 1 Tamer card with [Tai Kamiya] in its name to your hand. Return the remaining cards to the bottom of the deck in any order.
-----
Inherited: [All Turns] If this Digimon has [Greymon] or [Omnimon] in its name, it gains +1000 DP.

quote:

WarGreymon BT12-070 SR <02>
Mega | Vaccine | Dragonkin

[Digivolve: 3 from level 5 with [MetalGreymon] in its name]
<Raid> (When this Digimon attacks, you may switch the target of the attack to 1 of your opponent's unsuspended Digimon with the highest DP.)
[When Digivolving] This Digimon gains +3000 DP and <Reboot> until the end of your opponent's turn.
[All Turns] [Once per Turn] If the target of an attack changes, unsuspend this Digimon.

quote:

Tai Kamiya BT12-095 R <02>

[Start of your Main Phase] [On Play] 1 of your Digimon with [Agumon] or [Greymon] in its name gains +1000 DP and <Blocker> until the end of your opponent's next turn.
[Your Turn] When one of your Digimon digivolves into a Digimon with [Greymon] or [Omnimon] in its name, suspend this Tamer to gain 1 memory.
-----
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

Not a huge amount to say beyond this continuing the identity of the WarGreymon line as being Red/Black. Raid makes a second appearance, Tai seems pretty strong.

More to come, including Davis, Tagiru and Gundramon, and Takuya, because Young Hunters was the crossover anime

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Loving the mental image of WarGreymon using both Raid and Blocker and shouting "I am your opponent!" over and over again at 2-3 different digimon.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, giving this new Wargreymon Blocker would be pretty hilarious, especially with the Laplace Demon option to force an attack.

Tangentially related, I just checked the price of Davis' old Tamer card and holy crap he cratered in value.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, giving this new Wargreymon Blocker would be pretty hilarious, especially with the Laplace Demon option to force an attack.

Tangentially related, I just checked the price of Davis' old Tamer card and holy crap he cratered in value.

Good to hear. I like cards being cheap. Here’s new Davis!

quote:

Davis Motomiya BT12-090 R <02>
[Start of your Main Phase] If you have a Digimon with [Free] in its traits or a Tamer with [Ken Ichijoji] in its name, gain 1 memory.
[Your Turn] When one of your two colored blue and green Digimon attacks, by suspending this Tamer, that Digimon may digivolve into a Digimon card with [Imperialdramon] in its name in your hand by paying its memory cost.
-----

quote:

Takuya Kanbara BT12-088 R <02>

[Start of your Turn] If you have 2 or less memory, set your memory to 3.
-----
Inherited: [Your Turn] This Digimon gains +2000 DP. If this Digimon has 10000 or more DP, it gains "[Your Turn] [Once per Turn] When this Digimon checks your opponent's Security, gain 2 memory"

quote:

Tagiru Akashi BT12-096 R <02>
Hunter

[Start of your Turn] If you have 2 or less memory, set your memory to 3.
[Your Turn] When one of your Digimon would digivolve into a Digimon card with <Save> in its description, by suspending this Tamer and and placing 1 card from under your Tamers under that Digimon as its bottom digivolution card, reduce its digivolution cost by 1.
-----

quote:

Gumdramon
Rookie | Vaccine| Little Dragon
[Digivolve from Lvl 2 with <Save> in description for 0]
[On play] By placing a digimon card with [Save] in description from your hand under one of your tamers, <Draw 1>
[On Deletion] <Save>
[Digixros -2] 1 Digimon card with <Save> in description.
ESS [When Attacking] (Once per turn) If this digimon has <Save> in description, <Draw 1>

quote:

Arresterdramon BT12-077 U <02>
Champion | Vaccine | Dragon

[Digivolve: 2 from level 3 with <Save> in its description]
[When Digivolving] If this Digimon has 2 or more digivolution cards, this Digimon gains <Rush> until the end of this turn.
[On Deletion] <Save>. Then, place 1 Digimon card from your trash with <Save> in its description under 1 of your Tamers.
-----
Inherited: [When Attacking] [Once per Turn] If this Digimon has <Save> in its description, <Draw 1>.

I haven’t really been showing them off but there’s been a Save subtheme to a number of cards, particularly with Digimon that debuted in Young Hunters. They haven’t been mechanically exciting, but hey, Ganemon has a card now!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Why did they decide to give such a bland expression to a character best known for shouting every line he had? I tried looking up the closest pose I could think of to the one in Tagiru's artwork (in the opening) and even there he shows far more personality.

I don't even like Tagiru and that card is still boring as hell.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

I want these survive promos so bad. That game has some of my favorite digimon art ever.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

same, hope they print them in english

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Lending more credence to the rumored TCG client, there are "multiple" unannounced video games "in the pipeline."

https://twitter.com/digimon_games/status/1583141278513889281?s=46&t=BBdA3wHM6gE6qU1RZ-mC8g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Overflowing Power BT12-109 R <02>
While you have a Tamer with [Hunter] in its traits in play, you may use this card ignoring its colour requirements.
[Main] Digivolve 1 of your Digimon into a Digimon with <Save> in its card text from under one of your Tamers by paying its memory cost.
---
[Security] Add this card to your hand.

quote:

Arresterdramon: Superior Mode BT12-083 SR <02>
Ultimate | Vaccine | Dragon

[Digivolve: 4 from red, black or purple level 4 with <Save> in its card text]
[When Digivolving] Place 1 of your opponent's level 3 Digimon under 1 of your opponent's other Digimon as its bottom digivolution card or under 1 of their Tamers. For each Tamer you have in play with a different color, increase the maximum level this effect can choose by 1.
[End of your turn] (Once per turn) If this Digimon has 4 or more digivolution cards, this Digimon can attack without suspending.
-----
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once per turn) If this Digimon has <Save> in its card text, <Draw 1>.